My wife and I visited the Valentin Imperial Maya from July 12 - July 19. This was our 6th trip to all-inclusives in Mexico and our first to the V.I.M. We traveled with another couple and this was their 3rd trip to all-inclusives in Mexico. We were looking for a resort that was adult only due to our experiences at the other resorts with children. This resort is "beautiful" and the best we have vacationed at.
The beach is beautiful, very wide with plenty of beach lounger chairs for everyone. The Caribbean is aqua blue with 2 to 4 foot waves and very little sea weed. The pool is large with 2 pool swim up bars, one on the quiet, relaxed adult side the other on the "spring break/party side". We spent most of our time at the pool on the "spring break side" and met people from all over the United States. Lounger chairs at the pool were very scarce after 2:00 pm and pool rafts were always in use. Bring your own raft if you want to float in the pool in the after 2:00 pm. The bartenders work very hard at both pool bars and take some $1's and tip them, they earn it. If you don't want to go to a restaurant for lunch, at the pool between 11:30 and 2:30 there is a grill set up serving chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken wings and other foods depending on the day. The "Go" team had various activities going on at the pool on the "spring break" side during the mid afternoon.
We stayed in bulidling #1 and had a silver junior suite on the 3rd floor. Building #1 is located near the pool and lobby/restaurants and a short walk to the beach. We liked the location because of the closeness to everything. The room was large with a king size bed and very clean. We had towel animals with each evening's turn down service that was a very nice touch. The refrigerator was always stalked with beer, coke products, water and fruit juice.
We went to dinner everynight between 6:00 and 6:30 and never had to wait to be seated. We ate at all of the restaurants and the food and service was excellent. My wife has food allergies to mushrooms, shellfish and sea food and did not have a problem at any of the restaurants finding food on the menu that would not cause an allergic reaction. The managers of the restaurants went above and beyond with there service to accommadate her allergy issues. We ate breakfast at Le Marche each morning and the manager Alexjandro was very helpful and accommodating. Executive Chef Angel was also very hepful and accommodating during our stay. One evening we ate at the Japanese restaurant and made reservations for a table show, the meal and the show was excellent. All of our meals were the best we had, compared to the other resorts we had stayed at in Mexico and the service we top notch.
The bartenders at the bars were very effecient and work very hard and always thank you when yot tipped them. All of the bars have premimum alcohol but you must ask for it if you want it in you drink. Visit the piano bar and say "hola" to Antonio, he makes the best mojioto in Mexico.
Overall the Valentin Imperial Maya is a 5 star resort and we will be returning in the near future because of how we were treated - "top notch."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico