My husband and I have gone once in dec. and once in Jan. This review is for the people who worry about nit-pickers reviews. It is the best for the money and then some!!
First--we stay on the 3rd floor (king bed) golden suite. There is nothing like sitting on the balcony with morning coffee or in the evening after dinner. The jacuzzi fills slowly, but after all, it is a leisurely vacation, so what. The room is modern and immaculately cleaned daily.
second-- the beach is great. go to the left of the bar and you will find chairs with shades. The lazy pool is just that. The main pool is lively with the team having activities. It can get crowded, and sometimes the towel game is played, so we just go to the beach. The swim up bars are great, and top shelf. Always snacks and something to eat there and at the beach. P.S>- there are no agressive vendors on the beach.
FOOD-The breakfast buffet has an omelette station and a crepe station. the juices are made fresh in front of your eyes. The lunch buffet has many choices, but the best is pick out your cut of meat, fish or chicken and have it grilled your way. The grilled shrimp is scrumptious. For dinner remember the dress code!! We love the fact that restaurants are no reservations, except the Japanese. The thai and mexican are very good. DO NOT listen to complaints!! You will not get betterfood unless you go to a place that costs double!!
SHOWS-- some tacky, but fun...the mayan show is wonderful
It is a quiet resort, but there bars at night.
The grounds are large and gorgeous!! For those who complain about the walk from some rooms--stop it. It is vacation and only is about 5-7 minutes at most to get anywhere.
I could go on and on forever, but best to experience on your own. You can always scontact me directly.
The only worry I have had is there is no guarantee that we would get the 3rd floor with king bed (building 7)when reserving the trip. So far we have been accomadated and hope to this winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico