“Worst Hotel Ever!”
Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Six Senses resort in Jordan and we found it to be truly awful. We were booked in for 3 nights from 7th October 2012 however as it was so bad, we stayed 2 nights and paid for a flight to come home early. We have stayed at Evason Ana Mandara, Vietnam however there was no comparison as all between both of these resorts. The Ana Mandara resort was beautiul and well managed. Ma'In was run down and did not appear to be well managed at all. In summary this is what we found:

The building is not great however the overall maintenance was very poor.
All balconies had very faded, tired woodwork with animal droppings all over the balconies.
The seats on the balcony were so dirtly that I sat on a towel when I sat on the chair.
The outdoor pool area was not clean, tired old furniture and poor qaulity sun loungers.
The gym was not clean, had dirty towels in it, half empty bottles of water and no cups.
Overall atmosphere was dead. It felt like a hotel about to close down.
Suite layout was very poor. It reminded of a student's room.
Bathroom amenities were appalling. Filthy bottle of soap, shower gels etc....and the smell was bad in the room.
Just before check out, I called for someone to collect my bags. Whilst I was still in the room and getting changed, a staff member came into the room twice to check on the room bar when I was clearly getting ready.

Our tour operator advised us that they had reports of poor service at the hotel and advised us to book somewhere else. How we wished we listened to them.

If you are used to anything from 4* upwards, this hotel will be a great disappointment. I would recommend one of the big hotels on the dead sea.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Suzanne D
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay which would allow us to address the areas in which we are not excelling.

I would like to explain to you that we are different than Ana Mandara and other Six Senses resorts in having rooms rather than separate villas. Nevertheless, like all other brands the Six Senses standards are followed in all our dealings with guests.

Thank you for your notes; they were passed to the departments concerned to ensure that they do not reoccur with other guests.

We look forward to welcoming back to Evason Ma'in in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just stayed at this property in Nov. Wow! The photos are true if not better. The staff was just pleasant and really made my stay special. The food was simply delicious . The chef and his team made it a point to introduce me to their cuisine. I took a cooking class with them and they made me a wonderful cake for my birthday. The food was amazing.
Honestly, I could rave all day about this hotel! The pool is fed by the hot spring and it's just magical. I hope I can return.
My only negative comments is the hotel does not allow taxis onto the property which forced me to book a hotel car ( and that was pricey). That said, I loved my driver!
Great hotel. Wonderful spa. Food....amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OZOXOX

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us to celebrate your birthday and for posting your review on your stay. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations and offer you a memorable experience.

Your compliments were passed to the entire time which motivates them to continue the hard work and realizing our goal of creating unique and rejuvenative experiences for our guests.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Evason Ma'in in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Came to Evason to organize a meeting. And I thank god that we've chosen this magnificent venue to do that. It will just get you out of this rushing world to put you in a small paradise that EVEN if you are organizing an event for 60 person, you still can feel happy :). The freshness of each morning, the great view of the mountains and the waterfalls and the most important thing is the smile on everyone's face. It was a success experience and a positive feedback from everyone.
besides the dazzling nature, there's the magnificent decoration, ( which is so modern yet classic at the same time ). the place can be perfect for couples - Super romantic with all the atmosphere needed :/ .
The hygiene of the place is perfect as well, nothing to complain about. they respect all the standards, and they follow it sharply.
The staff was super polite, cooperative and sweet ( as an event planer I can be nothing but a nagger ) Faris, Nidal, Osama, Mohamad Mughrabi, Fadi (everyone) made my life easier. they were all fascinatingly cooperative.

There's one dangerous thing in that place, it's the food! It's scary if you have fear of calories, for you can keep on eating for hours without feeling it! thanks to a magnificent Chief ALL was just perfect.
So If you have the money for it, or you just decided to pamper yourself - NEVER hesitate! FIVE STARS NO DOUBT!

Although i did not get the time to go to the spa but all thefeed back was extremely positive! I'm happy that it's in Jordan and makes me so proud as well!

Room Tip: 709 is perfect
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greeting from Evason Ma’in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for your above review. We are extremely glad to know that we were able to offer you an enjoyable stay at Evason Ma’in and to be part of the success of your meeting.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience which will give other guest an outside view on what to expect when coming to our resort. Your compliments were passed to the entire team, namely to the hosts mentioned in your review. They were very proud to receive such compliment from a great organization like yours.

We hope that this meeting will be the beginning of a fruitful business relationship with you.

