“Good, but I definitely had better. My local fiancee was disappointed.”
Review of Restaurante Salas

Restaurante Salas
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Cajamarca
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My fiancee lived in Cajamarca for 10 years and used to love this place. Apparently, it´s not the same. I thought it was fine, and the price can´t be beat. But our food was just okay, and the service left much to be desired.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

...but not much better! Greasy raw fries, soups without any flavour and dirty plates!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

The humitas are so good. But most of the other dishes are bland and tasteless. Just ok if all the other nicer restaurants are closed. Of course if you are not used to the deliciousness of Peruvian food, you'll think its great. But food here has so much nicer flavors to offer!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Several people recommended Salas as the best restaurant in Cajamarca. The food was underwhelming. I had a very tough piece of meat that was grilled and under-flavored. Another friend had the rabbit which was also very tough and overcooked. The third member of our party had Caldo of Gallina which was prepared with rice and was the only dish I would have ordered. The ambient was nice but the tables were simple. My biggest complaint was that the restaurant was freezing. It had a really cool arched ceiling made of stone that was well lit.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I like it, nothig to dislike....I miss the # 2 Salas new location 1/2 a block from the plaza, it was close for vacation