to make their guests' stays an pampering experience. Without doubt the employees were the most welcoming and gracious we have ever experienced during our extensive travels.
We enjoyed our first visit to the Mexican Riviera at the Valentin. It was a relaxing chill-out sort of vacation, other than the 14 hour tour we took one day to see Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, cenote, etc.
We booked early thru apple (hotel only) and got locked into paying a higher rate than that offered several months out but still feel we received great value. I booked a Silver Suite (to guarantee a king bed) and all my requests were met: building two, upper floor that afforded us a distant view of the ocean from our balcony. The resort wound up selling out during our stay.
We received a charming swan towel/rose display on our bed for our anniversary trip along with door decoration, bottle of champagne and piece of chocolate cake upon our arrival.
Our first afternoon we found a lively bunch of folks in the pool and quickly settled into our routine for the next week. We would wake around 8 am to secure an umbrella on the beach and would either go immediately to eat breakfast or wait for an early lunch, returning to our spot. The beach is supposed to be among the safest in the area but it was still too rough for my tastes, disappointing. Mid afternoon we'd head up to the pool, which would start to clear out by that time. We never had a problem getting a chair or pool float.
We ate dinner early, no issue with dining anywhere, especially enjoyed the japanese steak house (non-hibachi section). The french & indonesian were decent, not a fan of the steak/seafood venues. Breakfast and lunch offerings were more varied in the restaurant near the lobby area.
Drinks were plentiful and top shelf liquor available. Entertainment was on par with that on cruise ships, nice to have diversion. We spent a lot of time in the sports bar watching hockey playoffs that week.
My only concern was the set up of the jacuzzi and the curtain...not for privacy but safety. One night I didn't realize that water had splashed out of the tub into the bedroom area. When walking to bed I slipped and took a rather nasty fall. They did offer slippers and small throw rugs near the end tables at the head of the bed but perhaps some sort of non slip flooring area surrounding the tub in the bedroom area would be a good idea for those of us used to carpeting?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico