Third trip to the Riviera Maya, 1st time at the Valentin. My wife and I stayed from August 1st - 11th. What can we say we loved it and for the price you can double your vacation time sacrificing only a little compared to Iberostar Grand and Secrets Maroma. What sets this place apart from the rest is the impeccable service and lush grounds. Top shelf drinks and decent food available 24 hours a day. Just be sure to ask for top shelf. When in doubt press zero on the phone, ask and you shall receive. We are beach people and that's what we paid for. The sand was white and soft and the water was turquoise. The surf was calm for the most part which my wife enjoyed but I like BIGGER waves to play in. There are plenty of palapas on the beach. Only major complaint was the lack of Ventilation in the personal bathroom and all the public restrooms. Stick a fan in there please will ya! We spent absolutely no time in the pool because there is an ocean really close people! Plus the pool was warm, full of people drinking all day that never seemed to get out if you catch my drift and the ocean breeze doesn't quite permeate the surrounding lush vegetation. The pool was the largest I've seen and there was a quite and rowdy side. The lunch buffets could have a little better food but dinners were great! The resort is large but trust me long walks help when you are full of food and alcohol. Plus there are golf carts that will wisk you around. If you figure out how to turn one on and take it for a joy ride kudos to you. ;)
Tips for the room:
If your beach people like us stay in building 5. It's very close to the main pool/beach/bar/buffet area.
Leave a couple ones for the maid
Tips for the Beach:
Take your towels out by 9am to save yourself a good spot on the beach
Bring plenty of sunscreen, it's expensive in Mexico
Bring large bubba mugs. It will keep your drinks cold and save you trips to the bar and time waiting for more drinks.
Don't feed the angel fish in the water as there are larger barracuda and amberjacks hunting them. Very cool to watch!
Watch where your walking in the morning because the iguanas are out sunbathing.
Miguel and Elmer at the beach bar were awesome! Abelardo and Lizabeth on the beach went above and beyond!
Get your cigars from the 2 vendors on the beach.
Raul and Omar were great at the mar y tiera for breakfast/lunch!
Be sure to tip a few dollars here and there, they work really hard and really appreciate it!
Be sure to book any excursions with Sergio and Manuel at the dive shop, Barracuda, by the pool!
They offer better prices and a more personal experience rather than being herded on a huge buss with lots of people through one of the agencies in the front lobby.
We went swimming with whale sharks and it was the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!
If your lucky you may be able to help out with the sea turtle eggs at night, at no charge on the beach through the Valentin.
Be sure to sit at the sushi bar and order from the sushi chefs at ginger.
Order the Cochinita pibil at the Mexican restaurant. Best pork ever!
Ask the chef to grill up some fresh seafood at lunch get some tortillas, guac, pico and slasa and enjoy.
The French and Italian were the best.
Teresa at the Itailian restaurant was great!
Fellas bring some pants
Bring lots of bug spray as the Mosquitos are ruthless and make sure you spray everywhere as they bite through thin clothes!
Take a midday nape to have some energy at night!
All in all great stay for the price. Again you will only gain a little for A LOT more money at the pricier resorts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico