“GOOD EXPERIENSE”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“GOOD EXPERIENSE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Need improve on service and do some special things when is birthdays or any celebrations. the outside area they should improve the garden and put more confortable rooms. Also be more aware about what a guess need and keep then happy.

Room Tip: the cottages are a little better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I give them 5 stars.........NOT for being a 5 star resort, because they are not. There are no mints on pillows or tuxedo clad bell men carrying your luggage.

But if you want a really great place that is a lot of fun in Bimini....this is for you

As I've said before.......2 rules when in Bimini......get a golf cart & say please or thank you to everyone.

Big Game is very cool. They have rooms & cottages....a nice size pool w/ a great little bar next to it. The bartender we dealt with was extremely charming, witty & poured a mean Bahama Mama (trust me, dont go there ordering 7 & 7 or bacardi & coke)

The front desk staff we met (Laverne & Patricia) were knowledgeable, prompt, attentive, eloquent, funny & charming. How can you beat that?

The prices are mid to high range...but completely worth it.

Food: WOW...........Spicy Shrimp. Order it....thank me later. The upstairs bar/restaurant is always breezy & cool. The staff there are wonderful with drink orders filled quickly & menu orders arriving sooner than expected.

Activities: kayaking, kite sailing, shark tank diving..........yes.......walk to the end of the pier....get in a tank and look at bull sharks. pretty cool.

Room Tip: As far as I know...they have single rooms, 2 bedroom cottages & a couple of suites. Hotel rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff D
BigGameClubBimini, General Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for yuor review Jeff! Glad to hear you had such a good time while at the Club! The Spicy Shimp is one of our new items as we try to keep the menu updated and unique! Latest is our new Big Game Club Ale which is also a hit!!!
Sarasot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We did the Living Social Deal that offered the Baleria shuttle leaving Miami Friday morning staying at BBC and returning Sunday evening.

The boat ride over was the "vomit comet". North winds made it so rough it was horrible! Many, many people got sick. Finally arrived and it took another 40 minutes to get our bags and get off the boat.

Arrived at the Big Game Club and was met with cool AC, friendly staff, and complementary punch. Once we got our room (101) which was clean, big, and the patio was right off the pool and tiki bar.

Be aware of the restaurant. Patience is needed (all around the island). We call it Bimini Time. The portions are HUGE. You can easily share a meal (I had the seafood sampler $19 and it was good) and there is 18% ALWAYS added on food and drinks.

A MUST:::: The Shark Tank was FANTASTIC!! Words cannot describe this. We had 6 sharks in a feeding frenzy inches from our faces. Amazing smaller fish, a barracuda, and a big stingray (briefly) were also there.

I will be back here for sure!! Staff was friendly, helpful, and honest. Rooms were big, clean, and welcoming. The pool was clean and well kept and there were a few hammocks in the shade.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Sherry K
Hi Sherry,

We're glad you had a great time at the Big Game Club. Our food is all made to order so we don't pre-make anything to ensure quality and appreciate you patience and hope you enjoyed the variety of menu items!!! The Bimini Bull Run is a hit and we're happy you had the chance to experience the Bull Sharks up close!!! We look forward to seeing you again at the resort and in Bimini!!!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place has a great potential. Located in a small island, beaches are probably one of the best, with crystaline water a very few people. But service is far from good. Being an island with few places to stay, eat and have drinks, I was expecting much more from this place. Had dinner and lunch at the hotel and the service was really bad, food took more than 30 mins to arrive (from just a cheeseburger to pasta), and waitresses sometimes didn't attend you for more than half an hour. If you dind't go inside to call them, you could have wait hours. Sometimes they were outside serving a table and they didn't even look around to see if someone from another table needed something. Also lot of stuff was unavailable to order.
This place could be a great hotel, you need to improve the service!
Also a note on the shark cage, that was really cool!

2 Thank Niscolas
We apologize for your disappointment in our service in the Bar & Grill. We strive for a positive experience to keep everyone coming back! We also make our food to order to ensure quality but may take longer than normal and as I did not see a comment about the quality, I hope it was to your satisfaction. We hope your next trip to the Big Game Club is more favorable and that our constant training shows in the staff service levels!!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

After spending another week in Bimini, we've come to the conclusion that Bimini Big Game Club just keeps getting batter and better. The accommodations, food & drinks are all top notch. Highly recommended and we plan return again soon! Check out the Bull Shark cage for a different experience while you are there.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

my husband and I decided to spend our 10th wedding anniversary at the resort, having many friends tell us how beautiful Bimini was. in my request for reservations I requested a room with a king size bed and a view of the marina. on confirmation of my booking I was asked if there was any thing special that I would like during my stay, so I sent an email back requesting a small cake for Friday evening as we would be eating at the resort restaurant. We called the hotel prior to leaving to get information on renting a golf cart and we were given the name and phone number of :Rick" whom we called as we wanted to be sure that we had transportation on arrival as I am physically challenged. Rick did not meet us at the ferry, and did mot answer when we called his cell phone, so we had to take a taxi to the hotel. When we checked in we were advised that none of the standard rooms had a view f the Marina. and we were assigned a room that was a good distance away from the reception (109) upon entering the room I saw that it had two beds, so I immediately called the front desk who transferred me to reservations, the person who answered said that she would check and call me back n five minutes. In the meantime my husband went back to reception and they reassigned us to room 103, they also got in touch with Rick. Shortly after getting in to the new room "Rick's " assistance arrived and we got our golf Cart. (this broke down twice during our stay, and we had difficultly in reaching Rick)
On Friday afternoon I was speaking to the Pool bar tender "Hewy" who was very friendly and helpful. he introduced my husband to Mr. Michael Weber the general manager. Later that evening we were seated in the restaurant and Mr. Weber came over and apologized for the inconveniences and graciously bought our anniversary dinner including sending over a choice of two deserts.
We found all of the Resort staff to be very friendly and helpful.
This resort is not handicapped friendly.
If you enjoy Fishing, Diving, or snorkeling this is a great place to stay, as far as sightseeing, other than the resort not much to see.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 25ValerieG25
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

First time to Bimini!!!!!

First time it Bimini Big Game Club!!!!!!

First time Shark Diving!!!!!

A Must do

Listen, I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star resorts where you can get pampered with anything you like but none match the experience my family and I had at the BBGC. I have read about the BBGC in Magazines and Fred Waitzan's book "The Last Marlin" and even heard the stories from my wife's uncle Rick, who has been traveling to Bimini since the 50's in the Coast guard. I wasn't sure what to expect. When we got there, I was blown away by the color of the water. Simply breath taking. We checked into the BBGC and were greater by Mike Weber, GM of the club. Mike has brought in a great team to make sure the grounds are beautiful, food is fresh and delicious and adults and kids has something to do at all times.

He has gone outside of the box and even brought in a team to take people Bull Shark diving in a cage. We were skeptical at first to go into the tank but the crew takes their job very seriously and I can't imagine anything happening to anyone that takes on this amazing shark dive. The sharks are incredible.

So to all that are looking for a wonderful getaway, think about Bimini Bahamas and the Bimini Big Game Club.

Hats off to Mike and his team and hope to see you guys real soon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#6 of 23 in Andros

Been to Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!