May 21st to June 5th 2008
My partner and I chose The Valentin after a great deal of searching. We were looking for great accomodation, good food, beautiful weather and places of interest. We got all of these and more with The Valentin.
We were immediately impressed when we arrived (after a lengthy time spent at Cancun Airport!) champayne, cold towels and a fantastic, cathedral sized lobby.
We were quickly taken to our room, in tower 4, which we felt was located centrally. We didn't have a particular view but did n't find that a problem. The room is spacious, with everything you could possibly want and very clean. As other people have already mentioned, the bed was the best we had slept in, if it could have got through the customs I would have bought one!
Over our two week stay, we were impressed with the friendliness and effeciency of all the staff. All seemed to genuinely enjoy working at The Valentin and always made you welcome. We tipped but not necessarily all the time.
We tried all the restaurants, our favourite was the French, but this was closely followed by The Indonesian, Japenese and Mexican. We probably found the Lobster Pot a little over-rated.
The main pool is amazing, large with two swim up bars. The bar staff were particularly good at both, and the drinks served beautifully. What we really liked was the fact that all the top brands were served and the cocktails were lovely!
In the two weeks we were in Mexico, we arranged to go on several excursions. We particularly liked Chichen Itza and Tulum. The tour guides were well informed, and made the days educational but fun, we highly recommend them.
We would love to return to Mexico,and if in the future we are able to do so, we will without hestitation book at The Valentin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico