“Enjoyed Every Minute”

Valentin Imperial Maya
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a wonderful resort offering nice rooms, nightly entertainment, friendly staff always wanting to help you enjoy your stay. There is always a limo golf cart within minutes or you can request a pickup if you don't want to walk. We walked the grounds to work off the wonderful food and drinks, they are smooth, level paved paths. Loved seeing the local wildlife, plants and all the architectural decor. We were in building 4 and felt it was very quite and a good central location. Loved sitting on the balcony in the morning enjoying coffee and watching the birds. Nice beach with lots of shade and lounges, and of course they will bring you your drinks while you enjoy the beach! We will return, remember to tip they deserve it. Seven days of complete R&R!!

Room Tip: If you tip the maid, they shape towels into animals and decorate with flowers.
2  Thank been_there_u2
F T, Subdirector at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear VIM guests from Tucson, Arizona

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased that you loved it here; we will share your positive comments with our staff it encourages them to continue working hard.

We look forward to welcome you back for your next visit at the valentin imperial maya resort.
Please contact us prior to your next visit so we can assist with all pre arrival requests.

Email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Receive our warmest regards from the VIM team.

There are newer reviews for Valentin Imperial Maya

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel was a fabulous place to spend our vacation. Upon arrival, we were greeted by cold towels and champagne. Our check-in was seamless and our room was not only huge, but gorgeous. You can see the native wildlife walking all around. We were brought to our building by golf cart because the grounds are so large.

The pool area and beach are beautiful. Being that the hotel is adults only, we always felt calm and serene. Everyday was enjoyable.

From the staff to the food, this all-inclusive was great. The food options were awesome, pretty much anything and everything. The pool service was really good too. All of the restaurant options were wonderful, although we did not try the French restaurant.

All in all, I would highly recommend this all-inclusive for your next trip. Very affordable and everything was fabulous. The only negative was that we did not have more time there!

Room Tip: Our building was #4 and we were right next to the pool. Did not feel like it was loud because the po...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan S

Dear VIM guests from Boston, Massachusetts

Thank you very much for your gracious comments. We are glad that you liked our restaurants, the native wildlife walking all around and the amiability of our staff. It is our goal to create memories and beautiful experiences in our guest.

We hope to be able to host you many more times in the future.

Please let us know as soon as possible when you will be back, so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Wishing all the best,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed from Sunday to Friday for our honeymoon. It was fabulous! Totally above our expectations and our expectations were high based on other good reviews. I would go again in a heartbeat! The staff was excellent, the grounds were well kept, the entertainment was fun, the drinks were delicious.... I could go on and on. There were days when we just wanted to relax in a mellow environment and we were able to. Then other days we wanted to party and watch shows and go out; we were able to have a blast doing that as well. VIM makes it so you can make the vacation into whatever type of vacation you'd like! Fabulous.

Room Tip: Building 6 - we felt was centrally located to all things.

Dear recent VIM Honeymooners from Salt Lake City, Utah

First of all congratulations and thank you very much for staying in the Valentin Imperial Maya and for taking the time to write your positive feedbacks. We know that our staff will be truly motivated by your kind words about your experiences.

We are sure this has helped many travelers confirm that the Valentin Imperial Maya Resort is the perfect hotel for this unforgettable occasion.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to celebrate your first anniversary.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

There were no complaints. Food, service, and amenities were awesome. Bring one pair of comfortable walking shoes. The employees were awesome and made an effort to remember your name. The resort is so large that there were plenty of places to hang out seclusively. We will be going back!

Room Tip: Building 14, 15, or 5 close to everything
3  Thank ShendoahValley
F T, Subdirector at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear VIM Guest from Waynesboro, Virginia.

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at the Valentin Imperial Maya.

We are glad that you received attentive service since we strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back for your 2nd visit at Valentin Imperial Maya.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This resort was by far the best resort we have stayed in yet. We have been to A/I numerous times before. It was definitely more expensive than we have paid in the past @ 4 / 5 stars but It was worth it. The resort was pretty full when we were there (just returned 5/14/2013) but it didn't seem it.
Every one was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure the stay was outstanding. We didn't even have to tip anyone -- we did but not as frequently as we had in the past because we kept forgetting to bring money. That's great because other resorts we knew If we didn't tip we wouldn't be served. With that said I made it appoint to give great tips the day/night before we left. We had tipped the sports bar bartender (think it was Jose) each night but we ended up disappointed in the end. We are avid boston bruins hockey fans and each night they played there were numerous people watching the game -- folks from Toronto and New England.. Our last night he refused to put on the hockey game. There was 1 table of 6 people playing cards and not watching the TV. When we asked him to changge 1 TV from basketball to hockey, a miserable, spoiled woman screamed only basketball here......so he put the clicker down. Then they (spoiled woman and crew) left the bar and Jose REFUSED to change the TV to the hockey game!!! There was 6 of us as well and we left very irritated. We stopped back later only to find out from people watching the NY Rangers hockey game that other people wanted the Bruins game on (it was game 7 and in overtime) and he do it. I agree first come first serve but when ALL the tvs put on the same station -- that's pretty poor....and then knowing my husband and I tipped him very well all week -- made me regret tipping him. My suggestion don't tip every night/day....tip toward the end of your trip....tipping doesn't get you better service. This resort is top notch service w/out tipping.
Great resort -- Oscar in Concierge was wonderful before we arrived....and Andrea (I hope that is her name) that worked in the Privledge area was FANTASTIC! We went in asking questions and she was beyond wonderful....
We hope we can come back in OCtober.....If not we will be back in 2014!!

Room Tip: We were in a Golden Jr Suite.... it was perfect.... I wouldn't recommend a swim up room unless y...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
F T, Subdirector at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear recent guests from Boston,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for your having taken the time to air your comments and concerns.

We are very proud to have received your personal comments about our staff members Oscar and Andrea. We will gladly pass on your compliments to each one and let them know that they make the difference with the impeccable service.

Be also assured we took good note of your observations regarding the sport bar’s issue and discussed it with the various Bar Managers in order to take the appropriate measures and avoid situations, such as you described in the future.

We look forward to serving you in October or next year for your 2nd visit.

Please contact us prior to your next visit so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Warm regards

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Valentin for 8 days at the end of March/beginning of April for our honeymoon and it wasn't long enough~ we had a wonderful time!!!! The grounds are simply amazing, the staff gracious (we enjoyed talking to Sergio especially), beautiful beach (although was quite windy/wavy, but staff said that's not typical), fantastic pool areas, and good restaurants.

We stayed in Building 9, second floor, in an Emperial Junior Suite and would highly recommend these rooms. We had a a little view of the ocean from our shower which was so pretty! None of the rooms have great ocean views as there are palm trees obstructing the view, but if you like tropical vegetation you won't be dissapointed.

We ordered room service one night- would not suggest this over going out to eat but the quesidillas and chocolate cake were decent. We sat outside at the restaurants when we could and loved this! Especially liked Ginger and the Indonesian restaurants.

The only bummer was the transportation- through the resort we arranged for their private transportation as we had never been to Mexico before and figured this would be the most reliable and convenient. The ride from the airport to resort was flawless, although there was a problem picking us up to get to the airport- it NEVER arrived and the resort kept giving us the 'run-around' (we were repeatedly told to wait 15 more minutes). After waiting 55minutes and speaking to several staff, including a manager, we opted to take a cab so we wouldn't miss our flight. The resort did cover the expense of the cab, which as $50. However, they were reluctant to refund half of the private transfer fee- which we felt was fair since they were neglectful in part of their service- and only after sever emails with them were we refunded half of the cost.

Nonetheless, we had a fantastic time and would go back- although would not use their private transportation again:)

Room Tip: We stayed in building 9- Emperial Junior Suite. Next time would try for Building 11 as it's clo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Recent Honeymooners from Portland, Maine

Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your honeymoon at our Valentin Imperial Maya. We know that our staff (especially Sergio) will be truly motivated by your kind words about your experiences.

We also have carefully reviewed the information you mentioned above and regarding your issue with the transportation, your comments have been brought to the attention of the involved departments in order to improve that service and make sure this will never happen again.

