My partner and I just returned from a fantastic week at the Valentin Imperial Maya. This was a second time at this resort, and we loved it just as much this time around as we did the first time. Since it was his birthday we did splurge a little on the Golden Jr Suite. We were on the 3rd floor and could see the ocean from our balcony that also overlooked the pool. Very nice indeed.
One comment I will make is that, to my knowledge, all of the rooms have an in-room safe in them and we made sure all of our valuables were always in the safe... I would recommend this no matter WHAT hotel you stayed at, and find it foolish not to take advantage of this safety measure.
Now onto the food: I am not a food snob, but I would give the food 4 out of 5 stars. Some things need improvement but overall we was liked most everything we ate. We loved the French restraunt!
Service: Erika at the pool and Mariam at the buffet are AWESOME!! They always had a smile on their face and kept our drinks full. Mariam thought it was funny to offer us tequila shots at breakfast as we nursed our hangovers and by day 2 she already knew what we wanted to drink.... other than tequila.
We had several friends join us on this trip, and they all seemed equally impressed as far as we know. The location, the staff, and the overall experience was well worth the money!
Last but certainly not least, I want to commend the hotel on their friendliness toward the gay community. The ONLY person that we ever felt uncomfortable around was a jerk at a table next to us as we enjoyed a few drinks in the Plaza. We were not being loud AT ALL and were talking amoungst ourselves, but he managed to show his ignorance and was making rude comments... LOUDLY. Other guest noticed this and even "apologized" to us for his behaviour when he left. From the staff to the guests (except for 1) we always felt welcome and were treated with the utmost respect. Thank You All
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico