I will start by saying this was my second trip to the Valentin. I went on a family vacation and it was absolutely wonderful! The grounds are so beautiful... they are kept up so well. The food is wonderful, the pools are great, the beach area is clean and maintained. Most of the drinks were very good as well. They have almost anything you can imagine as well as top shelf liquor... just ask for it!
We stayed in a deluxe junior suite in the 3rd building on the 1st floor. Besides for the room being a little musty and the shower water spraying all over the floor... we had no complaints. I expected the musty smells because they just had a tropical storm a week or so before we came. I think the next time I go I would like to have a room with a balcony.
The staff was wonderful!! Everyone goes out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. JC from the entertainment staff was a blast!! He went out of his way to make sure everyone was having fun. We had a great time doing water aerobics and the crazy games by the pool! We also did a bike tour... it was nice, but because we were there in the summer it was incredibly hot. Victor from the sports bar was one of the hardest working people I have seen. He ran the entire bar by himself most of the time. When he wasn't making drinks, he was cleaning, stocking, putting out popcorn and snacks. Sandra from the pool service was amazing too... always smiling, always offering a drink :) Angelica was our housekeeper... she always left us with a clean room and towel animals! We loved it! Please make sure you tip the staff... they work very hard!
We went to almost all of the restaurants... I think the steak I had at the French restaurant was the best steak I have had in a while! The Mexican Restaurant was great, The Habachi grill was awesome! No complaints about the food.... and I really stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a lot of new things!
I think the only minor problem that we had was that we had emailed the concierge months before arriving that we were going to be celebrating my sister's 30th birthday there and we wanted it to be special. My mom sent several emails before arrival to remind them as well. We had wanted the room decorated and a cake and her name in the flyer. The room did not get decorated until 2 days later and her name was not in the bulletin. We were not very happy with that.
I loved the addition of the swings near the beach and the hammocks!
The pool can use to get some new rafts... you may want to bring your own and have them blown up there!
Overall great stay... sorry if the review wasn't as organized as I wanted it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico