“The place to stay in Cajamarca”

Wyndham Costa Del Sol Cajamarca
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cajamarca
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The whole experience over a 3-day stay was very good. All areas/staff of the hotel performed very well. The restaurant is excellent and has a large window providing a great view of the main plaza opposite the hotel. The barman mixes great cocktails.
The rooms are to a high standard but they do not have aircon although we doubt Cajamarca gets hot enough at anytime to find it necessary. Free business centre/wifi and also free coca tea and coffee. A ver enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We assure you that we are taking into consideration your recommendations.
Thank you for staying with us.

Kind Regards

Silvana Cebreros

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights, from 1/4/12 to 1/12/12. Originally I book my stay in hotel Portales del Marques, but no taxi at the airport waiting for me, I requested the hotel for it. When I got to the hotel the room they have for me was like a backpackers dorm style terrible, looks dirty....so I got my bags and left to the Costa del Sol....explained to them the problem and they gave me a special rate for my long stay.

If you are traveling to Cajamarca for business and your company is paying for it this is the place to stay; excellent ! good facillities for meeting, business center, nice restaurant very good food, wi-fi etc. etc. every one very profecional and polite ready to serve you.
The rooms are confortable w/good size desk for work, good bed and a small frig, everyone is there to help you w/anything you need excellent staff
If you are traveling for vacation (like me) you are on the minority group, almost every one have a personal cp at the dining room, also you will be paying for all the amenities, facilities and confort moderate/expensive (worth it).
I stayed in 3 different room. The 1st room on the 2fl. facing the intirior where the pool is was very warm and no to much air circulation. The 2nd room on the same floor facing the street was good but w/nicotine smell...The 2nd floor is smoking floor (I didn't know) The 3rd room on the 3fl. no problems, clean, fresh, confortable no conplains.
The breakfast is included and is very good ....... it is true :) the chairs are a little unconfortable but the excellent service from the wait staff make you forget about the chairs (I remember Luis and Sebastian) and the rest excellent workers.
The front desk very good and profecional...they surprice me w/ a bithday cake deliver to my room on my birthday, that was very nice of them.
The location is great right next to the cathedral and facing the main plaza; they offer shuttle service from and to the airport free. At the airport access to the vip lounge.
I recomend this hotel for any one it is worth it

Room Tip: 3er floor is none smoking, rooms facing street are ok good view and not to much noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had an adventurous journey visiting my grandparents in a small town 3 hours away by car. This was the main hub and we decided to stay and explore Cajamarca before our flight the next day. We didn't know where to stay and started looking around. There are loads of hostals in the area and we checked one out, which felt unsafe (broken lights- loitering allowed) and was not clean. I think generally we like 3* and up hotels, but we've certainly stayed in less.

We needed to find an ATM and right in there at the Plaza de Armas, we found it. Is it expensive? For Peru, yes, very. Even if you're used to bargain hotel shopping (I'm talking rock bottom Priceline and Hotwire) it's a bit more than you've probably grown accustomed to paying. However, 2 complimentary drinks upon arrival, use of the VIP lounge at the airport while you wait for your flight and 2 complimentary lunches while you wait. Plus, shuttle to and from the airport and complimentary breakfast- I'd say it was worth every penny.

Not to mention hot water for your shower (hot water isn't always plentiful in Peru) and nicely appointed accomodations- I'd stay 4 star is the right rating. Service was top notch and there an attached 24 hour restaurant. Coming from NYC- I really appreciated this feature. It felt safe, secure- the location was prime for sightseeing the next day- be sure to climb those steps on Santa Appolonia Hill and check out the Inca chair- 1 sol admission, but view is worth it!
All in all, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is a church next door and you may hear some bells, but you just need to request a room away fr...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We sadly stayed only one night at this wonderfully appointed hotel set in the main square of a small city demanding a longer exploration. Our room was vast, the bed enormous and rounded off with great views over the square. There was also a sauna and jacuzzi in the bedroom. I have no idea what our tour company paid, but we really did enjoy this stay. We also stayed at their sister hotel in Chiclayo, which was not as good as this, but Costa del Sol do seem to run a very nice group of up-market hotels.

Oaklyn, Cheshire, England.

22.11.2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oaklyn
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Excellent location, helpful staff. Good food in the restaurant. Excellent gym with a spinning room and when I was there, there appeared to a be an informal spinning class. Restaurant has a nice view of the Plaza de Armas.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank toantarticaandbeyond
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Seemingly nice hotel, but many problems encountered. I stayed for 3 weeks on business. Food ordered from menu is very, very good and well prepared. However, service from nice, generally prompt waiters is very inconsistent - one day bread comes before meal, the next day not; salt/pepper not on table for breakfast; same salad one night is twice the size of salad the night before, etc. Breakfast is early (good for business people), but food is very ordinary and not up to standard of a 4 star hotel. Yes, there is room service, but I found no menu in room and had to go down to restuarant to order. Chairs in restuarant are about the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in !! Turn off music speakers in hotel room and music still comes out at low volume - annoying. Noise at 3:00am from dragging of chairs and tables on floor, likely during floor cleaning - not pleasant. Other noise also not pleasant is related to hotel location and room selection: hotel is adjacent to both main plaza (road noise and occassional concerts, military stomping, etc.), and to church with bell that rings the time every 1/2 hour (unpleasant)! I have had the same water glass (used for teeth brushing) without replacement for over two weeks, and only one, yes one, sheet of note paper is placed on bedside table every day...why not a small pad of paper like even the cheapest hotels? To summarize, it is incredible that this hotel claims to be 4-star class.

Room Tip: get interior room with window, but no view to church bell.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank enelsonic
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This hotel is clean, well located right in the Plaza. Their breakfast was good not the best but good there is transportation to and from airport. Dining room has a nice view. Had lunch there the first time it was deliciouse ordered the Corden Bleu very good, and a salad (saltadito con tocino) deliciouse. The second day I ate there it was not good do not order pasta, not good at all. The reason why I stayed at this hotel was because I went to Hotel Las Americas and it was terrible DO NOT GO THERE it was disgusting dirty. So I wanted to try this hotel and it was CLEAN AND CLEAN BED AND ROOM.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business