“Great View of the HIGHWAY!”

Killarney Lodge Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The setting of this Algonquin Park Lodge is ruined by its proximity to the highway. You can see and hear the traffic. Also the food in the restaurant was mediocre and too many tables in the room made it crowded. The floor shook when the servers walked by and it was a big distraction having the kitchen door swing noisily each time a server enter the small dining room. Overall, this was overpriced and overrated and I would recommend Arrowhon to a visitor to the Park. I will also check out Bartlett later this summer. I will not be going back to Killarney Lodge. OK--this is small, but I love my morning coffee and the coffee was terrible! Had to stop in Wilno for a Cappuccino at the Red Canoe Cafe for my morning caffeine fix. Sorry to have to leave a review like this but I am being honest about my experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Killarney is a little close to the highway, but it is one of the friendliest, coziest lodges I've been to. The staff really highlighted the best activities in the park. The cabins are private and cozy, and the lodge restaurant is probably the nicest dinning room I've ever been in. There is no music (thank you! I love music, but not to cover chewing), but you can hear the forest. I watched hummingbirds feeding over coffee.

Warning. They may feed you to death. Huge portions; very warm and friendly service. And the tame chipmunks are about as cute as you could imagine.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed May 16, 2012

First went to Killarney Lodge about 45 years ago. We returned recently to find that it still serves hreat food, reasonably priced amid the great scenery of Algonquin Provincial Park.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

loved the service, the setting and the variety -and when we asked for little changes to what was offered, they were happy to oblige

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We had stayed at the lodge two years ago and have craved their blueberry pie ever since. We visited on Thanksgiving Day this year for an amazing turkey meal with the famous pie for dessert. The setting is absolutely beautiful, beside the lake with beautiful gardens surrounding. Inside the rustic beautifully decorated cabin the staff are warm and friendly and quick to please.

1  Thank blessedt0travel