Thank you for recommending our property. It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back at Valentin Imperial Maya maybe to celebrate your first anniversary?

Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to the Valentin. It was our 10th Anniversary. I emailed in advance requesting a king size bed. Not only was the request honored, but we were also placed in room 4301, which has a small view of the ocean from the balcony. I loved sitting on the balcony in the robe provided and listening to the birds and waves. Super relaxing.

Check In- Due to airline troubles, we did not arrive until 12:30 am. They were ready to check us in. After check in, the bellboy walked us to our room. We did not receive champagne or towels, but it was the middle of the night. We totally understood.

Room quality (Deluxe Junior)- Our king size bed was very comfortable. The room was overall in good condition. I loved the shower and separated toilet. Also, I was happy to learn that the hairdryer was efficient enough to fully dry my hair quickly.

Food- I think I gained five pounds. Ha Ha. But seriously, you could honestly eat the entire time. Breakfast was great at Mar & Tierra because you can hear and smell the ocean. Our favorite breakfast was Le Marche. Luiz was great help. The omelet and crepe station was my favorite at Le Marche. The lunch offered there was excellent as well. One night, we had hibachi (great food and presentation). L Olivio was the perfect romantic dinner for two- I had lobster cannoli. Enjoyed a meal at the L Alsace (filet mignon, lobster soup, and souffle for dessert.) I honestly can only say nice things about the food. Sometimes it didn't taste the way that I expected, but almost always was good.

Alcohol- I do not drink a lot. I traveled with people who fully utilized the pool bars, and the ones in the plaza. Top shelf liquor was used. I enjoyed rum and coke, blue lagoons, and mango or strawberry daquiri's. Several of the people in my party enjoyed the mango margarita's as well as original ones.

Pool/Beach- Both the pool and the beach were great. Drinks were a little harder to come by on the beach, and it was a long way to the bar from the palapas. As for the "towel game", it did not affect me too much. The resort was at capacity, but I never had trouble getting a lounger. Typically, we placed our towels on the lounger on the way to breakfast around 8:30am. When we finished with breakfast we headed to the pool/beach. When we finished with the loungers, we took our towels and made them available for others. As far as I could tell, no one went without lounger. Floats were scarce and several were severely worn. If it is highly important that you have a float, then bring your own. There were lots of people stashing them under their chairs. I waited patiently, and eventually obtained one each day.

Grounds- The grounds of this resort were unbelievable. I felt as if we were in the jungle the entire time. The entire resort has lush landscaping, water features, and wildlife. All of those combined create a very relaxing atmosphere.

Housekeeping- We received three towel sculptures. Also, there were rose petals on the bed on three different nights. Most nights, we received turn down service. I think the other nights we missed because we were in the room when they came around. I did tip daily, so I don't know if that affected our service. The maids did an excellent job of cleaning up behind my husband and myself.

Overall- excellent trip. I do have two suggestions/comments otherwise.
One- the room temperature was generally pretty warm. I could tell the air was running, but it would have been nice if it was a little bit cooler. I did not mention to maintenance, or perhaps they could have addressed it.
Two- I requested a pick up on my departure date to take me to the front desk. When I got downstairs no one was there. It could have been my fault. We walked- no big deal. The problem was that the walkway through the front center of the resort was not lit at 5:10am. We had to use our cell phones to provide light to get the lobby. It could have been an oversight, or perhaps to save energy. But, it also could have been a disaster because of the wonderful water features on both side of that walkway.

We definitely intend to return to the Valentin. The people work very hard and seem to generally appreciate your business. We did tip everyone, so that may have made the experience better. I am cheap- let me just say that. But, every tip that I gave was earned. Excellent resort, food, service and entertainment.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms would be best, I think. This prevents the noise from overhead. It also affords a lit...
6  Thank LauraC2003

Dear VIM Guest from Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Valentin Imperial Maya Resort & Spa.

We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

We are pleased to read the positive comments on your recent stay at our Resort. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

I hope that you will return to Valentin Imperial Maya in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to arrival and we will ensure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

E-mail: customercare@valentinmaya.com

Best Regards!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Secreto
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#60 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#35 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!