If you look at the rates to stay at Killarney Lodge, the first reaction is that it is very expensive. This is true, but you get what you pay for.
- A cabin facing Lake of Two Rivers with your own canoe (no TV or telephone)
- Fantastic gourmet food at breakfast, lunch and dinner (it gets better every year)
- A wonderful packed lunch (on request) that allows you to go on long walks without the worry of missing lunch
- A lounge with coffee, tea, cookies, magazines, games etc., that is open all day/night
- The nicest people that you could hope to meet who always make you feel at home and remember you a year later even though you only stay for a few days at a time.
- The ability to take your dog (as long as you stay at a Shoreline cabin)
- A prefect location in the middle of Algonquin park
- Memories to last a lifetime
The not so good
- The only negative is the cost but i believe Killarney Lodge is still the cheapest in comparison to other lodges in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge is located right inside Algonquin Park on a private peninsula on Lake of Two Rivers. We offer individual lakeside cabins, your own canoe, fine country dining and friendly personal service. Our central location in the Park provides a convenient way to explore and enjoy this lovely wilderness area in comfort and at your own pace. Walk or hike, canoe or bike ... There's so much to do. The spectacular Park Visitor Centre, the instructive Logging Museum and the stunning Algonquin Park Art Centre are each only minutes away. Attend one of the many interesting programs offered by Park naturalists, or let our knowledgeable staff here at the Lodge help plan an enjoyable day trip for you! Come join us ... In the heart of Algonquin Park. Eric & Poppy and all of us here at Killarney Lodge. (Pets accepted in limited number of cabins only - please enquire) ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Killarney Hotel Algonquin Park
- Killarney Lodge Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario