“Plaza Inn Los Mochis the Best in Area”
Review of Plaza Inn Hotel

Plaza Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Los Mochis
Sun City, AZ
“Plaza Inn Los Mochis the Best in Area”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My third time staying at this hotel. Very Clean & Modern facility, rooms were nicely appointed with very comfortable beds. Hotel rates very reasonable and the staff was very friendly and accomodating to our needs and quick to point out sight seeing trips and all the great offerings in the Los Mochis area. Restaurant open late with top notch service and food offering was excellant, Cocktails were the best, additionally staff all spoke english, and always offered conversations of real substance, about the U.S or offering travel advice and places to see while travelling in Mexico. Really enjoyed my stay and will definately stay here again when travelling through this part of Mexico

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hgrman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The girls at the front desk offer the worse customer service. The place also doesn't comply with what they advertise. We had to argue with 3 different girls in order for us to get shuttle service back to the airport. The claim to offer free shuttle service from the airport and back and once you are there they wanted to charges is for the service. There was crickets all over the pool they obviously don't care cause there's an infestation of them. I found one in the pillow of the room. They don't always provide towels, not everything in the room works. There is nothing to do around there, it's dead! The guys on the other hand were very helpful. I will never stay at this hotel again it was a first and last for me. Quite frankly I don't think they care what people have to say about them.

Room Tip: I don't recommend it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Los Mochis hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Don't buy into their breakfast and airport transfers it's all bs It's cheaper to pay a taxi 100 pesos each way to and from the airport. I'm not sure why they claim to be a 5 Star hotel they are far from it. Things often don't work in the rooms after the cleaning crew come they often don't even leave you towels and if you use the swimming pool be prepared to swim with lots of crickets and there isn't anyone doing a daily maintenance to the pool. My daughter had to ask someone at the reception twice to have someone come clean out the bugs from the pool and they took their time to come. The reception desk personal is not very friendly or helpful. Apparently they do have a few rooms better than others but they don't tell you that. The only reason we found out is because we had a total of 120 people staying there for a wedding. Most rooms don't have a fridge or microwave. This was a first and last time staying here for me. If you don't mind staying in a motel 8 version then it's ok for the price but don't expect luxury the beds didn't even have a comforter

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Monica L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Everyone in this hotel treated me very well. But the hotel itself is doing great harm to pretty much guests and workers alike. Through Expedia I booked for a Single Deluxe King-sized Bed Room.

As I arrived everything was great, I was greeted and had my luggage taken care of without even asking. My reservation was there and I was taken to my room. Although there's no elevator working, I was given a room on the 2nd floor. Geez. The bellboy helped me upstairs but I'm guessing he had quite a bit of trouble with the bags. How can this be? The elevator doesn't work?
The entire floor was under some sort of repairs or maintenance, all day there was just SO MUCH NOISE. I'm glad I wasn't tired or ready to go to sleep, otherwise that would have been unbearable. So I'm in my room and I order some food from the Restaurant: Owens. Great place by the way, everything was very tasty. Anyway, I was outside of my room smoking and I see a waiter come out of the hotel, heading for the rooms on the courtyard.

He struggles to get to me, no elevator, repairs underway all through the hallway. So much noise and just...gosh, so stressful. My food gets to me, I tip the boy, head in, eat my steak, great stuff.
I humbly request a room change as the noise outside gets UNBEARABLE. After a long wait, they agree and they move me to another room. Long story short: A/C Doesn't work. I get changed to another room. The A/C works just fine, but there's a puddle under the A/C and the toilet isn't working. I get changed to YET ANOTHER ROOM, this time it's a "tower room" which, according to them is a 'better' type of room. It took 3 bad rooms to get the 'good room', geez.

The tower rooms are more private although more expensive, apparently. So I'm there. There's a carpet, nicer lighting, very very impressive in comparison! I prepare to sleep and I hear a loud trumpet, and then a loud bass and all of a sudden it's the 4th of July! There's LOUD music playing in the floor under my room. I go down and there's like, a party or a quincianera or something like that, there's a whole lot of people and a band and speakers. DAMN IT. So I go back to my room and just decide not to call the lobby. What's the point? they'll move me and I'll just have a new problem in the room or something.

The next day I wanted to complain even if it was just a little bit, I had the worst night ever, I mean, for a 5 star hotel I did not expect a rough night like that. I was told that the manager was not in the hotel. A few hours later, "he went out", and it was like this pretty much all day. He just wasn't there pretty much all day.

The hotel is in constant repair, there's so much noise everywhere, dust, dirt, all that mixed with the HEAT outside is just unbearable. The rooms were nice and clean, whenever there wasn't some sort of technical issue. Everyone was nice to me, great service but...the hotel itself is just holding back the great service it provides.

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation through their website, it's just trouble, according to them they do...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank John V
Chihuahua
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were there from july 19 to 28. This is a 5 stars hotel, but.... there was no regularity in the cleanning schedule. When there is a party in any of their ball rooms, is very, very noisy, and the after party finished at the parking lot and pool area until 7 am, so we could not sleep. Our room was invaded by small and black insects, like tiny beatles, and when we ask for assistence the only answer was, "sorry, is the season", and they do nothing. The problem is the maintenance management and pest control. Also there was misscomunication between front desk and one of the restaurants, so they gave us different information on service hours, so we lost breakfast at least one day. The other restaurant, Owens, is much better. very good service and meals. The hotel offers their vehicules for guest¨s service, but, again, we could not use it because it "was out of gas". and more, is expensivier than local taxis. About personnel, they are very kind , always with a smile. As a conclusion, this hotel does not deserve a 5 stars category, maybe 4.

Room Tip: it is difficult, because almost all rooms are oriented to the parking lot, but ask for rooms far fro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank certchih
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

On a recent trip through Los Mochis driving to Puerto Vallarta we stayed at the Plaza Inn. We were traveling with 2 dogs and it was the only place that accepted them in the city. I booked the rate on their website and the return email quoted the price in US dollars. We went to the restaurant in the morning for the free breakfast buffet that was advertised on the website and very surprised when given a bill for over $10 per person! After much haggling at the front desk at check out they refunded the breakfast but then at check out didn't honor the rate saying it was the conversion. Had at been the case the peso was over 14 to the dollar when I booked the rooms. That has not happened in the 5 years we've had our home in Mexico!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rdbaern
Mexico City
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed in Plaza Inn for one night after arriving with the Chepe. Pick-up at the train station was included in our booking, but the driver had a wrong sign in his hand so we could not identify him (this was not fun standing in the night at 10 PM with 3 children in Los Mochis.....) When we finally found him, he didn´t even say a word, very unfriendly!
Upon arrival, we received two rooms. In one room, air condition was not working, there were no towels and no remote control for the TV.
Service immediately gave us another room, which was ok, but not perfectly clean (many hair in the shower!). As we had to catch an early flight next day, they told us, that we could have breakfast at 6:30h. When we arrived, service was by far not ready, half of the food was not yet available, so we left without breakfast. The clerk at the reception was friendly, the rest of the staff not at all (we speak spanish, but obviously noone wanted to talk to us...).
The rooms itself are spacious and modern, although a little sterile. The rooms seemed new, but maintenance of various installations was already poor.
Plaza Inn is generally a good hotel, but there is room to improve. With a stricter management, this could be a really nice hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family