Just returned from an amazing 5 day stay at the Valentin Imperial Maya. I traveled there with my wife and our only complaint is that we did not book a longer stay! First off, this is our first trip to an AI beach resort so we really have no other experience to compare it to.....but, I couldn't imagine any resort, anywhere else, being much better. I consulted Trip Advisor for several weeks prior to booking and felt I had a good idea about what to expect. However, this place FAR exceeded my expectations.
I'll try not to repeat things already stated by other reviewers (like the wet towel and sparkling wine upon arrival) but will just focus on the items that made our experience exceptional:
GROUNDS - Always kept in immaculate condition. Clean, beautiful, and well landscaped. Did not see even a single piece of trash anywhere on the ground. Groups of grounds-keepers were always around, every day, making sure the place stayed in pristine condition. The resort is big and there is some walking required, but as long as you are not injured or have a physical disability, there is no reason you should be concerned about the distance. The longest distance you will have to walk will be from the beach to the restaurants. You can easily cover that in ten minutes, and in case you do get tired, you pass by several bars along the way. Just stop for a drink and rest!
ROOM - Very nice and clean. We had a Junior Silver Suite and was plenty of room for the two of us. Mini bar was restocked daily. I left a note our second day requesting water and Dos Equis only (The other beer option for your room is Tecate Light....Dos Equis is light enough for us!) in the mini bar and our request was granted every day. We even got a call from the service staff on the third day asking if our mini bar was restocked to our liking! The maid came every day and the room was always spotless. She even folded some of my wife's clothes which my wife had left on the couch. We tipped our maid $4 every day. Turn-down service came every night except one. No problems at all with the AC. We kept the thermostat between 67 and 69 and the room was always every bit that cold. I don't know what some of these other people writing bad reviews about the AC are doing wrong, but we had no problem with it. Tip: If either the door or the sliding balcony door are not shut all the way, the AC will turn off. As long as both doors are shut, there should be no problems.
BEACH - Beautiful. White sand, easy to walk on. You can walk the entire stretch of beach getting ankle deep in the water but are only allowed to swim in 1/3 of it due to reef, rocks and lifeguard station location. This swim-able portion is sufficient and accessible from any where on the beach. There are plenty of beach chairs but a beach chair under a palaypa is hard to come by. We usually got to the beach around noon and had to sit in the sun for a few hours before a palaypa became available. Be sure you bring lots of sunscreen and reapply often! Now for the best part.....the beach bar! There were servers on the beach taking drink orders that made their rounds every 30 minutes or so, but for faster service just walk to the beach bar. Juvenal and Roberto were our bartenders and they took very good care of us. They were polite, friendly, always smiling and eager to please! Juvenal even greeted us by name and they all wanted to ensure we were enjoying ourselves.
POOL - Big, clean and nice. We spent 4 of our 5 days on the beach so we spent very little time at the pool. We did get in a few times and grab a drink at the swim-up bar, we thought what little time we did spend there to be fun.
RESTAURANTS - Lots to choose from. We ate at all except for the Mexican and Indonesian. Never had a bad meal and the service was always great! The French restaurant was our favorite and the sushi at the Japanese restaurant was good as well. After the beach, nap, in-room activities and a shower, we typically didn't make it out for dinner till 9 and we never waited for a table.
After mentioning all of the above, the one thing that made this resort so great was the service. Every single person on the resort staff....from the reception staff, to the food/drink servers, to the grounds-keepers seemed like they were there to do everything they could to make our stay more enjoyable. We usually tipped $1 or $2 every other drink, $4 each day for the maid, and $5 for our dinner service. There were a few days we also tipped an extra $5 at the end of the day at the beach bar. My wife and I feel the tipping was very appropriate and very well deserved by the hard working staff.
We are already looking forward to our next trip to Valentin. We hope to see Juvenal and Roberto again when we return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico