“Best burger in ages”

Lake of Two Rivers Cafe & Grill
Description: The Lake of Two Rivers Store has a great assortment of fresh produce and fruit, fresh and frozen meats, dairy, groceries, drinks and ice. Don't forget your Algonquin Park souvenirs too! The store also features a full range of camping and fishing supplies from the best brands in the biz. The new Cafe & Grill is serving great gourmet coffee as well as hamburgers, french fries, pulled pork poutine, wraps, fresh salads and more healthy and gluten free options than ever before! Get a scoop of your favorite flavour of Kawartha Ice Cream or cool down with a milkshake! Mountain bikes are available for rental at the store. All of our bikes are mid to high end products from great brands like Specialized and Salsa, they are available in a variety of frame sizes and include a helmet in the rental rates. We also rent youth bikes and Trail-a-Bikes for the early years riders. How about a trailer for the infant or your extra gear? We rent those too! The Old Railway Bike Trail is easily accessible from the Lake of Two Rivers Store and is a great way to see the park from a new perspective!
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were recently visiting and holidaying in Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada. Stopped in at this place and I was very hungry. My husband put his nose in the air and said "I'm not eating here." AND he was really proven wrong but by the time he figured that out it was too late as there was a huge queue. I had the prime rib burger that I have to say was one of the best burger I have ever tasted. Just gorgeous. Chips (French fries) were hand-cut and homemade and delicious. Same husband ate almost all of my chips and kept saying how good they were and how surprised he was at the quality of the food. We met the manager Jerry because I mentioned how great my burger was. He is a really lovely man and explained to us how they are working hard to change things- to improve things. Definitely worth stopping for.

1  Thank TiggsMorton

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Check the soup of the day!Very tasty, I loved the beef soup, more meat than water! Also sandwiches, ice cream , drinks, etc, after a day of outdoor activities is the best place to recharge while waiting for your BBQ .;-)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went today late afternoon. Queuing for ice cream chaotic and disorderly. No clear process and poor service.

We waited for over 15 mins and then even though lady in front of me in the queue paid and was served at the ice cream counter by a helpful young lady, the older man who had eventually come to try and help reduce the long queue could only "scoop" and expected me to go and pay at the food counter till and rejoin the ice cream queue. Worst customer service ever in Canada, he could easily have taken my money and put on another disposable plastic glove but clearly could not be bothered. Never experienced this sort of couldn't care less attitude since a bad experience in France. He reduced the size of the queue, I left.

I gave up on the madness and discourteous attitude and went to Canoe Lake. Same ice cream, good orderly and helpful service. Also much nicer surroundings away from the busy traffic to sit and eat it.

Also spent $150 in their gift shop instead of in Two Rivers shop.

1  Thank SkyeGlen
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! The staff are some of the nicest people I've ever met! The food is typical diner food, but it was soooo delicious! I had the ABC grilled cheese (apple, bacon, cheese). It was so yummy :) and my boyfriend had the cheeseburger, which was a lot better than what I was expecting! It tasted really fresh and high quality. The fries were excellent as well! I will come here every time I visit Algonquin Park!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

good place to pick up supplies and a quick to go meal when you're in the park..really like the buffalo chicken wrap...:)

1  Thank Johnny N