This was our first time staying at VIM and I have to say it was the trip of a lifetime for us. Our travel agent suggested it and we are so glad she did. We arrived on June 28 & departed on July 4th. When we walked into the main lobby building we couldn't believe our eyes it was absolutely magnificient. Upon our arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne and treated like royalty throughout the entire trip. The staff are the friendliest we've ever experienced & we definitely plan to return sooner rather than later!
The food was so tasty. My only regret is I didn't have a chance to try all of them. We did go to the Italian restaurant which was so beautiful, elegant and tasty. We also went to Hibachi and loved it! All the buffets were ample, however, La Hacienda has an air conditioned room that you can eat in if you want to get out of the heat. Room service was prompt and the food was scrumptious and again we were treated like royalty by room service staff.
The entertainment was so much fun. We took a salsa dancing class and I took a cooking class and thoroughly enjoyed it! Everyday you get a list of the daily activities which is very helpful. Music at La Plaza every night was so enjoyable. I do suggest if it is extremely hot out to step into the Don Miguel lounge for a beautiful, refreshing & cool spot to hang out. Try a Don Julio® Reposado Tequila shot, you won't regret it! This resort is 500 acres so prepare to walk alot and enjoy the beautifully manicured grounds, the sights and sounds, as well as, the iguanas, coati's, and exotic birds.
We were in Bldg. 3 so we were close to everything. We stayed in Silver Jr. Suite, 2nd Floor, room 2214 and the room was exquisite. Next time we will request 3rd floor due to the noise level. It sounded like the people above us were moving furniture or doing construction all night. Make sure to use your do not disturb door hanger or the staff will be knocking on your door to assist you about every half hour to an hour (they are so eager to please). The mini fridge is always full of Dos Equis, Coors Light, soft drinks, juice and water. If you run out of your drink of choice, a quick phone call and they bring you more of whatever you request. Also, keep in mind this is an adult only resort so you do get the adult channels on your t.v. for free. I did miss the ocean view and being able to wake up and see the water from your balcony, you have to walk to see it. In saying that, the resort itself and everything it offers more than makes up for not being able to see the ocean.
Antonio, at the beach bar made the best margaritas I've ever tasted, make sure you look for him! We spent the majority of our time in the pool, which is one of the most beautiful we've ever seen. There is a quiet side and a loud side so you pick where you want to hang out. Take your own big mug and they will fill it up with ice, bottled water, alcohol, whatever you desire. Get there early for a floaty or wait and someone will eventually offer you theirs. I did see some people brought their own floaties & we may try that next trip but we never had a problem getting one at some point while hanging at the pool. The chairs are plentiful. Food is always being prepared around lunch time at the pool bars and the tacos were some of the best we've ever had! The two swim up pool bars close at 5pm so the pool clears out about that time, however, the beach bars stay open until 11pm. They serve soft serve at the beach bar during the hot afternoon hours.
The beach was absolutely immaculate and we spent one whole day laying under a cabana enjoying the ocean sights and sounds. We also sat at the edge of the beach bar and enjoyed the ocean view for hours.... Get up early one day, walk down to the beach to enjoy the sunrise, you won't regreat it! Cannot see the sunset from the beach but sitting on the beach in the evening is relaxing. We spent our entire 7 days at the resort and enjoyed every minute of it. We met some of the most incredible people during our trip.
I want to say thank you to the staff at this resort because they made our 2nd honeymoon everything we could have wanted and more. We hope to see you all again very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya Mexico