“Absolutely a 5 star Mexican Caribbean Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Valentin Imperial Maya

Valentin Imperial Maya
“Absolutely a 5 star Mexican Caribbean Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was our first trip to a 5 star resort and it was amazing! The service was great. The food was very good. The breakfast buffet was amazing!! Mimosa's every morning. Everything was Very very clean. They keep the grounds beautiful!! Stayed in a swim up room in building #7 and loved it! The swim up pool is like a little get-a-way for the people in those buildings. The beach was beautiful, but the surf was very rough the week we were there. But we still had fun fighting the big waves. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the bar by the beach. It was staffed with employees that seemed aggravated and pissed off every time we got a drink. All the other bars were staffed with great people. The 24 hour room service was awesome. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank rspike240
F T, Subdirector at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Recent VIM Guests,

Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your vacation. In the name of all the Valentin Imperial Maya, we want express our gratitude for contribute with this positive review.

The observations that you mentioned concerning the staff bar’s amiability at the beach have been brought to the attention of the F&B departments in order to improve that service.

Thank you for recommending our property. It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back at Valentin Imperial !

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,423)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our 4th trip to VIM and once again, it did not disappoint. Just returned after 7 days. Greeted with smiles and champagne...great food, exercise activities, wonderful caring staff who will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Wouldn't change a thing!! Relaxing, variety of night entertainment....air conditioning in the restaurants felt great!!

Room Tip: all are great...if you want total quiet go for the swim ups.
1 Thank CJY5661
Dear repeat VIM guests

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy to hear that time after time , the efforts and dedication of our staff made such a positive impact on your vacation; it is an honor that you choose to keep returning to the Valentin Imperial Maya
We look forward to serving you for your 5th visit.

Do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Wishing you all the best,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stayed here for 5 nights in May. VIM is a beautiful resort with winding paths, lush vegetation and some fun animal life. Check in was lovely with the champagne and cool towel greeting. We had 3 rooms; deluxe suite, silver suite and swim up suite. All of our rooms were very nice with upgraded luxury bathrooms. The deluxe suite with 2 double beds was close to the large pool in building 4. The beds were a bit hard as some have mentioned. I suggested to my adult kids to request a mattress pad, but they said they were fine. My son was celebrating his college master's graduation. I was able to call the concierge after we arrived and get his name in the daily activity paper for Congratulations Graduates. My daughter and her husband were celebrating their anniversary and stayed in the Silver Suite. Their room was decorated with rose petals. A decorated chocolate cake & champagne were left in their room. Also the door had an anniversary celebration banner on it. They loved it! (There name was also listed in the daily sheet for Happy Anniversary!) I was afraid from the reviews that it might be noisy in their room. But they said it was very quiet. We stayed in the Golden Swim Up Suite. It was beautiful. We loved the separation of the sleeping area & sitting area. Our refrigerator was filled each day. The room location was great for us. We loved just walking out to our pool. Our family came over to our pool most days. Room service! Every afternoon - guac & chips and then took it out by our pool. Pool drink service on our side was better some days than others. If you have to have your own pool float all the time, you might want to bring your own. They were available enough for us, but if you have to have one all the time, bring your own.
We ate breakfast and lunch almost every day at Le Marche. Breakfast: The fruits were so beautiful and delicious. We thought the variety was great. Jamon from Spain - Wonderful! An amazing variety of cheeses. And of course, there was regular American breakfast offerings, too. I ordered a cappuccino most days. Yummy! Lunch offerings were just as good. One day we at a late lunch at Tierra. We went back to Le Marche the next day.
I will say just one thing about eating late lunches. We also ate a late lunch on our first day after check in at Le Marche. The selection and service was not as good. We could tell that they were ready to close. I feel that the last customer of the day should get just as good as service and selection as the first customer. So I would encourage them to improve on this aspect.
We didn't spend much time at the beach. But it was beautiful. The red flag was up while we were there. We had drinks at the beach bar one night. Windy... but it is the beach. :>)
We ate dinner at the Italian Restaurant, Ill Olivo. Loved that place! My osso bucco was aamaazzing! Our server was wonderful. Taman Sari (Indonesian) was delicious. Again very good service. And we were able to sit at the Hibachi Grill for Japanese. So fun! Do it if you can. Similar to Benihana. We were glad for the Mexican restaurant too! La Hacienda was very delish. We didn't have time for the French restaurant. We usually ate early at 6 or later at 8:30 or 9. We never had to wait and we were a party of 7. One night we ate during the 'rush hour' at the Mexican Restaurant. We had a short 5 minute wait. We also had tapas another night. Was a fun pre dinner gathering.
We went to the "Michael Jackson" show. He had some good moves. We were going to go to the Caribbean show. I thought it might be steel drums. It wasn't. And was very loud.
Bike ride around the place was nice. They have other activity choices not listed in your "daily gazette" at the Activity Hut. We liked being out in the plaza at night. The men enjoyed the cigar bar. We bought some items from some of the vendors that VIM brings in.
We listened to reviewers here and brought lots of small bills for tips. They were very attentive even before we tipped them.
We took 2 excursions: one to Tulum and one to Isla Mujeres. Tulum was wonderful. Loved our tour guide. Isla Mujeres is an ok boat ride, but don't take it for snorkeling, shopping or lunch. If you want a boat ride with music and dancing in a catamaran, then take it. Otherwise, choose another excursion.
All in all this was a great vacation at a beautiful resort, and we would definitely go back. My husband actually can't stop talking about it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank VacationsInspired
St.Louis Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned today 7/8 from the Valentin where we had the most relaxing 6 days . We did the privilege club and we felt like kids in the candy jar . First our room was a Imperial suite with a hot tub for 2 out on our covered balcony. You don't have to wait at restaurants you call in the morning to your concierge to tell them which restaurant and what time including the Ginger . The lobster was outstanding . We picked out 4 bottles of our favorite liquor which included Don Julio, Grey goose. We had reserved covered seating at the beach with pillows and large mattress . Yes it cost extra but it was fun to be spoiled . We worked with Jose who was so nice . The only downfall was we had to go home . Thank you Valentin staff .

Room Tip: We stayed in 7315 top floor . Large suite
2 Thank mimijan5
F T, Customer Care - JV at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear guest,

We would first of all like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us and the rest of the T.A reviewers such an enthusiastic review!

We are happy to know that you had chance to enjoy our “privilege package” and especially that you had a great vacation with us.

Thank you for letting us know your observations and we hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and i spent our 30th wedding anniversary here and i must say it was wonderful. We were there from june 14-21, i wish we would have stayed longer. We stayed in a golden suite and it was beautiful, the food was awesome and the staff was outstanding. I can't say anything negative about our stay. I do have to say the resort is big but we found lots of short cuts and it wasn't bad at all, we actually enjoyed the walks. I booked our trip through TRIPGUY.com and our agent was Nikki. SHe was FANTASTIC, Nikki took care of every little detail for us and was always available if we had questions. I would highly recommend TRIPGUY and definitely ask for Nikki you won't be sorry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russell B
Dear Russell from Texas,

Thank you for taking some of your time in posting this fantastic review, It is very rewarding to read this kind of reviews, even more to know that you chose our beautiful resort to spend your anniversary, congratulations!

Thank you once again for your nice comments, we hope to have the opportunity in hosting you again in the near future.

Cordially,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This resort is a great value for the price you pay. We had a wonderful time and meet some wonderful people. The crowd here is a little younger, the average age is probably 28-34. My husband and I go to Mexico every year, sometimes twice and we have always tried new resorts. This is one of the top 3 for me.

Food- All the restaurants were sensational, the food was excellent! I enjoyed the sushi at Ginger and the Indonesian restaurants the most, amazing food at both of these places!! I would have liked more options for lunch and breakfast as the Buffet was getting old told the end of the trip, however the food was still wonderful.

Drinks/Bars-
Drink selection was great, always poured top shelf when we asked for it. I really have no complaints in this department, and we took advantage of the unlimited drinks! The swim-up bars were awesome, we didn't really have trouble getting drinks quickly. I would comment that it would be nice if they would put more then 1 bartender at the swim-up bar as it can get pretty crowded toward the end of the day. The Beach bar with swings was a great place to have a pre dinner drink- Beautiful view of the beach!

Pool-
The main pool was huge! one of the best I have seen, it had 2 swim up bars and lots of available chairs to lounge in.

Beach-
The Beach was the Best I have seen in this area, it was very clean and well kept. The water was blue and you could actually see the bottom! I don't really like to go in the ocean, but it was still beautiful to look at! I give this beach 5 Stars!

Rooms-
The Rooms are very nice! We got the Jr. Swim-up Suite so we had an extra sitting area, which was really nice to have! The bathrooms were nice as well, there was plenty of space to hang up our clothes and the maids did a great job making sure it was clean.

Entertainment-
The nightly entertainment was probably the worse I have seen, the theater gets really hot and there is no air circulation. The Go Team during the day I don't think did a great job of getting the guests involved. We played a lot of Volleyball and had a great time, but I think they could have done more activities around the pool, or even just played more music during the day.

Service-
The service was overall great, however I feel like in some place it could have been better such as the swim-up bar and the Mexican restaurant. Please make sure you tip your servers, a couple dollars for you can really make a difference to them!

Spa-
The spa was very nice, not the best I've seen, but it was still good. I had a deep tissue and a hot stone massage and Jasmine did an excellent job at both! Thanks Jasmine!

Overall, I rated this resort a 4, only because there is one other that beats it for me. However I would say that for the value you pay, you are getting 5 stars! This really is a great resort and I could be a little to critical on some aspects but that is only because I am comparing it to the another resort that is 5 starts all the way. Thanks Valentin for making it a excellent vacation, I will be recommending it to others!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the swim up room, however we only were in it maybe twice. You have to ge...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Liz_Scott02
Dear Mrs.Liz from Houston,

Thank you for taking the time to remark on your stay at Valentin Imperial Maya. We fell so happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves.

On the other hand we regret that you have not found the service of our entertainment staff adequate. We assure you that your feedback will be considered with our entertainment manager in order to ameliorate their engagement and sociability.

We took also good note of your observations regarding the bartenders at the lazy pool with the appropriate department in order to take the corrective measures and avoid situations, such as you recommended, in the future.

We always appreciate our guests' contribution, suggestions and comments which help us find out about their preferences.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.

Best regards
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Can't remember if I left a review earlier, but if so, the Valentin deserves a second helping of a very positive review. The VIM was an amazing experience - gorgeous landscaping, very clean and manicured. All the staff were helpful, friendly, and cheerful. The food was delicious, especially the breakfasts - very little wait time (except for the French restaurant). We tried all the restaurants with the fish restaurant being our least favorite, but it wasn't bad. Surprisingly, the Japanese restaurant was our favorite. The beach was clean and the water was warm. Most people came out early and left their towels and inexpensive items to save the beach chairs. We went to the beach in the morning and in the afternoon and found available beach chairs with no problem. We really enjoyed all the activities, but did not go for spa treatment or for any massages. We did book 3 tours in the lobby of the VIM which proved to be well worth the money for the memorable experiences; one full day touring Chichen Itza; another day swimming in a Cenote plus snorkling in the open sea; and the third day swimming with the dolphins (make sure you have a day of rest in between). This is an adult only resort which was very, very nice (heavenly) without children running around. Before we went I read all the negative reviews and then the positive ones - this helped sort out what to do if we had to face any of the problems listed by other guests. We booked through Cheapcarribean and as promised, it was a 4 star resort that should be in 5 star category. We quickly found out that the beautiful landscaped setting required a lot of walking. But with the golf carts coming and going all over the place, we were able to hitch rides most of the time. Don't bring your own suntan lotion because most places require the biodegradable kind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tripalong1060
Dear guest from Colorado,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the trip advisor readers.

Receiving words like yours, it is always the best inspiration for our work. Please let us know when you will be back . so we can make your next arrival more especial and enjoyable.

We hope to receive you soon at your house in The Mexican Caribbean!

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Secreto
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#55 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,834 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,855 reviews
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#34 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,951 reviews

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!