“INCREDIBLE Hotel!!”

Valentin Imperial Maya
pflugerville,tx
“INCREDIBLE Hotel!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I were at the Valentin September 23-28 2013 for our honeymoon. There is no way I will be able to explain how WONDERFUL and INCREDIBLE this place is!!! When they say 5 star, they literally mean 5 STAR! Upon check in when they found out we were on our honeymoon, they upgraded our room! We had a beach front view and a walk in hot tub in our room! The rooms are beautiful, clean, marble and tile!, robes and slippers! The grounds are kept very well and you will never see trash on the ground.
The resort is very large but if you call the front desk they will have a golf cart come pick you up. The food is impeccable! We caught fish on a chartered fishing tour and the chef at one of the restaurants cooked it for us.
The staff are so friendly and will literally get you anything you need. My husband called the front desk for candles for our balcony and we had them within minutes. Our favorites were Mario and Marco at the La Hacienda, Antonio at the beach bar and Manuel at the Mar. And if you want to do any excursions, PLEASE go see Sergio at the Dive Center by the pool, he is so wonderful!!!! Also if you call the night before for breakfast room service in the morning, just tell them the time you want it and it will be there right on time!
The beach is literally white powder sand and crystal blue water. The swimming pool is huge and is perfect! What we also loved about the resort is that it is mainly couples. There is no loud crazy partying at the pool until all hours of the night. But each night there is a band an an event. You will get a daily newspaper that tells you all of this.
We are already planning a trip back! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE VALENTIN!!

6 Thank aliciaa39
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear recent honeymooners,

First of all congratulations and thank you very much for staying in the Valentin Imperial Maya for this unforgettable occasion and taking the time to write your positive impressions.

It is great to know that you had a wonderful honeymoon at our resort. We appreciate the fact of highlight the services and the personal attention from our staff, reviews like yours, are the motivation to keep in the good job.

Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with the rest of the team, speccially with Mario, Marco, Antonio and Manuel.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,525)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wyoming
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our 14th trip to the Mayan Riviera but our first to the Vallentin. We’ve been to several resorts in the area but usually stay at the Barcelo or Palladium.

We made our reservation through Apple Vacations and used their included transfers from the Cancun airport and back. Both transfers were in small vans with only one other couple and were as nice and quick as taking a private transfer such as USA Transfers. We were at the VIM 45 minutes after our plane landed.

We arrived at the resort at about 5:00 PM on a Friday and were the only ones checking in. We reserved a Deluxe Jr. Suite but told the clerk we would be interested in paying for an upgrade to a Golden Suite, depending on the price. She just smiled and said “no”. A bellman drove us to our building, 4, and gave us very nice tour of the resort on the way. He said that the resort was about 70% full and several buildings were closed because of low occupancy.

Room: Our room was very nice - large with a separate Jacuzzi tub and shower. We requested and received two beds – they were as comfortable as any we’ve had in Mexico. However, the bed linens were very worn with some rips and holes. Air conditioning worked well. Our balcony was huge with a view of trees – we never used it, primarily because it was not at all private. Our shower leaked under the door every time we used it so we placed towels on the floor to soak up the water. We had two bathrobes in the closet but they were for children or exceptionally small people – we couldn’t use them. We had two beach towels in our room which we exchanged every day at the Dive Shop – we were told that the resort no longer had towel cards. Housekeeping was usually very good but inconsistent. Our room was always made up when we got back between 4 and 5. On the first two days, we had towel animals and rose petals on the bed but not after that. And on the first two nights, we had evening housekeeping service where the towels were replaced and the beds turned down – but not after that. Tipping did not seem to make a difference. There was no place to hang wet clothing but we brought bungee cords and hung them on the balcony. We saw the man who was filling fridges one day and asked him if we could just have Dos Equis beer in our fridge and no Coors Light. He gave us ample amounts of Dos Equis every day from then on. We had an ice maker near our room and it only worked for the first two days but we were easily able to get ice in building 3 or from the nearby pool bar. I told a front desk clerk about the ice maker, thinking she could report it and get it fixed, but her solution to the problem was to offer to have room service deliver ice to our room.

Food: The food at the resort was as good, if not better, than at any other resort we’ve visited. We always ate breakfast and lunch at Le Marché. For breakfast, we loved the crepes with caramel sauce, walnuts, and coconut. And the pastries were wonderful. Lunch was a little different every day but we always found something great. Desserts were substantially better than what we’ve seen at other resorts. But I would like to see coconut ice cream available like we’ve had at all other resorts in the area – Le Marché had chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and lime but no coconut.

It was raining one afternoon so we decided to order room service for lunch and it was probably the best meal of the week. We were told that our order would be delivered in 45 minutes or less and it arrived in 20. We had chipotle shrimp, chicken supreme, and tres leches cake – all fantastic.

Our favorite restaurants were Tamansari and L’Alsace. The sag appetizer at Tamansari was as good as it gets and the pad thai was better than any we’ve ever had. We enjoyed everything at L’Alasce – sweetbreads salad, grouper, stuffed duck leg, filet, soups, etc. We ate there twice. The resort has a dress code for dinner but we never saw it enforced.

We only had one meal we didn’t like at the resort. At Mar/Tierra, I ordered the “catch of the day” – a whole fish deep fried. It was terribly overfried, rock-hard and dry. My wife couldn’t eat all her rib-eye and game me some – it was great.

We didn’t eat at the Mexican or Caribbean buffets in the evening but all the food looked good.

Drinks: During the day, we drank a lot of Dos Equis and a few frozen drinks such as mudslides and banana mammas. Before dinner, we would usually go into the Don Miguel bar for coffee drinks such as Irish coffee or Mexican coffee prepared with an entertaining fire show. The Don Miguel bar was the only one that had drink menus. We also had a few Don Julios and Grand Marniers but the Don Miguel bar was the only one that consistently had Grand Marnier. My wife likes Baileys Irish Cream but we never found any at the resort – all bars had some other kind of Irish Cream which she did not like. Four varieties of house wines were available throughout the resort and all were very good. The Sun bar next to the lazy river pool had a large cooler of beer – both Coors Light and Dos Equis - but this is the only place I saw that. The beach bar had a similar cooler but it only contained water. All bartenders were great and we never had a long wait at any bar with the exception of the beach bar – it was always crowded. This is the first resort I’ve been to that had tip buckets on the bars but bartenders seemed to treat everyone nicely whether they tipped or not. On our last day while we were waiting for our transportation back to the airport, I discovered the Martini bar outside the lobby and had a couple of great long island ice teas.

Service: Wait service in all restaurants was superb without exception. Drink service around the plaza, in the Don Miguel bar, and at the main pool was equally good. Dora and Sandra at the Don Miguel bar and plaza were great!! The servers at the beach were good but were faced with an impossible task of taking care of swarms of people, walking to the far north end of the beach on soft sand, and trying to get drink orders filled at the always-crowed beach bar. It would be a big help to everyone if the VIM could construct a small bar toward the north end of the beach, preferably with rest rooms – or at least put beer coolers in the area.

Other guests: During the evening Mexican show, the MC did a “where’s everyone from?” thing and about half seemed to be from Canada with the rest from the US. One couple was from the UK. Around the resort, we heard about half the people speaking English and about half French. The average age was about 30 but we saw people from about 18 up to late 80s. We were on the older end of the spectrum and never had a problem meeting and visiting with other guests. We saw considerably more drunks at the VIM than we’ve seen at other resorts but they didn’t bother us or anyone else and were easy to avoid.

Entertainment: Much better than other resorts. After dinner, we would usually sit in the patio and listen to a band or to a sax player/vocalist (Johnny Ross) while relaxing with a drink. We went to all shows and really enjoyed the circus and Michael Jackson shows. The Mexican show and Fire show were in the “Las Fuentes” at the front of the resort and were outstanding.

What we did: We spent much of the first three days at the north end of the beach bobbing around in the water and visiting with people. The water was like glass and very clear. I went on a daily walk either north or south of the resort – you can easily walk for about ½ hour in either direction. During the last part of our week, the ocean was very rough and wavy with occasional rains so we spent most of the time at the main pool. One day, we went to the lazy river pool to relax – it was just us and the lonely bartender. We also went to a small pool with a sign at the entrance “Nolitours Silver”. This area had very comfortable beds under palapas and was ideal for just relaxing and reading – we only saw one other couple in this area all week. I don’t think we were supposed to be at this pool but no one kicked us out and a server brought us drinks without questioning us.

One day, we went to the lobby and exchanged $20 for pesos (about 12.5 to 1 exchange rate) and took a colectivo to Playa Del Carmen for a few hours of shopping. The colectivo cost 20 pesos per person each way and had us in PDC in about 20 minutes. This was considerably cheaper and much more flexible than taking the resort’s shuttle.

We also took a bike tour of the resort – it’s offered daily at 9:30 and 10:00AM. It was a great way to see portions of the resort we wouldn’t otherwise see.

Many other reviewers talk about how big the resort is and how much walking is required. I don’t understand this. We thought the resort was a perfect size and very walkable. We walked everywhere and never used the cart service.

We really enjoyed our week at the VIM and will probably return. However, we really prefer the beaches at the Barcelo and Palladium. The beaches at those resorts are lined with palm trees, and have a nice a mixture of swimming areas and snorkeling areas. The VIM’s beach is nice but we would rather see palm trees on the beach instead of rows of palapas. And we would really like to see facilities at the north or most-used part of the beach such as a bar, showers, and restrooms.

Room Tip: Builing 4 is centrally located
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kjtrdlnp
Dear recent guest,

We are grateful for your positive review published on Trip Advisor, It is really important to us to receive positive feedback as yours, the observations that you mentioned regarding the shower, ice maker and housekeeping have been brought to the attention of the management in order to improve it for you and for future guests.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in our resort.

Please feel free to contact us.

Warm regards from VIM,
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the VIM Sept. 14 through Sept. 21. I waited to write my review because I didn't want to let on negativity put my whole experince in a bad light. I'll start with the good.

Check-In: Check-in was as I expected based on previous reviews I'd read. We arrived at about 1:30 pm, the bell hop welcomed us with a cheerful "Welcome home" (as did many other staff members upon our arrival), took our luggage to hold for us during the check-in process and led us to seats in the loby and gave us each a glass of champagne while we waited for our turn to check-in. For those of you who find this important, we were not given cold facecloths, but it didn't really matter to us. There were 4 or 5 other couples waiting - it was only a 7 or 8 minute wait-just enough time to drink our champagne and relax a bit from our flight. We were not offered or given an upgrade.

Room: I had requested, via email, a room on the 3rd floor with a decent view. Our room was in building 5, room 5308. My request was more than fulfilled, we were on the 3rd floor, we had a very private balcony and much to my surprise, an ocean view. Great value for the price of a Junior Deluxe.

Restaurants/Food: The food was fabulous - we were never dissatisfied with any meal during our stay. The breakfast buffet at La Marche was very good - typical breakfast fare. Omelets were excellent. Our only complaint was that it seemed to be impossible to get hot pancakes or waffles. We arrived every morning just after opening and the pancakes were already cold. Perhaps they should consider making fewer at a time, but more often. Lunch buffet at the Mar and Tierra was your basic lunch buffet, but good. Try the fajitas, best lunch they offered. Dinner choices were all excellent. We ate at Il Olive x2-lasagne was fantastic; filet at L'Alsace was the best meal we had; Taman Sai X2 - sweet and sour Mahi Mahi; and La Hacienda x2. Never made it to Ginger or Mar/Tierra.

Grounds: the grounds were beautiful. Plush foliage, very clean, very weel maintained and manicured. I had read in reviews that the resort was huge and it was advised to travel by golf carts. I did not find this to be the case at all. 4 minute walk to restaurants/lobby area, 5 minute walk to beach and less than a minute to the pool area. Very easily walkable and everythin was very well marked.

Now, the negative:

Our first morning,we went to the pool after breakfast, about 8:30 -m 9:00 a.m., and could not find a seat with a palapa. There were plenty of empty seats, but they were all "saved" with towels, beach bags or floaties...many of them remained unused for hours. Although I'm against this practice, I found it necessary to go to the pool at 7:00, before breakfast, to save seats. One morning I watched 2 young ladies save 4 chairs under palapas, 4 chairs in the sun and 4 chairs in the pool. I realize that there's not a lot management can do about this, but 12 chairs? There must be a way to prevent this.

My only other negative was my experience with a bartender at the pool bar in the quiet end of the pool. I preface this by saying I know that despite the fact that all-inclusives claim to include tips, tipping is common and, as I've found in my many previous trips, is appreciated but not expected.

My practice is to tip $2 or $3 for my first beer and then a dollar or two every other round. Apparently, this bartender didn't think this was enough for filling my Bubba Keg with beer. I was blatantly ignored by him. He'd wait on people to the right or left of me, behind me and only until I was the only one left would he wait on me. I'm not a demanding person, so I didn't make a fuss...after all I did still get my drink in the end. At first, I thought it was probably my imagination...why would he ignore me, but when it went on for a couple of days...I've never run into this at any other resort I've visited. Another thing I've never seen is a tip bowl with bills fanned out around the rim. Normally the bartender takes the tip, smiles and thatnks you. It seems that tipping is not only expected, but big tipr are expected.

Overall we had a great time and despite the weather made the most of what VIM has to offer. We made some good friends we've stayed in touch with. If not for my experience with poor service at the pool bar, I would have given this resort a 5 Star rating.

Despite the minor inconveniences outlined above we will be returning to VIM...I guess if Jorge is at the pool bar, I'll just go to the other pool bar for my drinks and give those bartenders my tips.

Thank you to the VIM management and staff for a great trip!

3 Thank PilgrimTraveler1954
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear recent VIM guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review.

Our guest reviews are very important to us because they give us the opportunity to learn better about the aspects we need to work on in order to offer a best service. We already let the F&B manager knows about the observation regarding the bartender that you mentioned, and be confident that we will be working on that.

We are very happy to hear that you were looking forward to returning to the hotel so do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Receive our warmest regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place was beautiful. We had a swim up room, very close to the pool bar. The only down part of that pool was not many of those huts for shade in the actual pool area. Plus the same people hogged those chairs the whole time, while never using them.
The food was excellent. I give all the places we tried 5 stars except for the mexican restaurant(3 stars). Service was beyond excellent.
The beach was beautiful, although there was a bit of a weather pattern out at see so the surf was a little rough and considered dangerous.

Room Tip: Bring a big insulated cup. We brought Bubba mugs, these are a must.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brian M
Dear Brian M,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for your having taken the time to air your comments and concerns. At the property we do not allow guests to reserve the pool chairs, this policy is reinforce in order to have other guests to enjoy the pool chairs as well.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in our resort.

Please feel free to contact us.

Warm regards from VIM,
La Center, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel Sept 24 to oct 2nd ,2013 ! The staff was friendly and polite, The food was great [7 restaurants] especially the breakfast buffet which was available, nice sunny weather 85-87 degrees thereabouts? And the white sand beach was a plus! ! A very big place [15000 acres ] so we were told? A gated enclave! everything was inclusive, food, drinks ...etc! On the down side the mini bar wasn't stocked often enough? But a phone call to the front desk soon took care of that ! lots of walking but the excercise did us good ! And one dark moment on the day we were scheduled to leave the return ride back to the airport was attempted denial by lomas travel represented by a man in the shuttle loading area named Richard who attempted to charge us $80 for the return trip to the cancun airport ! I imagine this extra $80 of our money would go into his pockets? I wondered at the time how many times per day this little stunt is pulled on timid tourists? But due to my wife's hell-raising on this matter it was dropped and the return trip which was part of our package was fast approved! Overall we had a nice time? signed two satisfied travelers!

3 Thank 992Larry1946
Dear recent VIM guest,

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy to hear that time after time , the efforts and dedication of our staff made such a positive impact on your vacation.

We look forward to serving you for your 2nd visit.

Do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Email : customercare@valentinmaya.com
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'm finally getting around to posting my review, and in the three months since our visit, I've seen review after review mention some of the same areas for improvement. I think they've addressed one or two things since our stay, but I'm still mentioning them since I know the VIM reads the reviews on a regular basis. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much, and would return to the Valentin if we ever choose to re-visit a resort. There are several more on our adults-only short list, and we hope to try them all.

We traveled to VIM from June 28 - July 5, 2013. We booked an Emerald Suite to be in the quieter, less-trafficked area of the resort, and couldn't have been happier with our room assignment. We understood that many of the Emeralds had obstructed views, and we were OK with that, as we value privacy more than the view. We were rewarded with possibly the most unobstructed view of all the Emeralds. Our suite, 11201, was a 2nd floor corner suite that overlooked the pathway to the "quiet" beach and wedding area between buildings 11 and 12. This prime spot came with free entertainment, as it also overlooked the small beach bar there. One afternoon, we were treated to a gentleman's rambling conversation as he tried to talk the ear off the lone bartender. And when nature called, this fellow guest strolled not 10 feet from the bar to relieve himself on a nearby bush. Stay classy, Tennessee. We spent our days at the quieter Golden Pool area, with only minor annoyances from guests who preferred their own music to that being played by the Valentin, or those whose voices didn't have a volume control.

OK, enough about the one thing you can't research before your trip-- the other guests. What you *can* do is read the reviews and forum posts about room types, bedding options, dress codes, and resort policies so there are no surprises.

FOOD - we never had a meal we disliked. The daily "Journal" lists which of the restaurants will be closed for each of the next 7 nights (usually no more than 1 per night, but sometimes they were all open!). We never had trouble deciding where to eat, and only twice were we handed a pager during prime dinner hours. And each of those times, we were given an estimate of 20-25 minutes, but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Mrs. Geek's favorite was the Indonesian "Taman Sari", so we dined there twice. She especially enjoyed the chai ice cream. My favorite meal was probably the salmon at Le Alsace, the French restaurant.

The breakfast and lunch buffets served a good variety of dishes with daily themes. TIP: the buffet at Mar/Tierra has more desserts than the soft-serve ice cream, but you have to ask for them.

We enjoyed room service one stormy day, and it arrived in the promised 45 minutes. I'm sure they were busy that afternoon. TIP: order at least 2 glasses of a house wine and you're likely to receive the full bottle.

Another TIP: Regarding dress codes, yes, they have them. Be prepared. Don't expect them to bend the rules for you, regardless of how hit-or-miss their enforcement seems to be. And remember, guys: it's an adults-only resort, so dress like an adult. Save the "Goofy" t-shirt for the pool, and leave the baseball cap in the room-- you won't need it inside a nice restaurant at night. (Yes, we witnessed both of these in restaurants with the stricter dress code.)

SPA - We took advantage of the one rainy day to visit the spa for Mrs. Geek's requisite massage. We somehow missed the special that was offered, but they were still able to to give us a 20% discount on a couples massage, but only the pricier 80-minute massage. It was still overpriced (and longer than I prefer), but they did a great job. The moral of the story is, if you aren't able to make it into Playa del Carmen for a bargain massage, be sure you ask for some sort of discount and they'll find one for you.

ROOM - we enjoyed the space of our Emerald suite with its large bathroom and balcony. The ceiling fan was invaluable in keeping the air moving as the room cools back down after being gone all day. We did have problems one afternoon with the A/C after our afternoon in. We opened the windows around the tile jacuzzi, and I suspect the magnetic contact switches didn't make enough of a connection when we closed them because the windows were difficult to get fully closed-- especially when one was missing a handle. The maintenance people spent about a half-hour getting the A/C back up & running. Suggestion to VIM: replace the windows or disable the sensors on them. Also, because the bathroom area is so large, it doesn't get good airflow from the single A/C vent in the main part of the room.

Our Emerald Suite didn't have a clothesline in the shower, nor a drying rack on the balcony as some other resorts do. Recent reviews from all room types have been mentioning tattered bed linens, and we noticed the same. You can see my high-res photos of the Emerald Suite at geekcouple dot imgur dot com.

HOUSEKEEPING - in general, was very good. They seemed to get a little sloppy near the end of our week as I found food on the floor from the previous day's room service. And only once did we come back to the room in the mid-afternoon and cross paths with the housekeeper. We had returned to change for a spa appointment and he promised to be done within 10 minutes. We came back in 15 and he was gone. Turn-down service, on the other hand, was hit-or-miss. There were a couple nights where they showed up before 6:15 while we were still getting ready for dinner. 4 nights were done while we were at dinner, and one night was skipped completely-- and on a night when we needed fresh towels. A quick call to the One-Touch Service number had a housekeeper at our door within 20 minutes with towels and the daily Journal.

SERVICE - this is the major area that kept my review from being rated a 5. Beverage service at breakfast and lunch was slow and often inaccurate. We often had to ask several times for drinks, or had to repeat our orders. Suggestion to VIM: empower your servers to get their own beverages (such as mimosas at breakfast, soft drinks at lunch). Keep pitchers of Orange Juice handy for quick refills. We noticed that the female servers, especially during dinner, were better at getting drinks quickly and correctly.

Another main service "miss" was in the general cleanliness of the resort. This was especially noticeable with regard to room service dishes and bar glasses. We would often cut through Building 3 to get to the restaurants, and when you see the same cups, glasses, plates, etc. sitting in the same spots for more than 24 hours you start taking notice. Coincidentally, I happened to see a woman who appeared to be a housekeeping supervisor pick up a couple glasses that had previously caught my attention. It was after our own room service experience that I noticed that housekeeping would place dirty glasses/dishes outside the door of the suite, and there they sat until someone, possibly room service, noticed them and picked them up--sometime the next day. Suggestion to VIM: if housekeeping isn't collecting the service items, whomever collects them needs to make more frequent rounds of the guest buildings.

We used the laundry service mid-week and found it to be quick and reasonably-priced. Items left in the AM were returned before dinner time. The only issue we had was getting double-billed for the laundry charge (but not the 10% service charge, so it was easy to spot the error). We noticed it on our final evening when we received a copy of our room charge. What should have been an easy process to get it corrected turned into 2 visits to the front desk and what seemed like unnecessary paperwork at checkout time. I tried calling from the room when the overcharge was noticed, but it was told it would have to be handled at the front desk. No problemo-- we were going to be near the lobby at dinner time anyway. But when we stopped by after dinner, the gentleman at the front desk was unable to correct the mistake due to some accounting process that would be closed out at checkout. So, our checkout took a little longer because we had to show up with our paperwork the next day and sign a slip affirming the credit. Suggestion to VIM: don't inconvenience your guest when a problem is clearly your fault-- especially when it is a billing error.

And finally, something that a growing number of recent reviewers are upset about-- the pool towels. Like other reviewers (and from the chatter around the pool, other guests there at the same time as us), our suite had no beach/pool towels when we checked in. Nor were we told of the towel card system at check-in. I was graciously given an exception to the towel "policy" when I explained that we didn't have towels in our room. But the person staffing the towel hut was very clear, multiple times, that this was a towel EXCHANGE. Recent visitors have reported more inconsistency in whether or not towel cards are in use. Suggestion to VIM: lighten up on the towel policy. Other nearby adults-only resorts are making you look bad when they allow guests to take multiple towels and forego the towel card nonsense. Put those heavy-handed towel hut guys to work on enforcing the no-chair-holding policy that the multiple towels are usually used for. Have your bell staff keep an eye out for people taking towels on excursions. And adding a towel pick-up spot at the Golden pool would be a nice touch.

CONCLUSION - Thanks for reading all that! As I stated above, we had a great time at the VIM, and you will, too. Be nice to the staff and they'll make your stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: King beds are only *guaranteed* in certain room categories, so don't complain here that your *re...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank GeekCouple
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Geek,

Thank you for your in depth review, I found your feedback very interesting and have learnt a lot from your experiences.Every guest is special to us, this is why we try to establish an authentic relationship with our guests and find out about their preferences.

I wish to reassure you, that we have addressed your comments to the executive management to ensure that we take all the necessary action to improve our services as well to reduce the opportunity for these mistakes to reoccur (restaurants, towels, billing).

We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to our Hotel where we can personally meet you and look after your requirements.

Do not hesitate to contact us at : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Best Regards.
Montreal, Canada

We stayed there from Sept 27 to Oct 4 2013 in the silver suite

Room
It was very clean with a comfortable king bed, 2 sinks bathroom and a spa in between separated by a curtain.

You can choose as many entrees or soup as you want. There is a lack of choices in the menu but the quality is excellent. You can always ask to change the sides in the main dish and will be glad to accommodate you.

One if not the best service we ever had. Everybody smiles and look happy to help you. We could be served in Spanish, English, and even in French

Beach
GREAT beach. One of the rare places in Riviera Maya that you can run in the water without worrying to step on rocks or have to wear beach shoes. There were 3 waiters going around to serve drinks.

Location
Well groomed, nice vegetation and flowers. Covered pathway between the lobby and the restaurants. If you wish to go to Playa Del Carmen, the hotel offers a package for 18 USD round trip per person. We were told that they stop at a jewelry store for one hour on the way. We decided to take the cart to the front gate and use the collectivo (shared transportation) for 20 pesos (1.60 USD) per trip. Don't worry it's very safe. You do the math $36 or $6.50

I would go back to this hotel without any hesitation for more than a week next time

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alain G
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Alain G,

We would like to thank you, on behalf of every employee at the Valentin Imperial Maya. Your comments were truly a pleasure to read and I appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences with the Trip advisor community.

We are happy to know that you had chance to enjoy some of our services and facilities and especially that you had a great vacation with us. We are also very happy to hear that you were looking forward to returning to the hotel for your 2nd visit. So please let us know as soon as you are ready to comeback, our great team will be ready to exceed your expectations again!

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Wishing you all the best,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Secreto
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
#3 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!