My Husand and I traveled to the Valentin June 8-15 for our Honeymoon and I have to say it was everything we expected and more. I have no idea how people can say anything bad about this resort. We arrived around 9:00a.m. at the resort and check in was super easy and fast. Because we were on our honeymoon they upgraded our room to a swim up sweet for free. It was so worth the upgrade we stayed in building 7 which was very nice and close to everything. Not only did we have a pool out our back patio, but the bar was right there also. Just can't go wrong with that. The room had tons of space and the bed was so comfortablt. It was a little humid in the room, but what do you expect when your on the ocean. The weather was awsome and very hot.
The food was top notch along with the alcohol. The Riveria Maya was my faviorte drink, try it if you like fruity drinks. We loved the breakfast buffet there is everything you can imagine for breakfast. We liked all the resturaunts and the dress code was no problems at all. We were even able to watch the Red Wings in the play offs which was awsome. The entertainment at night was fun. A live band under the stars was very romantic. We went to the Michael Jackson show and it was amazing. It was almost scary how much the guy resembled Michael.
The ocean was gorgious and warm. You were able to swim in the ocean however it was rough. I found that to be fun, but you did get tired quickly. We didn't find it to be very rocky either like other reviews say it is. We never had a problem finding shade or getting a drink. They wait on you hand and foot. We did tip about $1.00 to everyone for serving us drinks. We tipped $2.00 to our maid everyday also. Please tip these people work so hard an they are so nice.
I could go on an on about this resort. We loved it so much we are considering going back in January. It was everything we wanted for our honeymoon, romantic, relaxing and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico