“Refinement with mixed success” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
“Refinement with mixed success”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Evason is a boutique resort about 20 mins from the main stretch of Dead Sea resorts. It was the beginning of the low season when we visited and the place was deserted. A good choice if you want to be more private, quiet, and is willing to pay the price, which is on the high side for what it offers. On the other hand, they have no access to the Dead Sea so you either need to make another stay at the coastal resorts (which we did), or do a day trip to the seaside.

The best thing about the hotel is the private waterfall and hot springs. We tried the one in the spa, which you either pay to go in (not worth it), or you do a treatment and get to use it for free. The spring is not big, but with the natural waterfall and the cave which they use as a "natural" sauna, is definitely unique. There is another waterfall which you can see from the hotel restaurant, giving it some amazing view. As others have said, the food is very good.

The reason this place feels overpriced comes down to the service and management. The junior staff seems clueless, but the senior ones were excellent - great recommendations and very personal service. And they go out of the way to make amends when things didn't go right - and there were a couple of those while we were there.

Overall, not sure I would go back. If I want a high end resort, the service has to be faultless. For the Dead Sea, I would stay at the seaside resorts to get that full experience. But if you want to be away from the maddening crowd, this could be the place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank C C
Raed_Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear C C,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on your stay. We are glad to know that, overall, you had an enjoyable experience.

We are glad that you enjoyed our Six Senses Spa, the food and the service of the senior staff. On the other hand, we are sorry that the service of the junior staff was not up to your expectations nor up to our Six Senses standards, your note was addressed immediately with the service team.

As mentioned in your review we do not have direct access to the Dead Sea which is around 25-minute drive from Ma'in, however, we offer private excursions and / or transfer to our guests if they would like to visit the Dead Sea during their stay.

I hope that you can visit us again in the future and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We only stayed here as it was part if our grand tour if Jordan..
We as travellers would never have booked this as its miles from anywhere and expensive for what it is, the setting is lovely, but the springs were so dirty and disappointing, the public springs were even worse, full of the locals, and disgusting.
The one for guests of the hotel, were filthy and not inviting, in fact the water was freezing..totally pointless, unless you wanted to spend another £100 plus to get massages and better cleaner springs, but on too of the price it would be to stop here it's totally ridiculous!!
The pool also was freezing, and you couldn't get round it for the locals and about 20 screaming children!!!!
The rooms were tired faded and not very clean, the bathroom in the morning must have been about 100 degrees, as it had massive big windows and pointless warped dirty plantation shutters...
On the plus side we had a lively dinner , food was excellent, apart from the kids running about screaming!! Breakfast was disappointing!!
Glad we only stayed there one night...interestingly it's not part if the tour anymore...probably because its overpriced and over hyped!!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Phil M ,

Warm greeting s from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

We would like to thank you for posting your feedback on your stay with us and we are sorry to know that your stay was not up to your expectations.

I would like to point that the public waterfalls are open for the guests coming for the public area, however, they can be exclusively used by out hotel gests daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. Regarding the pool behind the spa, we apologize that the water temperature was not high enough for your use. Moreover, please note that you can use the spa facilities for 38 JD inclusive per person without being obliged to book a treatment, if you book a 60 minute treatment or more, however, the use of spa facilities will be free of charge.

We are glad that you liked the food offered on dinner time and sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast.

One more note regarding the price, please note that our prices are within the range compared to our competitors in the Dead Sea area, please bare in mind that our prices includes 10% service charge and 16% government tax (a total of around 27% of our price.

Once again we apologize for not being able to meet your expectations and we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in and offer you a more enjoyable and true Six Senses experience.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

One of the oddest hotels we have ever stayed in. It might have been that after travelling and experiencing the best Jordan has to offer, this was a bit of a shock. The environment is Buddhist, meets Arabic, meets your dads garden shed. Lying in bed this morning and looking at the furniture, the style is rough, unpolished and stained with what looks like garden creosote from on our fence. We both felt either we were missing the BIG idea or this was too trendy for us.

The service is obsequious as opposed to attentive. When does 'waiting' become 'stalking'?We could not tell if the reception staff in particular where being sarcastic or genuinely did not understand simple requests like - can we have our passports back?

The food is okay, but with so few people staying here and their commitment to recycling, we did not want to chance much.

The setting is lovely, but I would not stay here again. I cannot in my mind understand the Asian influence, basic nature of the hotel then treatments in the spa costing £100 etc. so in short, for us the Evason chain has not got the concept right and we have come away not knowing what this is supposed to be, or for whom, but clearly it is not for us and we would not come back when there are so many other choices in Jordan with much clearer and cleaner brand identities.

Room Tip: Not sure what advice to give here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jumana A, Reda Rabie, General Manager at Evason Ma'in Hot Springs at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Jantreg ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

First of all we would like to thank you for giving your feedback on stay with us which will give us the opportunity to address our weakness areas. I would like to clarify some points regarding, we, as part of Six Senses, focus on the natural aspect and on returning our guests back to the nature away from the daily life stress. Therefore we use natural materials in all hotel areas, i.e. rooms, restaurants, spa, etc.... We concentrate on delivering the Asian hospitality with a touch of local hospitality.

Regarding your comments on the service and food, we are sorry to read your comments on the food and the service which surely does not reflect our standards, as can be seen in the previous comments from our guests on trip advisor, and it was addressed with the food and beverage manager to avoid such issues in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience with the reception.

East Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for just 1 night as part of a Jules Verne tour of Jordan. This 5-star designer spa hotel has a great first impression but you soon see that it's tired and a bit tatty. This especially applies to furniture in both the rooms and pool area, some of which really needs to be replaced. The free hot waterfall isn't hot and the water was rather dirty: we didn't go in. The Evason spa costs 25JD (about £25) to enter even if you're a guest. A 3-hour treatment was about £270, although they waive the spa entrance fee for that! The high point was dinner. The food was excellent and the service the best that we experienced in Jordan. Overall the hotel doesn't live up to expectations - maybe that's why Jules Verne have removed it from future tours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jumana A, Raed Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mbanlaby ,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for visiting our resort and for posting your feedback on your stay. We are sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. We are sorry that the pool behind the spa was appropriate to use during your stay, we have regular cleaning schedule for the pool as the hot water and minerals cause algae to appear all the time. Regarding the spa treatments we have a variety of treatments that starts from 70 USD. If you book 1 hour treatment or longer, then the use of spa facilities will be free of charge.

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed both food and service.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

One of the best resorts we stayed at in Jordan. Service was absolutely wonderful from check-in to check-out. There was absolutely nothing the staff wouldn't do to accommodate your stay. On check-in we were given a tour of the hotel and it's facilities and were escorted to our room. Knowing that the better view was to the east with views into the Jordan valley, I asked if we could be relocated to this side and the front manager was only too happy to oblige. The first thing that strikes you with this resort is the incredible attention to detail in their furnishings and beautiful local crafts strewn throughout the hotel's hallways and common areas.

The views from our room were amazing with views through the ravine into the Jordan valley and of course, the beautiful waterfalls and sheer mountains surrounding the hotel. We enjoyed the dinner buffet which incorporated foods from all around the world and the quality and selection would satisfy even the most discerning diner. The attention to detail in the preparation and presentation of the food was flawless and the food was devine.

Probably the most incredible breakfast buffet I've seen in my travels. Huge selection and absolutely scrumptious! Again, fine details such as the hanging honeycomb with lovely timber surround, no labels on any of the food because you're encouraged to enquire and therefore interact with the wait staff. Various fruits in front of the juice area rather than labels - you can really tell there's been a lot of effort put into the design of their breakfast and I really appreciated that.

My only gripe of our entire stay was lunch at Browns Restaurant where we ordered a delicious chicken curry but only received a measly 5 small cubes of chicken for $26USD which I thought was a little mean and the chicken was rather fatty and looked like off-cuts. Such a shame because the curry itself was brilliant!

Overall, I cannot recommend this resort more highly and if anyone is heading to the Dead Sea in Jordan I suggest a stop-over here on your way; you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John P
Dear John P,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

First of all it was our pleasure to welcome you at our resort and we are very glad to know that we were able to offer you a unique and memorable experience which is our main and sole aim at Evason Ma’in.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the room, food and service. We passed your compliments to the entire team to encourage them to keep up the same spirit when serving our guests.

Thank you for your feedback on the Brown Bar experience, we passed your note to the Executive Chef in order to take into consideration.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back with us in the future and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Evason Hot Springs is a terrific hotel--absolutely lovely. The staff is exceptional and location, great. You can access the Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Wadi Musa, and so much of what Jordan has to offer right from the hotel. All of my excursions were meticulously planned with good dining options and great guides. If you are lucky enough to stay here ask for George; he is an exceptional guide/driver. Additionally, do not miss the spa, even if that is not necessarily your thing. The natural hot springs and lounging area are a perfect place to read and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the waterfall.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Smarch1313,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

It was an honor for us that we had the chance to welcome you at Evason Ma’in and we are always happy to read that we were able to offer you an enjoyable experience at Evason Ma’in and in Jordan.

We thank you a lot for your kind review and for what you posted on twitter as it allows other guest to learn about the service that we offer from an objective point of view.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back with us in the future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

ATL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had some difficulty deciding on a 3 or 4 star rating however, the locale of the hotel tips it over in favor of the 4. The hotel is located, it feels, on a canyon with lush green around the property and hot springs (one private for the hotel and one accessible to the public in general). The hot springs are neat (the public one is hotter and better, IMHO).

The hotel is decorated nicely and the rooms are very nice. I like the use of wood in many of the spaces, including the wooden doors that serve as curtains in the rooms. The bathrooms are huge and modern.

I felt that maybe management was not clued in well on aspects of dealing with the customers (for example, I settled my bar bill in cash at checkout and then 10 minutes later the manager is looking for me in the lobby to see about me paying my bill; it was so small I didn't think to ask for a receipt). Also, there were issues with our groups reservations leading 3 guys to have to share a room. Not cool.

The restaurant buffet is quite diverse and the local specialties are the best part of the food. The wait staff did a phenomenal job in helping us try things and get things for us. The cooking line (where you place your order and then they bring it to you) was a little confusing with the guys not remembering or giving your food to others leading to minor chaos. The desserts looked great but were not impressive once you tried them. The restaurant and bar area was welcoming, warm and clean. Breakfast, though, was far better.

Wifi was available though it was spotty in my room (others did not have this problem). Wifi really good in the lobby.

So it is a mix bag but the setting, the rooms, and the lobby area along with the hot springs tip it over to a 4. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ilivetotravel_Raul
Dear ilivetotravel_Raul,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for visiting our resort and for posting your review on you stay with us. Such reviews allow us to address our weakness areas and enhance them to meet our guest's satisfaction. We are glad that, overall, we were able to offer you a memorable experience.

We are glad that you like our rustic and natural atmosphere as well as the food and service.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused upon check out, it was addressed with the Front Office Manager

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Isrotel Ganim
Isrotel Ganim
#1 of 17 in Ein Bokek
4.5 of 5 stars 656 reviews

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!