Transfer from the airport to the hotel was great, went VIP with a 10-minute wait. At the resort, we received Champaign during check in and an upgrade to Tower 7. My wife shared with the agent that it was my birthday. In the 10-minutes it took us to get to our room, they turned down the bed and decorated the room with rose petals. The next night they brought in a bottle of Champaign. Nice touch!
The hotel is very new with about 30% occupancy. The food and evening entertainment were excellent.
The first few mornings we had our breakfast in the Fusion Restaurant and enjoyed a wide assortment of items. Check out the Kewie/Guava juice. Towards the end of our trip we tended to hit the beach early and have breakfast at Mar/ Tierra Restaurant.
In the afternoons everyone tends to migrate to the pool in front of Tower 4 and 5. Sightseeing and interaction is fun. In the evening, enjoy the Shows and then check out the Sports Bar.
Can’t say enough about the service. It was fantastic. We took a stack of 100, $1-dollar bills as tip money. I didn’t see much tipping and the service staff was truly grateful when offered.
Few other notes: international calls from the room are $5/min. US dollar and Euro phone cards are available but the machines are at opposite sides of the main lobby. The US phone card machine is by the business center and the Euro machine is by Lobby Bar. Cost is $20US for 23 minutes.
If you want to do the hibachi for dinner, you will need a total of 8 guest.
Shuttle service to Playa is about $23 per couple. Trip is about 15 minutes one way. Car rental is available for about $100 per day.
Make sure to use your concierge. They are convenient to each building. These guys are great for negotiating and confirming reservations for you. Thank you Martin and George!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico