“Wonderful place”
Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We visited Evason Ma'In Hot Springs and without question one of the highlights of our trip.

The hotel is beautiful inside with lovely helpful and friendly staff. The hotel room was excellent and the bed was very comfy, with a fantastic view of the valley and waterfall. Every meal I had was delicious.

Having stayed at the Movenpick beforehand and my girlfriend gotten sick from the food at the Movenpick, the staff at the Six Senses hotel were very helpful and caring. I cannot say thank you enough for their help getting her to hospital when things turned from bad to worse.

The spa at the Six Senses is amazing, it has natural hot springs and very relaxing surroundings, I had two excellent Oriental massages while I was there - I would recommend going for the full 90 minutes.

Definitely worth making part of your trip to Jordan / the Dead Sea.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear RobertSindall,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

First of all it was a pleasure welcoming you at Evason Ma'in. We are glad to read that you had a memorable stay with us, which is our main goal. We are also glad that your girlfriend is feeling better. We hope that her next stay will be a more enjoyable one.

Thank you for the nice comments on the food, employees and spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future to try more of our experiences. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The only Middle-Eastern Six Senses resort, Evason Ma'in is a place you would not wish to leave. The General Manager, Raed Rabie is great in welcoming personally guests and making their stay comfortable. The SPA, located 300 minutes further in the wadi (they will take you by car unless you want to walk: but make sure they understand your choice or you will end walking in slippers in the narrow private road... In my case I received an apologetic 10% off my massage), is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! A hot natural waterfall from the wadi rocks enters the small hot water pool 38-40 C°, and on one side you have a natural "hot cave" (mind you head, it is really narrow) where you can enjoy the most natural ham am in Jordan. And, if you like being stretched in all your bones and muscles, try the original Tgai massage. The little Thai masseur Nutty is the best, and her eyes shine when you request the massage type she masters (Six Senses HQ are based in Bangkok). The food is healthy and tasty, at least for what I have tasted at breakfast, and the quality of local, often self grown organically, ingredients is very high. Chef Mohammad, I was told, is really passionate in reinterpreting Jordanian cousin in the healthiest way still respectful of tradition. I was there just one night, alas, too short! But if I may and can, I will surely come back! Shukran!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear dharmamaster61 ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

It was a pleasure meeting and welcoming you at our resort. I am very glad to read your feedback and I am happy that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you for your nice comment on the spa, we are glad that you had an enjoyable experience and benefited of the Thai massage and our natural thermal water. Chef Mohammad was also very happy to read about your comment on his food.

We really hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future and offer you more of our experiences. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have stayed at a few Evason/Six senses and have loved each and every one. The main buildings at Ma'in are charming and elegant, and the service is good too ( although in places could be improved). The rooms are very spacious - much better than some of the bigger chains along the dead sea - and the overall ambience is just great. As others have said - it is very quiet - but that is what we like. The main restaurant staff are lovely and try their hardest to accommodate your wishes. Special mention for the Indian buffet which was particularly good. We were disappointed that one of the waterfalls and pool was not open, but the main pool and the hot springs were - and we spent a lot of time at the small waterfall behind the Spa - where we were the only ones. We did have a few issues - which we discussed with the management , who were kind and courteous - but they were more about little improvements rather than anything major. They even emailed us when we returned - which i think shows their commitment to improving on the little things.

This hotel is a good romantic hideaway for those who like to be off the beaten track.

A special mention for our fantastic room attendant who created the best animals out of towels!

Room Tip: Have a car , as the cost of transfers and trips is a lot
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StartARS

Dear Mr. StartARS ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay. I was happy to receive your feedback during your stay and upon check out and we thank you for your notes which will definitely enhance the level of our service to meet our guests' expectations.

Again, we apologize regarding the closure of the main waterfall, but as explained it has been closed for around 4 years due to force majeure.

We are glad that you liked the atmosphere and concept of our resort which is meant to be a getaway from the busy daily life and return back to nature. Furthermore, Thank you for your comment on room service staff and we are glad that you liked the simple decorations made in your room.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Location is very nice... very secluded
The staff are very friendly and helpful
a little too expensive for the offering
the down side is that it was EMPTY ..
the Pool area is a distance away from the Hotel.... (not encouraging)
however if you want a place to just relax and get away from the city.. its perfect...
the food was good... but not great...
probably a 4* .... not necessarily a 5* hotel
all in all is a good experience...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElesarA

Dear ElesarA,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on your stay with us. We are glad that overall your stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you for your note regarding the prices and food. For the prices kindly note that they are within the range, also, our prices are inclusive of 16% government tax and 10% service charge (which is more than a quarter of the price.

Regarding the swimming pool, kindly note that we have shuttle service available at all time for guests who do not wish to walk to the swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very nice hotel. Lovely helpful and attentive staff.

Range of breakfast foods are limited and occasionally not freshly replenished from the day before, but enough to find something you like or that will suffice.

WARNING - Hotel Driver who shuttled us to the Dead Sea suggested we stop by the factory outlet for Dead Sea beauty products. We haggled over two creams and were finally given a further 20% discount from their suggested price. ON OUR RETURN TO THE AIRPORT WE FOUND THE SAME PRODUCTS IN DUTY FREE FOR 1/3 PRICE WE PAID (including the so called discount) Outrageous! Do not buy from here, its a complete rip off! I can only guess the drivers are paid to entice you into the shop.

I'd advise anyone to visit Jordan. It is a beautiful place. The people are very friendly and are forever trying to be very jolly - especially those expecting you to give a great tip for their happy demeanor.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cathy B,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for giving your feedback on your stay.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as you were hoping. However, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future and offer you a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have visited Main with the famly last september and the weather was great. Reception/Restaurant staff were friendly but they do not seem to have the experience necessary for such a hotel. We've asked for two baby beds but they've arrived very late. Rooms are nice and overlooking the Spa but the AC do not seem to be control-able, You'd either need to switch it off completely or keep it cooling at 18C which caused us to freeze! Hot Springs are beautiful and very well taken care of. We had dinner at the Brown Bar and the food was just OK, nothing special really and the prices are high for such bar-food!!! However, Breakfast is delicious and rich and the staff at the restaurant are efficient and they serve with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Saif1979 ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us during your vacation. Your feedback allows us to assess our performance and address the areas which need enhancing in order to meet our guests’ satisfaction.

We appreciate your note regarding the A/c, it was addressed immediately.

I am glad that you enjoyed the overall experience with us and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future and offer you a better experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here at the recommendation of our tour company and thought it looked ok but we were pleasantly surprised and wished we had more than one night here. It was everything a 5 star resort should be with luxurious interior design and spacious rooms. Also less than one hour from Amman.

The many bar/restaurant areas made it hard to choose where to eat and breakfast was incredible. We took the hotel shuttle to the Panorama restaurant for dinner and also really enjoyed that.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to try the hot springs but we did go for a short hike above the spa area which was well worth while.

It was a bit odd having the hotel nearly empty but there was certainly a lot of space and many staff. The staff were incredibly attentive and knew what we needed before we did. Hope to make it back one day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_Whales

Dear Rachel_Whales ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

It was a pleasure that we had the chance to welcome you at Evason Ma'in and we are glad that we were able to offer you an enjoyable experience.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel concept, outlets and food. We hope that on your next visit you will have the chance to enjoy the unique thermal pools and our spa treatments.

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah
Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!