“Amazing Place”
Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good service, very friendly staff food was good a bit expensive though. Nice room view (2 waterfalls). Big rooms fully equipped (iPod/iPhone dock)! Amazing terrace. Overall it was an amazing experience!!Thank you Evason for a wonderful stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor view is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shiyyab
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Shiyyab,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on your stay.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to offer you the experience you were looking for.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at our resort and offer you more of our experiences. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

After touring Jordan for 8 days, we came here to relax and to celebrate my 60th birthday and our 40th wedding anniversary. We had booked a table at the Panorama restaurant in England when we booked the holiday. The hotel provides transport to get you there and even though you have to go at 6pm (which is a bit early for us ) it is well worth it. When you walk on to the terrace the view is absolutely fantastic! Across the Dead Sea you can see Palastine and when the lights start to come on they are the lights of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. After we had had our starters and main course the lights went down and all the waiters and chef came out with a cake and singing Happy Birthday . It was a beautiful cake and I was quite over-whelmed, it was a lovely gesture and I shared the cake with the children of some local families who were dining there, who also made it a special night for our celebrations. Back to the Evason hotel, we were treated very very well, nothing was too much trouble and all in all I was treated to three more cakes and had fruit and desserts in our room. We were given a room on the6th floor and the sunsets were wonderful. I had a facial done at the spa and can say it was probably the best I've had and I've had facials in a lot of countries. All the staff were very friendly ,helpful and made our stay there brilliant! Yes the food was not 'up there ' like some 5 star places but it was good plenty of choice and if you asked for something they did not hesitate to get it for you. I mentioned that I liked fruity curries the night before Indian night and they had got one ready for me when we went for dinner. Once again thank you Evason for a wonderful stay at your hotel!

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eisus
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Eisus,

Warm greeting from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Evason Ma'in to celebrate your birthday and anniversary and I am extremely glad to read that we were able to create memorable moments for these special occasions.

Your feedback motivates our teams to excel even further in their performance to ensure that our guests are always given individual attention and offered unique experiences at Evason Ma'in.

Once again, thank you for your nice feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcoming you back at Evason Ma’in in the near future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stunning place, good service, food was good not exceptional but overall good.
Nice view from west side room. Room was big and cozy nice to sit on the balcony and watch sunset. Friendly staff.
Breakfast good

Room Tip: Strange but stunning place location
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anangiulli,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Spring!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay.

We are glad to read that we were able to offer you an enjoyable experience and we ope that in the future you will be able to try more of our experiences.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the resort over the Eid holidays. Was pretty crowded and there weren't enough tables for breakfast and dinner buffets. The dinner buffet in particular was overpriced at 30++ JDs with very average food. The pasta was not fresh and the rice was cold. Barbecue was the only saving grace of the buffet. We also tried the ala carte menu for lunch. Though the food was better than the dinner buffet, yet nothing stood out.
However the location is beautiful, the rooms are well furnished and clean. The staff is helpful and courteous. We used the hotel bikes and cycled around the resort. Great scenic location... if only they could improve the quality of food.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sadia S

Dear Ms. Sadia S,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay.

We are sorry to know that your stay with us was not up to your expectations and that you did not enjoy the food offered in particular. We addressed your notes to ensure that we elevate the level of our food to meet our guests' satisfaction. However, I would like to clarify one point regarding the pasta, please note that the pasta we offer is homemade and at the buffet we cook it in front of our guests upon request with fresh ingredients.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future and offer you a more enjoyable experience. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed a weekend night at the resort with an understated and quiet bedroom on the 6th floor all in dark woods and cooling shutters. Given that it was low season we expected it would be quiet and it was.

The food in general was good. We had the Mediterranean night buffet at dinner and it was somewhat mixed. Much of the food in fact is not Mediterranean at all (e.g Chinese fried rice, lamb kebabs, tiny burgers in a pasty brown gravy, and several other main items. There were some nice grilled chicken and succulent hammour fish on the buffet. What Med country services hot dog stir fry?. There was nothing on the dessert buffet that could be called Mediterranean with the possible exception of a well prepared crème brulee. A strawberry cheesecake type concoction was clearly made largely from packaged non-dairy whipped topping, whose primary ingredient is vegetable oil, mixed with a little gelatin---it bore no relation to cheesecake as we know it and left a nasty greasy aftertaste on the tongue. Some mini pate choux éclair were nicely done. The idea of these internationally themed evening buffets is good for family-style resorts such as those on the Dead Sea but seem out of synch with the Asian inspired minimalist design of the complex. And for JD 30++ per head the buffet needs to be truly special and was not. Others have commented to us about the ersatz Indian and Mexican themed buffets, and one can just imagine what they must be like -- the credibility of a hotel like this should be marked by authenticity and creative use of local ingredients. The bottom line is that you should offer what you can execute well. The breakfast was fine, nothing great, but adequate. We were impressed by the quality of the fresh fruit on the buffet, obviously these were all hand selected.

The spa facilities were OK. Although we did not have time for a special treatment, we found the pools generally OK. A facility advertising itself as a spa needs to offer better features. The large swimming pool was nice but was like every other swimming pool-- the warm water pool was OK, though inadequately maintained and the furniture and surround were very scruffy---the resort it cries out for special water features such as those one can find at the Zara spa at the Movenpick Dead Sea hotel just a few miles away: e.g. massaging jets of water of varying strengths and velocity. The men's changing room was converted from a set of toilet stalls and like much of the resort, could benefit from much better maintenance - it does not take much effort to retile and paint the stalls so one does not feel like he is changing in an old toilet. Still, one felt in awe of swimming in the pool while staring up at the dramatic rock landscape and imagining the Ma'in oasis must have been like 2000 years ago by earlier visitors.

