“Amazing location and room decoration , but over priced”
Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room is really amazing and the wood inside the room gives you the feeling that you are in a tree house , yet very tidy and luxury .
Try to take a room with a view on the waterfall and the mountains ,,, it’s really quite place which gives you a peaceful vacation .

The food \ beverage process are really high and overpriced , there is no where to get anything from outside , meaning you have to buy from the hotel ,, but if you have a car you can drive for 10 minutes to reach the panorama restaurant and enjoy the dead sea view while you are eating , also charge the bill to your room as this restaurant is owned by the hotel .

The big waterfall is not in service and they opened a new one but it’s small and does not give you the real enjoyment of the hot spring .

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and we are glad to know that you liked our hotel, rooms and the Panoramic Restaurant.

I would like to clarify one point regarding our prices, please note that 27% of our prices are tax and service charge which make our prices seem high. As mentioned in your review, the bill at Panorama restaurant can be charged to your room. We also have a free shuttle bus for our in-house guests that goes to Panorama every day.

Regarding the thermal pool, please note that in addition to the pool behind the spa we also have in door hot thermal pools that are open daily until 6:00pm during winter time. We also a hot thermal pool in the spa with a special charge of 15JD per person (valid until 31.01.2013) for our in-house guests and the thermal pools at the public area which can be exclusively used by our in-house guests between 7:30am-9:00am.

Once again, we thank you for posting your review and we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma’in in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Six senses at its best in the middle of the desert.
We booked a 3 night New Year's Eve package.
Room was fabulous. Rustic chic. Nice espresso maker, water to drink. Comfy beds with big fluffy pillows. Great cable channels and large flat screens.
Restaurant has delicious food. Amazing choices. Indian, Lebanese, American, Jordanian etc..everything we ordered was supreme.
The hot springs were wonderful.pretty little waterfall with a pool to swim in. We hiked and enjoyed the gym.
Perfect place to cool out. Not much to do other than lounge, relax and take tours to the Dead Sea and Petra.
Enjoy this delightful place!

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the waterfall. Stunning view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on your stay. We are extremely glad to know that your enjoyed your time with us and that your stay was up to your expectations.

Thank you for your compliments they were passed to the entire team and they were very happy that they were able to offer you a memorable experience.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in in the near future and offer you more of our experiences.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a spa retreat weekend with my friends. We ended up fighting instead of relaxing for a large part of our 2 days there.
The spa entrance required an additional fee if you were going to lounge by the hot springs and opted out of a massage treatment, even if you are a guest at the hotel.
Ordering drinks by one of the hot springs took 45 minutes and an additional 30 when a second round was ordered.
The hotel uses an external company to provide car services to and from places, but do not clearly state the inflated prices of the service and insist that it is a "luxury" service (hense the high price) while the car is small and i found an open bottle and used bottle of water waiting for me.
There is no ipod dock in the room.
Despite being one of the few guests in the hotel at the time, the average waiting time for anything to the pool or the room is 30 minutes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sarah K

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on your stay. I would like to explain few points on your review. Please note that like any other spa in all resorts in the area, spa has entry fees in order to be able to use the diverse facilities at the spa and to maintain the relaxing ambiance in the spa. However, we currently have a special offer valid until end of January where our hotel guests can enjoy the spa for 15JD per person instead of 38JD per person. Other free-of-charge options to use waterfalls are also available which are the pool behind the spa, the indoor thermal pools in addition to the waterfalls at the public area, which can be exclusively used by our hotel guests from 7 am-9 am. As explained if you book a 60minute treatment or more in the spa then the use of spa facilities will be free of charge.

Regarding the transfer top Panorama, please note that all our cars are 2012 with amenities to ensure the relaxation of our guests during transfers. As explained by Mr. Sweidan, we have free shuttle bus available to Panorama that leaves daily, however, as per your request for a private car and after explaining prices, etc... we arranged the private transfer. Please note that 27% of our prices are service charge and government tax.

Regarding the delay in serving the food by the pool at the spa, please note that as explained food is not allowed to be served inside the spa but can be served by the pool behind the spa. Since you requested to see the food and drinks menu of the Brown Bar and due to the distance between the hotel and the spa the food took more time than the standard time to be delivered. However, we were glad to know that you enjoyed our food in the hotel, at Panorama and that you were able to enjoy our treatments and relax in the spa.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma'in.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Six Senses resort in Jordan and we found it to be truly awful. We were booked in for 3 nights from 7th October 2012 however as it was so bad, we stayed 2 nights and paid for a flight to come home early. We have stayed at Evason Ana Mandara, Vietnam however there was no comparison as all between both of these resorts. The Ana Mandara resort was beautiul and well managed. Ma'In was run down and did not appear to be well managed at all. In summary this is what we found:

The building is not great however the overall maintenance was very poor.
All balconies had very faded, tired woodwork with animal droppings all over the balconies.
The seats on the balcony were so dirtly that I sat on a towel when I sat on the chair.
The outdoor pool area was not clean, tired old furniture and poor qaulity sun loungers.
The gym was not clean, had dirty towels in it, half empty bottles of water and no cups.
Overall atmosphere was dead. It felt like a hotel about to close down.
Suite layout was very poor. It reminded of a student's room.
Bathroom amenities were appalling. Filthy bottle of soap, shower gels etc....and the smell was bad in the room.
Just before check out, I called for someone to collect my bags. Whilst I was still in the room and getting changed, a staff member came into the room twice to check on the room bar when I was clearly getting ready.

Our tour operator advised us that they had reports of poor service at the hotel and advised us to book somewhere else. How we wished we listened to them.

If you are used to anything from 4* upwards, this hotel will be a great disappointment. I would recommend one of the big hotels on the dead sea.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Suzanne D
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay which would allow us to address the areas in which we are not excelling.

I would like to explain to you that we are different than Ana Mandara and other Six Senses resorts in having rooms rather than separate villas. Nevertheless, like all other brands the Six Senses standards are followed in all our dealings with guests.

Thank you for your notes; they were passed to the departments concerned to ensure that they do not reoccur with other guests.

We look forward to welcoming back to Evason Ma'in in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just stayed at this property in Nov. Wow! The photos are true if not better. The staff was just pleasant and really made my stay special. The food was simply delicious . The chef and his team made it a point to introduce me to their cuisine. I took a cooking class with them and they made me a wonderful cake for my birthday. The food was amazing.
Honestly, I could rave all day about this hotel! The pool is fed by the hot spring and it's just magical. I hope I can return.
My only negative comments is the hotel does not allow taxis onto the property which forced me to book a hotel car ( and that was pricey). That said, I loved my driver!
Great hotel. Wonderful spa. Food....amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OZOXOX

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us to celebrate your birthday and for posting your review on your stay. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations and offer you a memorable experience.

Your compliments were passed to the entire time which motivates them to continue the hard work and realizing our goal of creating unique and rejuvenative experiences for our guests.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Evason Ma'in in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Came to Evason to organize a meeting. And I thank god that we've chosen this magnificent venue to do that. It will just get you out of this rushing world to put you in a small paradise that EVEN if you are organizing an event for 60 person, you still can feel happy :). The freshness of each morning, the great view of the mountains and the waterfalls and the most important thing is the smile on everyone's face. It was a success experience and a positive feedback from everyone.
besides the dazzling nature, there's the magnificent decoration, ( which is so modern yet classic at the same time ). the place can be perfect for couples - Super romantic with all the atmosphere needed :/ .
The hygiene of the place is perfect as well, nothing to complain about. they respect all the standards, and they follow it sharply.
The staff was super polite, cooperative and sweet ( as an event planer I can be nothing but a nagger ) Faris, Nidal, Osama, Mohamad Mughrabi, Fadi (everyone) made my life easier. they were all fascinatingly cooperative.

There's one dangerous thing in that place, it's the food! It's scary if you have fear of calories, for you can keep on eating for hours without feeling it! thanks to a magnificent Chief ALL was just perfect.
So If you have the money for it, or you just decided to pamper yourself - NEVER hesitate! FIVE STARS NO DOUBT!

Although i did not get the time to go to the spa but all thefeed back was extremely positive! I'm happy that it's in Jordan and makes me so proud as well!

Room Tip: 709 is perfect
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greeting from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for your above review. We are extremely glad to know that we were able to offer you an enjoyable stay at Evason Ma’in and to be part of the success of your meeting.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience which will give other guest an outside view on what to expect when coming to our resort. Your compliments were passed to the entire team, namely to the hosts mentioned in your review. They were very proud to receive such compliment from a great organization like yours.

We hope that this meeting will be the beginning of a fruitful business relationship with you.

We look forward to welcoming back at Evason Ma’in in the near future and we hope that you will be able to experience our other facilities and Six Senses Spa which we are certain that you will find as rich and unique experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you seek luxury, courteous staff, and the benefits of a 5 star hotel then you SHOULD NOT come to this embarrassment of a hotel. In a nut-shell, this is the only hotel in Ma’in springs. In other words, there is no competition to ensure that the staff and management remain on its toes.
Let me brief you on some of the issues I encountered during my first day only:
- Housekeeping decided to barge in without even knocking. Yes, it’s true! And it just happened that I came out of the shower. I have escalated the issue to management who took it very lightly!
- Expired mini-bar products. I identified 1 mango juice that expired 2 month (prior to my arrival), and soda that expired 3 months!
- The mini bar was half empty. In addition, there was only 1 sachet of coffee, no tea, no brown sugar or whitener. These are basics that I would expect to find in any hotel. Surprisingly thought, the kettle was half full with water, probably from the previous tenant.
- When I requested the above, housekeeping decided to honor my request 2.5 hours after my initial call (please let me confirm that hotel occupancy was below 30% during that period as I confirmed with reservation).
- Attention to detail is ABSENT. Dusty corners, 1 towel, 1 bottle of 330mml water (which they did not bother to replace the following day). Shower algae, stained bathroom accessories.
- The bed was squeaky and very uncomfortable. Linens had a very strong odor especially towels.
- Corridors and elevators smelled reeked of cooking smells (similar to the back alley of a Burger King or KFC.
All in all, Ma’in springs are a 1 day activity (maximum 2). If you would like to visit, I suggest staying at the Kempinski Dead Sea and drive to Ma’in (it’s a very short drive – max of 10-15 minutes).

Room Tip: Avoid staying in Evason. Go to Dead Sea (preferably Kempinski)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Waminator

Valued Guest!

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay.

We would like to clarify few points mentioned in your review, as what was mentioned by our Director of Operations who met with you during your stay and as per our investigations please note that the housekeeping hosts did nock on your door 3 times as per our standards before entering to your room, as he received no reply, since you were in the shower and could not hear him, and as the door was not double locked he entered the room to clean it and refill the minibar, coffee tea, etc... without knowing that you were inside. Please note that the items mentioned to be consumed in the minibar, coffee, tea, water kettle were used by your wife who checked in our hotel one day before you.

Regarding the towels and linen changing and as mentioned in our HK letter placed in your room, if the towels were not placed on the floor or if the Palm sign was not placed on the bed the linen will not be changed, otherwise we would be more than glad to change them. We are sorry to know about the minibar items and we deeply apologize for this mistake.

As mentioned by Mr. Sweidan, we look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year eve and we hope that we will be able to offer you a more enjoyable stay.

Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!