We had a delightful trip and very likely will plan a return some time in the future. The all inclusive facility has a natural look and feel because the buildings are not one a top another and the landscaping is beautiful. The birds/critters in the area were entertaining and not pesty.
Be prepared for a short stroll from area to area or build in time for transport. Rooms were nice (We upgraded to the Imperial Suite which is large and has a great view. Our friends upgraded too but they unfortunately had a balcony jacuzzi that did not get warm despite a visit from maintenance so it was good ours was big enough for all of us - it was disappointing that it could not be fixed or some compensation provided for their inconvenience). Our room was very clean. We missed having some liquor in the rooms especially when the bars at the pools and beach closed at 5:00 but we adapted.
Pool is huge. Beach is beautiful Lazy river is delightful but could use an additional bar or more frequent chair side service. Privileged package allows you reserve cabana type lounging at the pool or beach - instead, we took a book, found seating and settled in after breakfast which worked fine.
Meals requiring planning. Especially if you have more than one couple. Men need to wear pants to dinner (but oddly, they allowed white under shirts or biker tshirts yet turned us away for dress shirts and Bermuda shorts - you need to read the rules very closely). There is no option of a buffet for dinner so timing is critical. If you want to eat before 9:30, you need to get in line for a table between 6:30 and 7:00 and some of the restaurants will provide a beeper to let you know when your table is ready which gives you plenty of time to enjoy a cocktail. Food was good to great and service was mixed depending on restaurant, server and meal. The service ranged from ok to excellent.
All in all. Pleasant stay. 4 nights and 5 days was perfect. March 30th-April 2nd
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico