Ok so first off....all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor about this place are accurate. This is a near perfect all inclusive resort in every way!! This is the reason my wife and I booked the place to begin with.
We are also regular All Inclusive vacationers and always seem to compare every other place we visit to Sandals. We go away at least once a year and have been to several Sandals resorts and have yet to find anything even close....until now that is (and without the expensive Sandals prices).
-The tropical grounds were immaculate. The place is huge and I still got lost 4 days into the trip but we enjoyed the walking. Even though the place was almost full it never once felt crowded. We never waited more the a couple minutes for our drinks and always got right in for dinners.
-Pools were clean and huge (biggest I have ever seen).
-Never had a problem finding pool chairs or towels.
-Every single member of the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
-The food was very good. We ate at the Japanese, Indonesian, Mexican and Italian. All were great and we loved the fact that you didn't need reservations.
Rooms service was also delivered quickly and was always delicious. Tip: pre order breakfast the night before every night. It was awesome having breakfast in bed every day.
-Drinks were top shelf.
-Beach was beautiful and we loved the bar right on the beach.
-Rooms were gorgeous. We got the Golden Junior suite overlooking the lazy river pool. This upgrade was not necessary as we rarely went in that pool at all because it was dead. Literally there was no more then 2 or 3 people in that pool at any given time.
We would have been just fine with the regular or Silver suites.
-The clientele was just right! We are 41 and 37. The crowd was between there 30s and 50s.
A few 20 something's and a few older folks but most were right around our age. We found plenty of people to party with at our pace but it wasn't at all a crazy spring break seen.
-Lastly the prices were very reasonable and is only about a 20 minutes from the airport.
The Bad: (which weren't even bad enough for me to lower my 5 star rating but still worth mentioning)
-The pool bars closed at 5:00. This made no sense to us or anyone else we talked to. I wished they had stayed open until 6 or 7.
It was a major buzz kill every day when they closed.
-There were only buffet options for lunch. I absolutely hate buffets so this was particularly annoying.
Plus....you could not order pool side food. Even the really crappy all inclusives we have been to had pool side food service or a pool side "lunch shack".
They would do minor grilling a couple of hours a day by the pool but it was always just hamburgers and hot dogs with no sides.
I know it sounds minor but I do enjoy a good lunch so this was disappointing.
One day my wife went to the buffet and made a plate to bring to the pool and they would not let her leave the restaurant with it (they said for sanitary reasons).
So....she had to go to our room, order room service and then bring that food back to the pool!!
-Lastly, you could only get a cappuccino or coffee "to go"at the front lobby bar. They made a killer cappuccino but that was a long walk to just get a coffee.
We never went in the ocean, watched any of the shows or did any excursions so I can't comment on those areas.
We just got back today and did not want to leave. We enjoy exploring new places every trip and never usually go to the same place twice but we would definitely come back to VIM. I would say this was the best All Inclusive resort I have ever been to! You will not regret coming here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya Mexico