The staff were all excellent, friendly and polite. It was a pleasure to be able to go to a luxury resort in Jordan and for once find it staffed with trained Jordanians (apart from a few Thai staff at the spa) and not by imported labor from Philippines, Egypt, former Soviet Union countries, etc. We wondered if this is part of a deliberate policy to train and employ Jordanian staff--if it is, it is a policy we wish more hotels in Jordan would emulate.

Overall it was a pleasurable experience, a chance to unwind and escape from the hectic nature of Ramadan.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. RJCardinalli,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay. We hope that overall you had an enjoyable experience with us.

We are sorry to know that the food was not up to your expectation as we usually receive very good feedback on food from our guests. For our themed nights all buffet items match the theme with focus on using the available local organic ingredients wherever is possible. For instance, for Mediterranean buffet we offer Italian live cooking stations with rich condiments and our handmade pasta which we cook in front of the guest upon request in addition to the grill with rich variety and ready to eat buffet items. For pastry section, as per our standards it is not allowed to use gelatin, artificial colors, white chocolate or canned food in our ingredients, we use organic items and high quality ingredients, the cheesecake served is baked cheesecake

We are proud that we serve authentic food in our resort, for example "Olive" restaurant serves the Zarb and Panorama restaurant which serves the local cuisine plus middle-eastern cuisine. Several items in our menus are inspired from the local area.

We are glad that our staff's performance was up to your expectations. It is a policy that Six Senses follows overall the world to concentrate on recruiting local staff as much as possible.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is located in a remote area (hot springs in the valley). We were upgraded with a suite with waterfalls view. Good points are : the view, the food and service, the spa. For the cons, I would say : front desk service which is really not professional and does not care at all (the guy had his phone ringing when I was asking questions to him and he did not listened to me). They forgot to deduct a spa voucher on our bill so we had to tell them (again) we had a spa voucher they should deduct. The spa service and staff are awesome. The new pool they have built is ok but prefer the pool at the spa or behind the spa, even if the water is hot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShenMueFan
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear ShenMueFan,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the upgrade offered to you and that you liked the view of your suite, the food & service and the spa.

I apologize regarding the inconvenience caused regarding the spa voucher, however, I would like to clarify that while one of our receptionists was making the check out procedure for you, the Front Office Manager interfered to assist and he was on the phone speaking to the spa regarding the same issue (spa voucher). Nevertheless, we apologize if you found this to be inconvenient in any way.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back with us in the future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived at the Evason Ma'In around 9-10 pm. Royal Jordanian Airlines had helpfully rescheduled our carefully chosen mid-day flight to arrive at 6.45 pm. So we had to pick up our rental car, and drive to the hotel in the dark. If you try to do this, there are two tips. One - take the hotel's advice and drive via the Dead Sea. We decided to try our luck via Madaba, and it was very confusing. Two - don't be afraid to stop people and ask for directions. They were unerringly helpful and most spoke English.

So when we finally pulled up outside the hotel, we were very relieved. We were equally pleased with the hotel. Yes, it is not in a major town or on the Dead Sea, but this is precisely why we loved it, and specifically why we booked it, as the Dead Sea resorts sounded unappealing. I loved the drives in and out of the wadi to the Dead Sea - the drama of the landscape was incredible.

And coming into the hotel was like arriving at an oasis. I really liked the decor in the public areas, and the rooms were perfectly comfortable, and very spacious. Our only complaint in the rooms was that you are in a desert, the hotel information advises you a) to keep hydrated, and b) says the water is not drinkable, and yet you are only given two small bottles of drinking water. After years of travelling in Asia where water is provided freely, this surprised us.

Arriving late, and without dinner, we were pleased to be able to eat at Brown's Bar (open till midnight). The steak sandwich was delicious, the bread soft and the steak very tender. And the service was friendly.

The restaurant settiing was a surprise and delight the next morning. Breakfasts were extensive. I was surprised to read's someone's comment that they were disappointed. They made excellent French Toast, and there was a wide selection on offer, as you would expect in a five star resort. Likewise the buffet dinner was enjoyable, with the salad selections particularly pleasing.

Note: We did not go to this hotel to use it as a spa, and we didn't experience the spa or the public springs, so can't comment on that. And our major disappointment was the swimming facilities - the one close to the hotel was closed, and the "new pool" over by the waterfall is a long walk from the hotel when it's 40 degs C, and it closes at 6 pm, when the sun was still high in the sky. A swim in the evening after a long day out sightseeing would have been perfect, but wasn't possible.

Aside from the two issues I've noted, we were in fact very pleased with this hotel, and would recommend it, provided you know exactly why you are choosing this hotel (as we did), and are not expecting yet another bland, chain hotel, or a resort on the Dead Sea.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaNZ

Dear LindaNZ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and we are glad o know that your stay with us was memorable and enjoyable. We are very happy to read that you liked the location of the resort, the atmosphere, the decoration, food and the resort concept as an escape from stress of daily life and to be more connected with nature.

Thank you for your comments regarding the water and the pool timing, they will be addressed soon. I have one note regarding the new pool,

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back with us in the future and try more of our experiences. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!