A quick few comments as I found that many of the more recent reviews are very detailed, fair and accurate based on our experiences... see the Feb 14'09 review by "time4usnow". Resort was 92% full at our visit and one year old. It appears that they have worked there way through a lot of the kinks mentioned in 2008 reviews.
We had a fantastic week ending Feb 19. Resort is new and truly gorgeous. Path lighting at night could be intensified for better visibility and safety (a legitimate concern). Bring a small, handheld halogen if you are worried. Resort is large, walking is needed but the paths are interlock/composite decking and flat and accessible. It is only exercise... elevators avalable in buildings if required.
To help you with Room requests/selection - Buildings 1and 2 and 3 are near main entrance (close to Marche Buffet and 4 restaurants and bars; reasonable distance to main pool and the furthest from the Beach and its restaurants and bars) Buildings 4 and 5 are the most central (close to main pool and bars; reasonable distance to Marche Buffet, entrance and services and Beach aera) Oceanview rooms are in the 3 buildings along the beach but unless you are the type to stay in your room a significant amount of time...I'm unsure how you benefit from the added expense...as has been said in many reviews the well naturalized nature of the beach plantings occlude much of the view. Swimup rooms are in 3 buildings around a pool and a lagoon. These rooms are the furthest from any of the services and amenities.
Room was the standard Deluxe Junior Suite in Building 4. Very central...excellent location. No issues of any kind with the room. Maid service was of good quality-unpredictable as to timing (a card in the room suggested we could register a preferred time for cleaning which we did...it was't met... but in all fairness it would really only matter if you were in your room a lot during the day or had a very tight schedule... but your at a vacation resort, right?)
Food is fantastic.
Kitchens and bars are spotless as compared to other resorts (ie: no bugs/bees/wasps at beach bars etc) which is my priority as far as food quality goes. Tastes are individual.
Best All-inclusive breakfast buffet we have experienced in many AI stays in Mexico and the Caribbean.
Best beach lunch at Mar including fresh grilled scallops, fish, steak every day! Incredible Paella and risottos. Unending tortillas with fresh guacamole and salsa. Unbelievable!
Evening dining is great - lots of a la carte choices. Our Favourites - La Hacienda and Ginger (both for a la carte and Tepanyaki tables). Lobster Pot for the giant prawns flambeed in Vodka. Also well designed with lots of outdoor patios and tables throughout the resort. A/C restaurants available too.
Beach - a great beach... like everything else there are characteristics that some like and others don't. It is easy to walk on, surf is big and so is the breeze... and unfortunately you do have to get up at 6am to put a book/towel on a lounge under a palapa if you want shade. Since most North Americans need shade at least part of a day on the beach- more palapas would be a welcome improvement.
Spa - visit the Spa for a complete price list. Excellent massages were a great quality - fair value for a resort. Facial and body scrub were excellent. Quality products used.
This resort is well worth visiting... a central location on Mayan Riviera puts the Airport 30 minutes away and Playa del Carmen 15 minutes to the south. A great concierge desk...their trip prices are fair. Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico