We came back to the Valentin for our second time. We went in August when the prices were lower so that enabled us to get the 'best' room in the place. We stayed in the Imperial Suite which was over 1000 square feet. The room was beautiful. The balcony had a jacuzzi. The bathroom was great. There was a 2nd bathroom by the front door. We couldn't have asked for a better room. The rooms are quite far back from the ocean so you do have an ocean view but it is quite a distance. The only rooms that are beach front are the Emerald Jr. Suites. So make sure you know that when booking. One of the reasons that we came back to the Valentin was because of the great food. Well, this time the food was just okay. I was very disappointed. The only restaurant that continued the great food and service was Le Marche, which is the buffet restaurant. This buffet surpasses any I have ever been to. The only problem is that it was never open at night so that was disappointing. A couple of nights we ordered room service, hoping that it would be better than the other restaurants, but it was just okay. Other than the food, our vacation was great. We had purchased the 'Privilege Package' which entitled us to private check in and check out, late check out, daily newspaper, small fruit bowl, lovely flower arrangement, minibar, beach bag, and RESERVED CHAIRS at the pool or the beach. That was our favorite thing about this package. It was nice to have reserved chairs everyday. However, on 2 days our name had been taken down so we did have to go and track someone down to get it back up. The resort is amazing. It is huge. The pools are lovely and huge. It is just a gorgeous resort. This is a resort for those who like walking. It's actually nice after a meal to walk back to the room and burn off some of those calories! There are golf carts to drive you around if you don't want to walk. There are large lizards that roam around. They are probably just smaller than a cat. There is also a Leemur on the property. So it's fun to watch all of these creatures. They do leave you alone and are scared of you. I would have to think long and hard if I had the opportunity to go back to this resort. I was really disappointed in the quality of the food but everything else was amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico