“the only spot to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
New York City, New York
“the only spot to stay”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Evason Hot Springs is a terrific hotel--absolutely lovely. The staff is exceptional and location, great. You can access the Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Wadi Musa, and so much of what Jordan has to offer right from the hotel. All of my excursions were meticulously planned with good dining options and great guides. If you are lucky enough to stay here ask for George; he is an exceptional guide/driver. Additionally, do not miss the spa, even if that is not necessarily your thing. The natural hot springs and lounging area are a perfect place to read and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the waterfall.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jumana A, Raed Rabie, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Smarch1313,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

It was an honor for us that we had the chance to welcome you at Evason Ma’in and we are always happy to read that we were able to offer you an enjoyable experience at Evason Ma’in and in Jordan.

We thank you a lot for your kind review and for what you posted on twitter as it allows other guest to learn about the service that we offer from an objective point of view.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back with us in the future. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
ATL
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had some difficulty deciding on a 3 or 4 star rating however, the locale of the hotel tips it over in favor of the 4. The hotel is located, it feels, on a canyon with lush green around the property and hot springs (one private for the hotel and one accessible to the public in general). The hot springs are neat (the public one is hotter and better, IMHO).

The hotel is decorated nicely and the rooms are very nice. I like the use of wood in many of the spaces, including the wooden doors that serve as curtains in the rooms. The bathrooms are huge and modern.

I felt that maybe management was not clued in well on aspects of dealing with the customers (for example, I settled my bar bill in cash at checkout and then 10 minutes later the manager is looking for me in the lobby to see about me paying my bill; it was so small I didn't think to ask for a receipt). Also, there were issues with our groups reservations leading 3 guys to have to share a room. Not cool.

The restaurant buffet is quite diverse and the local specialties are the best part of the food. The wait staff did a phenomenal job in helping us try things and get things for us. The cooking line (where you place your order and then they bring it to you) was a little confusing with the guys not remembering or giving your food to others leading to minor chaos. The desserts looked great but were not impressive once you tried them. The restaurant and bar area was welcoming, warm and clean. Breakfast, though, was far better.

Wifi was available though it was spotty in my room (others did not have this problem). Wifi really good in the lobby.

So it is a mix bag but the setting, the rooms, and the lobby area along with the hot springs tip it over to a 4. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ilivetotravel_Raul
Dear ilivetotravel_Raul,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for visiting our resort and for posting your review on you stay with us. Such reviews allow us to address our weakness areas and enhance them to meet our guest's satisfaction. We are glad that, overall, we were able to offer you a memorable experience.

We are glad that you like our rustic and natural atmosphere as well as the food and service.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused upon check out, it was addressed with the Front Office Manager

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Why stay at the mega resorts on the Dead Sea, when you can stay nearby at the wonderful Evason Ma'In Hot Springs Resort? The property is in a gorgeous Wadi with views of the amazing hot springs waterfalls. Soak in the private ones on the property, or go to the nearby public ones for a pounding back rub from the taller falls. A new swimming pool area is slated to open soon. You can quickly get to the Dead Sea or other nearby attractions, or just relax at the property. The expensive rooms have a dramatic close up view of the hot water fall. Other rooms may look into the valley at public falls (or spa's falls). Breakfast buffet has a nice selection of foods to choose from (international and local).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jumana A, General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear TommyMcCall,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for your kind review. We are extremely glad that we were able to offer you a memorable stay at Evason Ma'in and that we meet your expectations.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future.
On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything I can do; please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had such a fabulous time in Jordan, and we can't wait to visit the country again. It is truly stunning and the mountains and dead sea.....just unbelievable.

We enjoyed the Spa immensely and we both had excellent Thai massages. Very talented spa staff. The spa pool can get very busy and has lovely natural springs, so get there earlier in the morning to beat the local crowd.

The hotel itself is just okay, possibly a little dated even after its recent Six Senses refurb. Is it a 5 star? Not sure. Rooms are decent size, but a little noisy. Breakfast is good, but perhaps light on healthy options, and heavy on carb-y stuff.

We made the mistake of going on a weekend with a Jordanian holiday, so the hotel was packed and in actual fact there was nowhere near enough space at the pool, the spa, breakfast, etc. But then it lightened up as the weekend went on. Check the calendar before you book!

Faris the excursions director was lovely and arranged a great day for us going to the dead sea, madaba and mount nebo. The dead sea is soooooo amazing, just a fabulous experience,

We went one night to the dead sea panorama restaurant, which was nice. The sunset there and the view is gorgeous, and the food is good too. We didn't make the zarb night because we were too tired from travelling, but it also looks great.

I echo other reviewers that said the food at the hotel was a bit too pricey. Be warned that everywhere in the hotel, whatever price you see doesn't include a myriad of local taxes that are later applied. Service is mixed, but with very good intentions. All of the staff at the hotel were very kind and any mix ups are only because of language issues.

What makes it all worth it? The view, the setting, the location. Really, just stunning. As it is, none of the other hotels on the Dead Sea proper are that great - so my recommendation is you stay here and visit the dead sea as and when. Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in 203 at first - not good. Shares a door with the next room and very noisy, smells from t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LColey,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

The Evason Ma'in team is always happy to hear from guests. I am happy to read your review and I am glad that overall you where able to enjoy your time with us and visit the surrounding sites during your stay.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 days at this hotel SPA located in the mountains between Amman and the Dead Sea. The place sits at a bottom of a canyon in an oasis surrounded by hot springs. The hotel itself is small and very quiet - great getaway place. Massages were amazing, made by thai/balian ladies. The restaurant had buffet cuisine changing every evening between Arabic, Italian, Indian, BBQ, etc. Highly recommended as an addition to a Dead Sea vacation which we continued afterwards

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank akonopl
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Akonopl,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for staying with us at Evason Ma'in and for posting your review on your stay.

We are very glad that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the location, hotel spa and food. We hope that you will be able to enjoy more of our experiences as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Evason Ma’in in the near future.

London, UK
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stunning hotel. Great place to come for quiet contemplation as there isn't a lot to do. Restaurant is excellent, and they can take you to nearby places such as the Dead Sea Panoramo restaurant. The hot springs immediately outside the hotel are someway basic.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Razlon,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

We thank you for staying at our resort and for posting your feedback on your stay. We are glad to know that overall you had an enjoyable experience.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma’in and try more of our facilities and experiences.

Amman
Reviewed April 17, 2013

On behalf of my friends, I want to express our superior appreciation for the great service you had provided during our stay at your amazing Hotel. Thank you for the time and effort you took to organize and host our stay . The arrangements and kind hospitality made our visit a memorable and very exceptional for all of us.

We could see from the first minute that the hotel service has a great quality, both because of its comfortable and appropriate facilities, as well as service and constant concern for our comfort. The visit helped us to retreat, and took us away from our busy life. You can be sure that all our friends and their families will hear of your hospitality and amazing place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lama Krayim Samman,

Warm greetings from Eason Ma’in!

First of all it was our pleasure to welcome you and your friends at our resorts. Thank you very much for the very kind review. I was very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay an that both our facilities and service met your expectations.

Your compliments were gladly passed to the entire Evason Ma’in Team.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcoming you, your family and friends at Evason Ma’in in the near future.

Evason Ma'in Hot Springs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
#1 of 1 in Ein Gedi
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#7 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!