We look forward to welcoming back at Evason Ma’in in the near future and we hope that you will be able to experience our other facilities and Six Senses Spa which we are certain that you will find as rich and unique experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you seek luxury, courteous staff, and the benefits of a 5 star hotel then you SHOULD NOT come to this embarrassment of a hotel. In a nut-shell, this is the only hotel in Ma’in springs. In other words, there is no competition to ensure that the staff and management remain on its toes.
Let me brief you on some of the issues I encountered during my first day only:
- Housekeeping decided to barge in without even knocking. Yes, it’s true! And it just happened that I came out of the shower. I have escalated the issue to management who took it very lightly!
- Expired mini-bar products. I identified 1 mango juice that expired 2 month (prior to my arrival), and soda that expired 3 months!
- The mini bar was half empty. In addition, there was only 1 sachet of coffee, no tea, no brown sugar or whitener. These are basics that I would expect to find in any hotel. Surprisingly thought, the kettle was half full with water, probably from the previous tenant.
- When I requested the above, housekeeping decided to honor my request 2.5 hours after my initial call (please let me confirm that hotel occupancy was below 30% during that period as I confirmed with reservation).
- Attention to detail is ABSENT. Dusty corners, 1 towel, 1 bottle of 330mml water (which they did not bother to replace the following day). Shower algae, stained bathroom accessories.
- The bed was squeaky and very uncomfortable. Linens had a very strong odor especially towels.
- Corridors and elevators smelled reeked of cooking smells (similar to the back alley of a Burger King or KFC.
All in all, Ma’in springs are a 1 day activity (maximum 2). If you would like to visit, I suggest staying at the Kempinski Dead Sea and drive to Ma’in (it’s a very short drive – max of 10-15 minutes).

Room Tip: Avoid staying in Evason. Go to Dead Sea (preferably Kempinski)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Waminator

Valued Guest!

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback on your stay.

We would like to clarify few points mentioned in your review, as what was mentioned by our Director of Operations who met with you during your stay and as per our investigations please note that the housekeeping hosts did nock on your door 3 times as per our standards before entering to your room, as he received no reply, since you were in the shower and could not hear him, and as the door was not double locked he entered the room to clean it and refill the minibar, coffee tea, etc... without knowing that you were inside. Please note that the items mentioned to be consumed in the minibar, coffee, tea, water kettle were used by your wife who checked in our hotel one day before you.

Regarding the towels and linen changing and as mentioned in our HK letter placed in your room, if the towels were not placed on the floor or if the Palm sign was not placed on the bed the linen will not be changed, otherwise we would be more than glad to change them. We are sorry to know about the minibar items and we deeply apologize for this mistake.

As mentioned by Mr. Sweidan, we look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year eve and we hope that we will be able to offer you a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not many flies when I was there. The staff were very helpful and friendly though the hotel was nearly empty - due to the Syrian situation I suspect. The full body massage was fantastic and the relaxing ginger tea with fruits afterwards were delicious. Three of our group opted for early breakfast overlooking the hotel and food was brought out to them. They enjoyed the novelty while we enjoyed a wide breakfast choice on the veranda overlooking one water fall and pool. All the staff we talked to had only been there a short time so perhaps the hotel has looked to improve this part of their service. Room was clean though I do agree it is a bit on the dark side - especially the lift.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Jumana A, Executive Office at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for staying with us at Evason Ma’in and for submitting your review on your stay. We are glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and offer you an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for your notes regarding the lighting in the room and elevator, it was passed to the department concerned.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Evason Ma’in in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

we stayed there for 1 week - it was absolutly wonderfull - everyone was so nice and so helpfull.
The food is excellent the staff in the restaurant is so good.
The Manager of the restaurant is paying attension that everyone is feeling good.
the Breakfast is awasome.
The other staff at the hotel, are doing what the can to make your stay wonderfull
The Spa is the best we have ever tried.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

I would like to thank for choosing our resort to spend your vacation and for submitting your review on your stay at Evason Ma’in. We are very glad to know that your stay with us was up to your expectations and that we were able to meet your needs.

We deeply appreciate posting your review as it allows other guests to learn more on Evason Ma’in.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stay this week end in this fantastic hotel . it was very beautiful , relax , enjoying the hot spring fall in the early morning on your body while the cold fresh weather around you ,The rooms are big clean and very quite . the staff very friendly . The food was amazing and healthy you will not stop eating .

Room Tip: you will lucky to stay in a room stunning view on the hot springs
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in Hot Springs!

Thank you very much for your nice review on your stay at our resort. We are very glad to know that your stay with us was up to your expectations.

Thank you for your comments on the staff, food and rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Evason Ma’in in the near future.

Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!