This is a very large and lovely place. We enjoyed our time here though it lacked in areas. Our room though large, needed drawer space and hangers.
We found the food just OK. I got bored after a few days with the buffet. The dinner menu was better. The lobster was very good. They gave you (2) large tails that were tender and sweet. Other then that, it was ok.
I found the tipping annoying (something that may be developing because we want to tip) but that is why I went to an all inclusive! This place was the worse. I felt the waiters looking for it. Annoying!
The large pool and cabanas were very nice. We brought "toys" so weren't concerned with the numb people who placed the floats under their empty chairs. The hotel certainly provided a healthy supply which I didn't expect from other writers comments.
Drinks were plentiful but so-so. Some were too strong, others weak. There were good liquors available just ask. They offerred drinks at every turn so that is never an issue.
Entertainment was sad but no place offers anything close to what we are use to.
We enjoyed our time there...The pool was beautiful, the people were very friendly and you could see many people worked very hard.
Bring pillows. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico