Stayed at the resort from 5/3 to 5/9/13. We went thru Vacationista.com to book the trip, getting a great price on a Jr. Suite and included a $100 spa credit. Went with Cancun Shuttle to the resort from the airport. Recommended over the resort's offer of transportation (less than half price). No issues during the quick and easy check-in, offered a half price upgrade on an ocean view room, which we declined. Room was very nice and spacious with the two person jacuzzi tub (which took forever to fill due to low water pressure), fully stocked fridge and the usual animal type towel art on the bed. TV has some "surprises" on three channels, be prepared! Very clean room and stayed that way throughout the week.
The property is very large and spread out. Lots of walking, which we found enjoyable, since the grounds are immaculate.
The food was excellent. We we able to visit the French, Mexican, Italian and the Lobster Pot twice, We also had a great Mexican buffet at the theater one night. Every restaurant was incredible, food and service were excellent at each. The French (L'Alsace) was our favorite. Baked Alaska flamed at tableside was first rate. Breakfasts and lunches were all really good as the buffets had just about anything you would want. Service was great also. Restaurants were as good as any I have been to in the states.
Both pools are huge and very clean. The party pool was a lot of fun and had the music and games going all day. The quiet pool (behind building 7) is more of a lazy river type and we spent little time there as it felt like a library both days we went. If you want to nap at poolside, head to this one.
The beach was very spacious and had lots of spots to lay out, shaded and unshaded. Sugary white sand and extremely clean. We didn't take in any of the water sport activities at the beach, but it looked like they had a great selection of things to do in the water.
Entertainment was good. Saw four shows, the Mayan Fire Show at the beach, Elvis, Michael Jackson (both at the theater) and a Mexican show. Although I am not a big Elvis fan, it was a great show, as "Elvis" was really a dead ringer for the King. Mexican show was my favorite, very good musicians and audience participation.
The bars were all very good at making drinks and having a good amount of liquor in them. I was not impressed with the bar at the outdoor plaza. Mojitos were terrible there, along with a few other drinks, great at all others. The best bar, in my opinion, was the bar closest to the area where the golf carts pick up to shuttle to rooms. Not sure of the name, but you can get online there and there are comfortable chairs and sofas nearby. We didn't get to the cigar or sports bar, although we were able to enjoy a cigar in most areas. All the Pool bars and poolside service was awesome. Same for the beach bar.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Some of the hardest working people I have seen at a resort. Really enjoyed speaking with some of the staff. They really seem to enjoy working there and it shows with the level of service.
The resort has only one thing that stood out as a negative:
The Gym. Very, very small based on the size of the property. A couple of weight machines, a rack of free weights, some bikes, two treadmills and two ellipticals. Place was packed every day I went. Need an expansion to to make it a five star fitness center, equal to the resort.
Overall, the resort is a great value. We enjoyed every minute.
This was our third trip to Cancun/Rivera Maya and it was the best. We have a new favorite place in Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico