“Stayed in 2012”
Review of Bartlett Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algonquin Provincial Park
Bartlett Lodge
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Spent three nights in a delightful cabin. You don't need three meals because you'll be so full from eating the two meals they provide. Besides if they were providing lunch people would not leave and then miss out on exploring the Park which is also part of the experience. Our dinners were outstanding with my only complaint the lack of variety in the menu. By the third dinner, we found we had tried everything we wanted on the menu, so I am not sure how we would have made out staying there longer.

I saw the reviews that described running out of breakfast items and I must say that happened to us too on two of the mornings that we stayed there.

The location is beautiful, the cabins far from 5 star but quaint and the setting quiet. One disquieting thing was the housekeeping staff took our wine glasses thinking they were theirs. You have to bring your own wine and alcohol for that matter, so we naturally brought our own wine glasses.

I too was shocked at the pressure to tip on the entire bill at checkout. That was really off putting and will likely keep me from coming back because otherwise it was a delightful place.

Room Tip: Talk to them about what you are looking for, their recommendation suited us perfectly.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank meanderingtraveller

Reviewed July 4, 2013

After a thoroughly enjoyable stay last June, we returned this June for 4 nights and days of relaxation, lots of swimming & paddling in Cache Lake, bicycling an old railroad bed, and reading on our screen porch. But the food is the real star here. The breakfast choices run from homemade granola, strawberry & rhubarb compote, and yogurt to eggs and fabulous pancakes. Bring your own wine or beer to a 5 course dinner of innovative, creative dishes some complex and some ingeniously simple that kept us oohing and aahing each night. We're debating whether to return in June or September next year. By the way, you can't drive there - a boat picks you up and delivers you to the dock nearest your cabin.

Room Tip: All the cabins are a bit different but equal in amenities. Most of them overlook the lake which is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolAdirondacks
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights in the platform tents, and at first were a little skeptical of the price. We're campers, we've braved a little rain and bugs before, so why so much for a tent that happens to include a bed? I can assure you that our experience was definitely worth the price (and I have now been officially spoiled!). Comfy king size bed, fluffy pillows, blankets, a heater and even furniture in our tent made it homey and cozy. And a very clean, private washroom and shower was great!

The service from every staff member we received was personalized and felt like they really cared about what they were doing. The lounge with the board games was a great way to pass a rainy afternoon, and dinner was so good, we might return just for that sometime too. We skipped dinner our first night there, and regretted it after trying it on the second night. Definitely wish we could have eaten there two nights in a row.

Lots of great perks with Bartlett Lodge - swim docks, canoes, kayaks - with none of the hassles of loading a boat on your car or setting up your own tent. The entire experience made for a very memorable weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CdaTraveller
Reviewed May 28, 2013

In my youth I have canoed many of the wilderness lakes and streams of Algonquin Park; slept in a tent and eaten trail food. Now I am older and I still like to do Algonquin, but this is my preference. The Bartlett is a wonderful, welcoming place with canoes at the ready on-site if you feel like it. Or you can opt for a water taxi to the mainland and hike the many trails easily accessed off highway 60. But if you have done all that before there is a wonderful dock at Bartlett with an assortment of Muskoka chairs, a great place to just watch the lake and fellow guests come and go. There are also a couple of nice lounges with various game boards ( like we used to do as kids at the cottage ) or where you can perhaps strike up a conversation with fellow guests from around the world ( who would love to talk to a Canadian if they would approach ). For me the Bartlett is a place to relax and rewind, surrounded by the astounding natural beauty of Algonquin Park.

As reviewers before have stated, the cabins are clean, comfortable and functional
( not without a few quirks and glitches as you must expect ). But what sets Bartlett apart from anywhere else is the warm welcome from the owners and staff. You know you are at a place where everyone enjoys being there and enjoys having you join them. You are soon family at the Bartlett, and trust me this relative really knows how to throw down a spread. The meals are top quality--- like the best restaurant you have ever been to, but without the pretence of fine china, crystal glasses, and snooty waiters. No it is not inexpensive, but I have been to B&B's costing nearly as much, without the 5 star dinner, the lake and the recreational amenities included. I have been to few places as memorable and that leave me aching for a return. Give yourself or someone you love the gift of a visit to the Bartlett.

Room Tip: There are no bad choices. All cabins have their own charm and are clean and functional.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nairene
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to get away for the weekend. Came across Bartlett Lodge and booked a weekend. The price is a bit high however I did a bit of research and for the most part all the cottages and rentals were around the same price. Upon arrival I was pleased with the location and the layout of the place, very clear and cozy. Staff was absolutly amazing, very friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast and Dinner was included in our package. Food was amazing, its a fine dining experience. We had access to all of the boats, bikes etc on the lodge, all included in the cost along with the algonquin park pass and boat taxis rides over to the main dock.. This was an experience of a life time, enjoyed it very much. They are also located in Algonquin park so there is lots to do, alot of trails to explore etc...I would definitely recommend this place.. However price is a bit high but I do not regret booking at Barlette at all. You get what you pay for and I definitely got my money's worth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vic j
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I are very experienced travellers, as well as wilderness canoeists and campers. Algonquin is a touchstone for us, but the corridor is very busy with 'tourists'. Bartlett Lodge is our dream destination, and we look forward to our annual fall trip. The food is second to none, anywhere, period. The staff in the restaurant cannot be improved upon. The management team is highly visible, accessible and enthusiastic. The accomodations are perfect - just enough rustic, just enough refinement. To have this place in a setting like Algonquin is a dream. It's pricier than anywhere else that we stay - but well worth the price of admission. Put a canoe in the water and explore a little, and you'll be smitten too!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank R M
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It's a very romantic place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are great with a fireplace, more comfortable than I expected. The food was very tasty and unique, the service very friendly. It's a bit pricy but worth to stay. You can do some wonderful hikes around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Spring Lake Resort Motel and Restaurant
Riverside Motel Dwight
23 mi away
Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages

Been to Bartlett Lodge? Share your experiences!