March 30, 2008 After returning from a l week vacation at the Valentin I am here to tell you there is nothing to complain about. We had absolutely not one problem. Yes I realize things do happen to some people but nothing is perfect and it doesn't take much time to correct if there is a problem. No towels-Just call and you will get them. The maids were in our building number 4 all day until 5:00. Anything to do with the room just ask. Room service was excellent. You have to realize your food is not going to be steamy hot and if you expect that you really need to go to the many restaurants. There was plenty of good food and if it was not enough just ask for more. It was no problem. The beach from my experience in the mayan the closer to playa del carmen area is the nicest. There are rocks but just take a look out into the ocean and it was amazing. Everything on a vacation is how you make it. Very elegant hotel and atmosphere. The hotel is really not that big. The walking is good for you and after you drink and eat a little bit of exercise doesn't hurt anyone. The rooms were beautiful and the beds were the BEST!!!! The staff through out the resort were very friendly, always a smile and a hello(aloha) we did not run into one grumpy or unhappy staff member. I really think that happy staff make the biggest difference in how you start and end your day and there are no complaints, Mexicans staff in every resort (5) we have been to are excellent. The recreation staff really did an awesome job with just their presence around the pool. Yes this resort is a 5 star and the little things that crop up can be corrected if you can keep an open mind. Just remember you are on holidays and mexico time is a very different from ours. This vacation was well worth the money and yes this resort will be alot more money next year at this time so enjoy now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico