“Stunning Bed and Breakfast.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heron's Flight Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plockton
Heron's Flight Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 14 Plockton B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
“Stunning Bed and Breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2006

My boyfriend drove me all the way to Plockton from Newcastle for a couple of nights away on my birthday. I discovered Heron's Flight B&B from Googling the Web and I'm so pleased I did! Ann gave us great directions and was very warm and friendly on the phone. It took us hours to drive there but it's such beautiful scenery we didn't mind. We parked outside the beautiful self-build house and Ann met us with a cheery smile and hello along with Yarrow her smashing little dog. The house was modern but styled with antiques and had a warm atmosphere with just a hint of the mysterious. We were able to chose which bedroom we wanted - West or East - it was a hard decision but I opted for the room with the beautiful old antique furniture. We made ourselves comfortable and Ann brought us a piece of chocolate cake as we unpacked!! how nice is that? the room had two windows, one each side of the room - both overlooked Loch Carron and the views were stunning. Comfortable, clean and a good night's sleep. We had breakfast in the little porch - it only fits two people so everyone else had to eat in the dining room (we were there first you see!). It overlooks the Loch and the palm trees Plockton is famous for from all three windows. We had a coffee machine and toaster to ourselves and above all absolute peace and quiet. We had porridge and there was a huge bowl of stewed fruit to help ourselves to. This was followed by toast and a good sized nicely cooked breakfast.
Ann had tickets for the toll bridge over to Skye which was handy and the area is well worth exploring. We dined out over the two nights and I cannot recommend The Plockton Hotel high enough for the stunning seafood - fresh langoustines, haggis pate with whisky.. mmmm! only a few minutes' walk from the Heron's Flight.
The Bed and Breakfast has a good sized guest living room complete with HUGE picture windows overlooking the picturesque loch. There is a glowing peat fire and expect Yarrow the friendly little dog to curl up alongside you - unless you aren't a dog fan in which case Ann briskly shoos him away.
This place was heavenly and I long to return soon.

Mel Campbell

• Stayed March 2001
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Moonchops

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
jackson,ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2005

In July, my wife and I had a delightful two nights at the Heron's Flight Bed and Breakfast in Plockton . Owned and operated by Mrs. Ann Mckenzie, her home and the grounds are well placed at the end of a bit of beautiful Scottish earth overlooking Loch Carron. Along with a bountiful breakfast (her porridge is first-rate), Ann provides her guests with lots of local knowledge (when asked)and many wry comments about the townfolk. We stayed upstairs in a nice bedroom with lovely views of the Loch and a castle in the background (Ann, of course, had all the current gossip on the owners). We had our own bathroom.

The town of Plockton is but a five minute walk along the harborside from Ann's B&B. One evening, we had a wonderful seafood dinner at the Plockton Hotel. Afterwards, we celebrated my wife's birthday with delicious Sticky Toffee Pudding and local music which was outstanding.

We are glad we found Ann Mckenzie, Plockton and the Sticky Toffee Pudding.

8 Thank scottishlad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plockton
Hartfield House Applecross
Hartfield House Applecross
#1 of 2 in Applecross

Been to Heron's Flight Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!