My husband and I met my sister and her husband at VIM for a 5 night stay starting on Nov. 8th. All flights went smoothly and our transfer arrived on time and dropped us off at VIM around 5pm.
CHECK IN: we were greeted with sparkling wine and escorted to the lobby for check in. We had reserved Standard Deluxe Suites but were upgraded to Silver Suites on the floor, which was nice. Erick at the front desk made check in pleasant and painless.
ROOMS: We were taken by golf cart to our rooms (Building #1). I thought I would not like the location, but to be honest by the second day I preferred it over any other bldg. location. The rooms were both made up with swan towels with rose petals and a bucket of sparkling wine with an engraved note welcoming us to the resort. The rooms were spacious, tastefully decorated and VERY clean. The bed was so comfortable, and if you did not like the pillows supplied, you could request a pillow menu and order different ones.
FOOD: First night we arrived was the Mexican Fiesta Night which we decided to attend. Fabulous buffet of authentic mexican cuisine, everything was so yummy! You have to try the mexican coffee served at the fiesta and the flavored tequilas (cherry, chili pepper, cinnamon..etc) very tasty! They have a show with dancers and mariachis that was really good. I think they do this Fiesta once a week, so if you are there I would encourage you not to miss it. It was one of our favorite nights. The next night we ate at Lobster Pot/Steakhouse, we ordered a little from both sides ,they are in same building by the beach. All four of us agreed, this was the worst meal we had during our stay. Since we booked before July 15th, we did not have to pay an upcharge for our lobster. This did not make it any more palatable. Everything tasted precook, rewarmed, very salty and chewy. If you do go to the Lobster Pot, avoid the lobster, especially if you are paying for it. As for the steakhouse (Tierra), we ordered 3 different steaks and all three were not very good. If you want a steak, you HAVE to try the New York at the Indonesian (can't recall name at the moment). This was by far, my favorite place to eat. The riblets as an appetizer and the New York steak for dinner and the Chai ice cream for dessert, my absolute favorite meal.Third night we came back late from Xplore and didnt want to miss the show so we just had appetizers at Ginger (japanese) and drinks, which were very good. Our waiter knew we were in a hurry to get to the show and got us our food quickly. After the show we came back to Ginger to see if we could get a hibachi table because we were still hungry. Again, another fantastic dining experience. It was late (10pm) but we had a full table of lively guests from all over the world. The sea bass was my favorite here, also try the sushi sample plate, very good. The next night was Indonesian, which you already know was fabulous. The last night I was under the weather and we ordered room service, philly cheese steak...edible, but would have rather went out to french or mexican, which we missed. Sister had Mexican that night and loved it. We had breakfasts at the buffet and lunches by the pool, both were very good.
POOL/BEACH: Amazing is an understatement! The pool is huge with two swim up bars, plenty of space so you never feel crowded. The resort was at 97% so they had activites going on at both ends of the pool and the beach. What was great is that you could find a quiet place to chill out and read a book or participate in any of the several activities going on. We spent most of our time at the swimup bar nearest the beach (quieter end) which made for some fun afternoons (thanks Ramon!). The beach was red flagged for swimming everyday we were there, but we ventured in and did some body surfing (so fun!). None of us were wore water shoes and never felt the need to, sand was soft and felt great between the toes.
SHOWS/NIGHTLIFE: During our stay we saw: The Mexican Fiesta, The Michael Jackson Show, The Mayan Show and a some of the International Show. All were very entertaining. The band and DJ in the Plaza every night were fabulous. We danced and had a blast almost every night.
GROUNDS: Yes, the grounds are massive, but they are so beautiful, I found myself wanting to take walks all during the day just to take it all in. My advice would be to walk the entire resort in the daylight once you have arrived. Get a feel of were everything is so when you are out at night, it's not so confusing getting around the dim lit walkways.
5 nights was not enough, I would book 7 or more next time we go, and we definately will be going again. Pleas feel free to send me a message if you have any questions. I will post pictures shortly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya Mexico