“LOved the Hilsha vestival!!”

Meridian Hotel & Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I haev sayed couple of timed to this hotel and few rooms which are my favourate. When I first stayed it was one of few hotels, with good services (2008), now the service has beeen detorated.

But I like the buffet dinner with good numbe rof options, particularly, their Hilsha (Ilish) festival. I have enjoyed the dishes with my foreigner colleagues and firends. Different dishes of hilsha is prepaerd considering teast for locals as well as foreigners, which I liked most.

The thing I really disspointed with this hotel is the Breakfast. its really very poor.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went there to break my fast after fasting for 12 loooooooong hours. but wen the food was served. the first spoon of food into my mouth. i had to spit itout. the fried chicken, god knows wat kind of oil was used to fry. plz dont cheat customers, plz respect their tastebuds..

2  Thank masum k
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Its a shame when you watch an old establishment lose its shine! This place used to be the king of restaurants in Chittagong not very long ago. But slowly and surely, age has taken over its status. The management is bored, and the servers don't care anymore. (Never been to the Hotel for any stays however).

Their food used to be the talk of the town a long time ago! Everybody and anybody wanted to go eat at the Meridian! There were times (during lengthy summer vacations) when I was a kid I would just go there to have the deep friend wontons and chicken Thai soup.

Recently been there to rekindle old memories. The memories were rekindled, but the taste buds receded in memory. The taste wasn't there. The soup was 'pansha', i.e. too watery and the wontons were drenched in oil and not crispy anymore.

This put me off a little bit, and I didn't bother eating anymore. (I went to Ambrosia instead). I did come back again, as a party guest and the food was decent. (so that might have been a one off, but still, as a top notch restaurant, that is unacceptable!)

Still, this place is regarded as one of the better places in Chittagong, where most of the restaurants have either bad quality management or no quality at all!

What they could do is up the price so the place wouldn't be so crowded and the right type of people go there! This would make the experience more pleasant.

Hope the management gets some of its old flair back, or gets changed all together. I wish they would serve the quality that they used to serve once upon a time. Hope you get this message Meridian Management!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Restaurant location is center of the city. Its called GEC circle. Restaurant is busy all over the year for its Great taste and service. I like its food but i dislike its crowded situation in all time.

1  Thank Azim1969
Reviewed May 15, 2012

There was a time, when Meridian was one of the few places for Continental food in Chittagong. Although I left Chittagong long time ago, but I still like to pay them a visit and get lost into nostalgia over old taste. I would say, there are better eat-outs in Chittagong now ... but Meridian is definitely in the top 5 of my favorites in Chittagong.