“Closed after 2.30 on a Sunday Afternoon” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plockton Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Plockton
Plockton Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plockton
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Closed after 2.30 on a Sunday Afternoon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I arrived in Plockton with friends last Sunday and entered this establishment to eat lunch, only to be told that serving was finished minutes earlier, which to my mind is a disgrace and an embarrassment to Scotland. I eventually spent £35 on fish and chips after queuing behind a group of Italian visitors who spent £80 on the same thing. If you have the money and want to be a success then open a restaurant here and serve the hungry public!

I recently returned from a tour of Europe where I could eat good and freshly cooked food at any time of the day in any establishment so Scotland, it is about time your service providers got real and stopped making us a laughing stock!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

With only two hotels available to chose from in Plockton, we opted for the one with the best food reviews. Our accommodation was in the annexe across the road, however the double room was so small, with only one electric socket hidden behind the bed. The toilet and shower were also tiny, and the decoration was tired. The food was good and plentiful and reasonably priced,and the restaurant was full on both nights. The staff were reasonably friendly but not overly so, and being in the annexe we were left to our own devices. Parking is difficult - on street or in a very tight car park. We didn't put out the sign on our bedroom door asking for it to be serviced - so they didn't! No fresh towels and the bed wasn't made.

Room Tip: Probably unavoidable, but any room at the front (or across the road) is liable to noise at 'clos...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed it. We got a room across the road in the annexe which was big and spacious, also had a lovely garden area at rear where we enjoyed sitting. We booked a table forts night and enjoyed food so much we also ate here 2nd night too. Seafood platter was fab, locally sourced and included various items which were cured in their own smokehouse. We also tried oyster shots which are worth a try. Four of us had various meals over two nights and they were all brilliant. Would definately recommend for food or stay. Of course the fact that the weather was hot and sunny helped make our stay extra special too and the outdoor tables were put to good use too.

• Stayed July 2013
TORROX, SPAIN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I took my 86 year old mother there are a birthday surprise. From arrival to departure it was a great pleasure being there. Our twin room was spacious, beautifully decorated and captured the spirit of Plockton, and the adapted wet room perfect for a lady with limited mobility.

We were able to sit outside on the decking with a drink before dinner and had a superbly cooked meal. The menu choices were excellent and the staff so friendly and efficient. There was a great atmosphere in the dining room and live music afterwards. We slept extremely well on the comfortable beds, the bed linen fresh and smooth.

Breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice. We were treated so well during our stay, caring staff who obviously enjoy their work.

Plockton is stunning and this hotel enhances the experience. Will definitely stay again and introduce my husband to the joys.

Thank you Plockton Inn.

Room Tip: We were in Room 8 - twin - in the annexe across the road. The wet room is good for disabled guest...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Plockton Inn as one of the stops on our honeymoon tour of the West coast. At first we were a bit disappointed that we'd not booked the Plockton Hotel with a sea view, as the Plockton Inn is up a side road not overlooking the sea. However after visiting the Plockton Hotel for a drink, we soon changed our minds. Unlike the Plockton Hotel, the staff at the Plockton Inn were very friendly and welcoming. The food was very good indeed - we were specifically after seafood, and I think I could have eaten my meal several times over because it was so lovely. Breakfast was also really very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki C
Itala, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June, as a solo traveller I had a single room with ensuite. The room was on the other side of the road from the Inn and was comfortable. There was heating and an extra blanket both of which was needed. My one criticism of the room was that there was no separation of the shower and toilet from the bed. Although it was just me, this felt strange and too open. I overlooked the garden which was lovely. I didn't have wifi access in my room which was disappointing, this was the first time this had occurred throughout my whole trip and I think given the size and amount of rooms should be addressed. Wifi could be accessed in the bar area. Breakfast was good and the service efficient. Evening meals you have to book in advance as the place gets crowded. I ate at the inn twice as it was convenient and the food excellent. I had king island scallops the second night which were delicious. As it was a Saturday when I arrived there was noise after pub closing time and it sounded like it was right in my room however after a few minutes people dispersed. The weather wasn't the best when I was there but there is plenty to do and I loved my stay and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Stay across the road from the main inn, less noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Horsham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I must point out from the start that we did not stay here, just had an evening meal. Just on this basis, we will not be returning.

On arrival we fancied a drink at the bar before going to eat but the young waitress immediately tried to show us straight to our table. When we explained what we wanted to do, she looked almost put out. We were actually early so it wasn't as if we were delaying anyone. We had just purchased our drinks when another young girl asked if we were ready to sit down. We explained we weren't & in less than five minutes the original waitress appeared & told us our table was ready. We gave up & followed her - all of about 10 steps to our table in the bar.

Our unremarkable starters appeared very quickly & where whipped away as soon as we had finished & five minutes later we were presented with out main courses. I had gone for the veggie haggis with neeps, tatiies & home cured beetroot which was actually really good by some of the fish on Moonface's seafood platter had clearly seen the inside of a freezer.

As soon as the plates were cleared we were asked if we would like to see the desert menu. We declined.

There is little atmosphere in the pub & the girls who served us appeared surly & totally disinterested. There was no sign of anyone in charge at all

We got chatting to an interesting man who was staying there for work purposes & enjoyed his company for a bit before leaving.

The following night after a lovely meal at the Plockton Shores, we decided to give the Plockton Inn another shot as they had highly recommended the live music that was on. We went back to find the place was packed - mainly with Scandanavian tourists who had eaten there & then had their view of the band blocked by all the locals who were standing at the front! The landlord (who we had actually seen last night & thought he was a customer) was again the wrong side of the bar. It had an unfriendly atmosphere & after one drink & two songs we left again, never to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JustJamieRIP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plockton
The Torridon
#1 of 5 in Portree
Balmacara Hotel
Balmacara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balmacara

Been to Plockton Inn? Share your experiences!