Tigh Arran B&B
Broadford Hotel(Broadford)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Kintail Lodge(Shiel Bridge)
Tigh an Eilean(Shieldaig)
All reviewshighland cattlebath and separate showerlovely housegreat hostsour favorite restaurantsmall hamletmary makesbreakfast was excellentfamily atmosphereporridgespacious ensuiteplockton innfeel very welcomegreat showerperfect spotscottish breakfastlovely place
Reviewed February 18, 2014

As virtually all other reviewers indicate, Tigh Arran B&B and its hosts—Mary and Lain Dobson—are very special! Such reviews led me to take the scenic train from Inverness to Duirinish at the end of April, 2013 for a stay with them. I had planned for one night but was so charmed by their hospitality, the comfort of the second floor suite, and the gorgeous view of the Isle of Skye that I decided to spend another night. I would have extended the stay further had not other plans been made.

Like the Beeton's, I had to rely on public transportation and was both surprised and pleased when Mary, Lain, and his visiting father kindly facilitated my getting around on three separate occasions. Their hospitality was simply impeccable.

As several people have indicated, Duirinish is a charming little village that offers nice walks to see farm animals and picturesque Plockton. It also offers easy access to the buses in Kyle of Lochalsh that offer convenient transportation to Isle of Skye, Portree, the beautiful Eilean Donan Castle in Dornie, and the gorgeous drive to Fort William. Those with cars, motorcycle and/or bicycle transportation options will not find a better base for assorted adventures! With luck, I'll find a way to utilize one of those options when I return sometime soon.

In any case, I encourage all those reading this review to book the reasonably price Tigh Arran B&B at their earliest opportunity!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank StevenL-Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was our second stay at Tigh Arran, after the first visit we knew we had to come back. Mary, Iain and Isabella made us feel so at home again, they go out of their way to help with every little thing. Duirinish is such a picturesque wee village, be sure to stop in at Vera's little shop to see and purchase her wonderful local paintings and cards etc. It's only a few miles to Plockton, which has several great restaurants, The Plockton Inn was our favorite. We had to rely on public transportation, and the train stops at Duirinish, with taxi service to and from Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh. Be aware that taxi service is not always available though certain evenings, so plan ahead.
Our room was spacious & clean, beds comfy, with a large ensuite bathroom. The view from our room across to the Isle of Skye and the Cuillins was awesome. Our first morning at breakfast -always a lovely meal-the highland coos were strolling past the B&B and meandering through the village.
We definitely recommend Tigh Arran, you will not be disappointed.

Helen and Siobhan Beeton

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Siobhan B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for one night whilst touring Scotland. A beautiful place! Iain and Mary are wonderful hosts.
The views of Skye and the countryside are stunning. Highland cattle wandering around add even more beauty yo this little village.
Breakfast was just amazing, kept us going all day.
Only 10 mins from Plockton, and a lovely place to stay.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Our room was the family room with en-suite. I big bed and 1 small. Amazing views. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Liz B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just finished a trip on my bike with a couple of my friends. We stayed at this lovely B&B. The owners Iain and Mary are a lovely couple and made our stay very enjoyable. Great rooms and a amazing breakfast!! The view was awesome. I highly recommend a visit to this lovely part of Scotland. Will definitely be going back. Thanks Guys.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ranaldwatt
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay. It's one of the better B&B's I have stayed at. Location to the Isle of Sky was fantastic. The only negative thing I can say is no hot water in the mornings. everything else was great!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yukonpete
tigh-arran, Owner at Tigh Arran B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hi,
I am sorry you found there to be a lack of hot water for your shower. The boiler is set to come on at 7am and then turns off at 9.30 am. This has been enough to supply the needs of the house up till now . If you only said at the time we would have extended the times to suit when you required it. Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Regards