We choose this hotel for our June 2011 honeymoon because we wanted an all-inclusive adults only resort in Riviera Maya and this seemed like the best choice.
We arrived in the middle of the night because our flight was delayed, and still treated like royalty with a glass of champagne and a drive to our room. We spent most of our days in the HUGE pool and at the swim up bar because the bartenders were great and there's where people seemed to socialize most. There was an entertainment staff there every afternoon with games and music, so it was always a fun time. The beach was nice also, but we preferred the pool most days.
The buffet was pretty good food, kind of repetitive though. We ate at both the Japanese and Steak restaurant and both were very good. We also went to a themed dinner show which was entertaining. We ordered room service a couple of nights and even that food was delicious. One small issue we had one day was the room service breakfast we ordered one day sent the wrong style of eggs, and didn't come back till an hour later while we were in the shower so it was somewhat embarrassing. They ended up sending a bottle of wine to our room to make up for it though.
The rooms were very nice and large, especially the bathrooms! The only complaint was that the in room refrigerator wasn't very cold, but other people there had the same problem and it was the same way at another resort we've stayed it. I think that's just normal but it's something that drives me crazy when I want ice water in the middle of the night!
We also got a spa treatment one day. We were scheduled for a body scrub, facial, and massage but my husband got sunburned so they switched his scrub to a longer massage. I think we paid about 300$ so it was pretty expensive, but we figured it was worth is since it was our honeymoon.
This resort was hands down the favorite place my husband and I have stayed yet. The staff is so friendly and you could easily enjoy your visit without even having to leave the resort. We're already planning our trip back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico