“Fantastic Resort!!”

Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Ok so first off....all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor about this place are accurate. This is a near perfect all inclusive resort in every way!! This is the reason my wife and I booked the place to begin with.
We are also regular All Inclusive vacationers and always seem to compare every other place we visit to Sandals. We go away at least once a year and have been to several Sandals resorts and have yet to find anything even close....until now that is (and without the expensive Sandals prices).

The Good:
-The tropical grounds were immaculate. The place is huge and I still got lost 4 days into the trip but we enjoyed the walking. Even though the place was almost full it never once felt crowded. We never waited more the a couple minutes for our drinks and always got right in for dinners.
-Pools were clean and huge (biggest I have ever seen).
-Never had a problem finding pool chairs or towels.
-Every single member of the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
-The food was very good. We ate at the Japanese, Indonesian, Mexican and Italian. All were great and we loved the fact that you didn't need reservations.
Rooms service was also delivered quickly and was always delicious. Tip: pre order breakfast the night before every night. It was awesome having breakfast in bed every day.
-Drinks were top shelf.
-Beach was beautiful and we loved the bar right on the beach.
-Rooms were gorgeous. We got the Golden Junior suite overlooking the lazy river pool. This upgrade was not necessary as we rarely went in that pool at all because it was dead. Literally there was no more then 2 or 3 people in that pool at any given time.
We would have been just fine with the regular or Silver suites.
-The clientele was just right! We are 41 and 37. The crowd was between there 30s and 50s.
A few 20 something's and a few older folks but most were right around our age. We found plenty of people to party with at our pace but it wasn't at all a crazy spring break seen.
-Lastly the prices were very reasonable and is only about a 20 minutes from the airport.

The Bad: (which weren't even bad enough for me to lower my 5 star rating but still worth mentioning)

-The pool bars closed at 5:00. This made no sense to us or anyone else we talked to. I wished they had stayed open until 6 or 7.
It was a major buzz kill every day when they closed.
-There were only buffet options for lunch. I absolutely hate buffets so this was particularly annoying.
Plus....you could not order pool side food. Even the really crappy all inclusives we have been to had pool side food service or a pool side "lunch shack".
They would do minor grilling a couple of hours a day by the pool but it was always just hamburgers and hot dogs with no sides.
I know it sounds minor but I do enjoy a good lunch so this was disappointing.
One day my wife went to the buffet and made a plate to bring to the pool and they would not let her leave the restaurant with it (they said for sanitary reasons).
So....she had to go to our room, order room service and then bring that food back to the pool!!
-Lastly, you could only get a cappuccino or coffee "to go"at the front lobby bar. They made a killer cappuccino but that was a long walk to just get a coffee.

We never went in the ocean, watched any of the shows or did any excursions so I can't comment on those areas.

We just got back today and did not want to leave. We enjoy exploring new places every trip and never usually go to the same place twice but we would definitely come back to VIM. I would say this was the best All Inclusive resort I have ever been to! You will not regret coming here!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank kbmoves
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear VIM guests from New Jersey ,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences with future travelers, we enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy you had a great vacation at VIM.

We also took good note of your observations regarding the lunch options with the appropriate department in order to take the corrective measures in the future.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for the 3nd time to spoil you and make you feel at home again.

Please contact us prior to your next visit so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Thank you so much!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,268)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

First trip to Mayan Riviera and was just blown away by the Valentin. I have never felt so pampered in my life! Guest service was their #1 priority and you could certainly tell. Many businesses could learn a lot from their customer service. Rooms and property were spotless, meals were amazing and the entertainment every night was very enjoyable. You have definitely made me a "lifer". I will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in an emerald junior suite along the beach. It was nice to sit on the patio and listen to...
1  Thank Dee T
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Dee from Thunder Bay, Canadá ,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We would like to express our deepest gratitude for your feedback and for the kind words about our staff.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort once again and are looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 30 year anniversary from April 11-17, 2014 at the Valentin Imperial Maya. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location! From the time we arrived at the resort until we left, everything was perfect. We loved that it was an adults-only resort as that made it a very relaxing vacation. We stayed in Building 5 on the ground floor and loved it. It was close to the main pool, the beach, and the restaurants. We had a junior-deluxe suite which was perfect for us. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We loved the Mexican restaurant, as well as the Italian restaurant. A couple of nights we even ordered room service and I must say, the food was hot and delicious both times. Even thought the resort is all-inclusive, we did tip our servers, housekeeping, etc. I feel that the service they provide at this resort was well worth a little extra. We have already recommended this resort to friends and plan to return there ourselves. One thing we would definitely add in next time is the privilege package. Having the reserved seating at the beach or pool would be well worth it. There were several days that we would get to the pool and not be able to get a chair as towels were "holding" places for those who chose to get up early and put their towels out. This makes no sense to me, but people will do it even if they never spend time there. Overall, this trip was probably the most relaxing vacation we have ever had. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 5 - ground floor, corner room and it was perfect.
5  Thank contor

Dear recent VIM Guests ,

Thank you very much for staying in the Valentin Imperial Maya and taking the time to write your positive impressions and your suggestions.

It is a pleasure to know that you had the wonderful vaction that you expected. The VIM team works every day to provide to all of our guests an excellent service.

It honors us to receive such a compliment and encourages us to continue exceeding our clients’ expectations.

We took also good note of your comment regarding the towel and would like to confirm that we are still working very hard with our all executive team to find the fairest solution but as long as there are selfish people , the problem would not be completely eradicated.

Looking forward to serve you in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

First all inclusive trip to Mexico. Valentin property was very nice, well groomed and kept. First impressions are everything. Food was excellent, with breakfast, brunch and lunch options buffet style. Restraunts and bars great with a couple different night entertainment options. Staff was fantastic. Love the friendly Mexican folks. Only flaws that arent enough to have me drop my rating below a 4 are this. 1. The Deluxe Junior Suite Roon which was well laid out, tiled floors, 2 tables, air conditioned, mini bar, roomy shower, jacuzi tub etc all nice. But it came with a Phillips tube style televison. Come on Valentin! LCD's are dirt cheap, way better picture and i believe options to remove the closed caption spanish from the screen when watching the few english channels and programs. 2. The couch in the room did not allow the television to be viewed in bed while laying down. I would not take a ground floor room again as room above could hear heavy walking and anything dropped on the floor from above sounded like a boulder. 3. My biggest complaint. You could get free house wine at bars, while dining. But not in the room. Truly disappointed as my wife is primarily a white wine drinker. And since most responsible couples that go to all inclusive adult only resorts arent costing you money on the booze front. You really do need to include 3 0r 4 white wine/red wine options for the room mini bar. For the price. I would have expected some free wine options with a Deluxe Suite. Particularily when for more money for the Emerald Suite you throw in entire bottles of Baileys, Crown Royal, Champagne etc. Other then those few inequities. Impressed!

Room Tip: We were in building 4 and a ground floor room. It was handy and never felt uncomfortable security wi...
2  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert from Southampton, Canadá ,

We really want to thank you for the positive impressions and the suggestions you have published on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Valentin Imperial Maya.

It is really important to us to receive positive feedback as yours, and we are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations

We also have carefully reviewed the information you mentioned above and regarding the televison & house wine , we have taken your observations up with our executive team in order to improve that service.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to be able to welcome you back very soon .

warm regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the VIM April 6th to 13th. It was our 2nd visit to this fabulous resort. I was so sad to leave and can't wait to return. From the moment we pulled in to when we left we felt like family.

Our check in was excellent. We were early so had lunch and went to the beach before going back to see if your room was ready. It was and we were escorted to a golf cart and taken to our room in building 4 on the 3rd floor King room, just as we requested. Thank you VIM!

We ate at all of the restaurants during our week. We loved them all. The service was FANTASTIC! The food was excellent. We love all of them. We never had to wait. We at around 6:30 to 6:45 PM. One night we went at 7:45PM as we were on an excursion. Again, no wait whatsoever!!

Buffets for breakfast and lunch were very good with lots of variety. The staff were excellent! The even bring you another drink at lunch just because they think you might like another! We felt so spoiled. We always ate by the beach for lunch in the open air.

We are beach people and spend most of the day at the beach and went up to the pool for a quick dip. The beach is amazing. We never had any trouble getting a palapa. There seemed to be plenty. The swimming was very waving on a few days to moderately wavy on others. All in all it was fun swimming and jumping in the waves. The beach is beautiful and there are no rocks in the roped off swimming section. Also, the beach servers bring you drinks and were fantastic.

We spent one day at the lazy river pool and it was very relaxing and we had no trouble getting shade or drinks when we wanted them.

We went on one excursion with Alltournative and they are awesome. Smaller groups (we had 8 on our bus) and amazing tour guide and tour. We did mayan village, zip lines, centote, repelling, kayakaing and Coba. Wonderful tour and not tourist tacky!

During the evening we especially enjoyed the Imperial band and were up dancing most of the time. We did go to any shows as we've seen that type of thing before.

We went to Don Miguel bar most nights for a fancy Mayan coffee or Bailey's on the rocks. Service was superb and we never waited. We never waited at any bar and you can order whatever you want.

All in all this is a wonderful resort we superb staff that treat you like gold. I can't wait to return. We will be back. Thank you again all the wonderful staff at VIM!!!

Room Tip: Building 4 has the Deluxe Junior Suites. It is a wonderful central location. We loved the third fl...
4  Thank HamptonNB12
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear HamptonNB12,

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy to hear that time after time , the efforts and dedication of our staff made such a positive impact on your vacation; it is an honor that you choose to keep returning to the Valentin Imperial Maya.

We look forward to serving you for your 3rd visit.

Do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed at this resort the other year for 10 days, loved everything about it so much we just booked another 10 days for this year. Food was good, even and especially the choices for the lunch buffet and breakfast. Hibachi was our favorite, very good and fun staff. We stayed in golden junior suite, was a bit bigger then standard room, nice, clean, comfortable bed, huge shower, and used the in suite jacuzzi tub several times (no problem with hot water either).
Staff was nice and we were quickly served no matter where we went, especially liked the service in the sports bar. They put out hot snacks later on in the evenings and we shot pool and drank while enjoying them (nice touch Valentin). They decorated room for husbands birthday and left him a little cake and a bottle of champagne.
Pool was HUGE!! Had 2 swim up bars and plenty of room for everyone..Only complaint was that there was no music playing at the pool all day, only when they the entertainment staff came out to do stuff, then it was turned off again..Several guests were also disappointed by this...can't wait to go back this fall!!!

Room Tip: swim up room pool was very quiet, if you like hanging with people don't bother paying extra for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mboccuzziq

Dear mboccuzziq,

In the name of all the Valentin Imperial Maya receive our most sincere appreciation for your loyalty to our resort.

Receiving words like yours, it is always the best inspiration for our work. We took also good note of your observations regarding the music at the main pool with the appropriate department in order to take the corrective measures in the future.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Kindest regards.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went to the Valentin Imperial Maya April 21st-27th 2014. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire time we visited. First of all- the grounds of this place are impeccable. Well maintained/kept at ALL times. It was just so relaxing & stunning. You feel like you are in a secluded jungle. Our room was nice. We were in building 2 bottom floor. Silver Suite. Close to lobby,restaurants,workouts/gym,pools and short walk to beach. (I requested the 3rd floor, but no rooms were available.) I liked our room, the Jacuzzi tub was heaven, however the shower had hardly any pressure when turned to the hot side. The first night I was uncomfortable, but the next morning I requested more pillows and blankets and received by that evening. My husband I both slept a lot more comfortably then. I also wished I had gotten the 3rd floor. Too much noise above. Sounded like furniture being moved around. PLUS- one major issue I found was: there is no privacy to the toilet. There is a glass door that doesn't even go all the way to the top. I find that to be kind of unromantic and weird. I wish they had that closed off. And the infamous "Towel game"...unfortunately it is played everyday, and YOU must be a player as well if u want to get a chair on the beach or pool with ANY shade. So get your bootie up EARLY and go do what everyone else ISN'T supposed to be doing EITHER.
Alrighty- that is all the negative things I have to say...now onto the FUN stuff. Amazing staff! Friendly and willing to go out of their way to make you happy. Again- grounds= AMAZING. Beach- PERFECT! White Sand and crystal turquoise waters as far as the eye can see. The waiters trudging through the sand to bring you your delicious cocktails were SO nice and they worked so hard.(Alejandro was our go-to guy. What a amazing person!) My husband & I always tipped. (I know, I know...Its an all-inclusive...you don't have to.) You don't, but in my opinion, you should. They work hard and deserve a couple bucks. Plus- it's just good Karma. The Party Pool- A Lot of action and fun. Music, mingling ect...we also like to just relax by that pool and people watch. Pretty entertaining. The more relaxing pools were nice too, just to chill out for awhile. All Pools were kept very clean. The food was incredible. Hands down GINGER was our favorite. Sushi was awesome and the hibachi was super fun and tasty as well. We also enjoyed the french restaurant. (Mario our waiter was so fun!) Le Marche was good for lunch and breakfast. We enjoyed it much more that the one closer to the beach. It was worth the walk to go up there for us. We never ate at the Indonesian restaurant, or the Mexican. The Italian "Le Olive" was a disappointment to me. The pizza was okay. It was a let down only because I love Italian food...but what ever...back to GINGER for us. Lol.
The night time entertainment was REALLY good for a resort. Our favorite hands down was the Michael Jackson show. Amazing dancing/Vibe. TIME MACHINE was fun as well. The fire show on the beach was very impressive and a fun atmosphere. The bands/singers in the plaza were calming and romantic, great for a after dinner stroll or drink.
The morning workout girl, Mezzley (sp?) was SO sweet and SO skilled. I loved her classes! So bummed she didn't have them on Sat/Sun too. The fitness/yoga/Pilates are all great. My husband enjoyed his workouts in the gym.
There is something to do every hour of the day if you want to do something...but if you want to relax and read a book or take a nap it is your vacation and your choice to do that as well in piece and quiet at a relaxed pool or on the beach.
We did a spa couples day. HIGHLY recommend it! We did the Valentin Massage 60 min + 30 min hydrating facial. It was pricey $369, but it was heavenly.
All in All this was a great place for us. I would and already HAVE recommended this resort to my family and friends. We even signed up for the Valentin Loyalty Club at check out...in hopes to return. We loved the adults only. We have children, love children, but it is so nice to hear piece and quiet at the beach and no squawking at meals. ha,ha.

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor if u can help it! Silver suites are close to most all the action. They have...
4  Thank JBBurgardt
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear recent VIM Guest from Garden City, Kansas

Thank you for the positives comments you have published on Trip Advisor about your recent vacation.

Your satisfaction is our reward; we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we are providing a good service.

We are glad to know that we exceeded most of your expectations.

The observations that you mentioned regarding “no real privacy” have been brought to the attention of the management in order to improve it for you and for future guests.

We are waiting to welcome you back for your next visit at the VIM resort.

Wishing you all the best,

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#21 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#31 of 213 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!