This is a beautiful resort, the staff were great, the food was bordering on terrible with a couple exceptions.
We were greeted by cool towels, and a glass of champagne. Staff were very helpful.
Rooms were very clean, nice comfortable beds in our swim-up suite. The pool for the swim-up suites do not connect to the other pools, and for our room after 1200 pm it was not in the sun.
We were in room 7105.
Room service was prompt.although staff answering phone did not speak english well. YOU CANNOT ORDER BOTTLES OF WINE, even though you can order 10 glasses of wine. Unable to get staff to tell me what wines were available, so just ended up with a white wine. If you are a wine person, this is not the place for you, because your only choices for a red or white were from Chile and Mexico, none of which were good. You could get other wines but they were not included in the price of the all-inclusive.
The food at the buffet was generally good. The lobster restaurant was not all that great, lobster was overcooked and very tough. The Japanese restaurant was good, but do not expect to be able to order sushi from the table, only able to get sushi if you sat at the sushi bar within the restaurant. The Italian restaurant was mediocre at best. Pasta was cooked to mush, parmesan crisps in the salad was like eating leather. The Mexican restaurant was not good!! IN Mexico, you should have good mexican food, and someone needs to teach the bartenders how to make a margarita. Oh and the Mexican restaurant does not have salsa for tacos......they looked at me like I was crazy......not sure what all that was about.
Shows were ok......some of the late night things scheduled, such as disco night were not held.....no announcements, just not done.
The staff do work very hard to make sure you were satisfied, and were accomadating......All in all though, the restaurants need more staff, and they need to taste their food before they serve it, because they would not be bringing some of those plates out if they did.
You were unable to get food at the pool or the beach......just nachos, empanadas, and 2 other things.....which were gross by the time they got to you. Not even able to order a shrimp cocktail anywhere!!
If you like wine and great food this is probably not the place for you! It is a beautiful resort with a great beach & great pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico