We were never bored at this motel, each day you get an itenerary of things you can participate in, which is great if thats what your into. However, thats not what our plans were. Our main goal for vacation was sitting on the beach and if thats what you have in mind....this is NOT the place you want to go. First you have to walk a ridiculous amount to go anywhere you want, and once you do get to the beach it's horrible. I'm from River Country and the rocks on this beach were as big as the ones in our rivers. There is basically no sand near the motel's beach, instead you have to walk about 1/4 of a mile down the beach to see any decent sand. Also, the ENTIRE time we were there it was 'Red Flagged' meaning the ocean would beat the crap out of you if you went into it.
The food was good, and the rooms were nice. Again, if you looking for an ocean view, not the place to go, the beach is pretty far away.
The pools were amazing and the staff was excellent. If you visit the Beach Bar make sure you grab a Coco Loco! The nightlife was fantastic, karaoke, dancing, you can really let yourself loose here. Don't forget room service! It's included in your price and well worth ordering! Also, there's a pillow menu so if you forget your pillow at home or your picky like me, just pick up the phone and order a different one. Defintely book a trip to Playa Del Carmen for the shopping! Make sure you bring lots of 1$ bills.Overall it was a nice vacation, but we won't be going back to this resort with so many others to choose from.
If your booking online make sure you do NOT use ORBITZ or GRAYLINE (transportation). They left us stranded at the airport and then refused to give us our money back for the cab we had to take to the motel. Orbitz does not care about their customers once they get their money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya Mexico