“Best Cullen Skink”

Plockton Shores Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Plockton
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This restaurant serves excellent Cullen Skink soup. Wish they could improve on the kitchen fume extraction as during a busy evenings service the restaurant fills up with cooking fumes. A touch of heating on would also help on the cooler nights. Overall the cooking is good with fish and seafood prominent on the menu. Not inexpensive but overall probably worth it as the local alternatives are not great.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Fantastic lattes and yummy homebaking, great for a light lunch.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We've ate at Plockton Shores 4 times during our week long stay in the village, twice for lunch and twice for supper.

The menu was quite impressive and offers a wide range to suit all palates. I'd heartily recommend the Cullen Skink (absolutely the best my fiancée and I have ever tasted), the venison with black pudding, figs and chilli is also an interesting and very tasty combination that I would definitely try to cook myself, and of course the locally sourced langoustine and squat lobster tails were excellent.

The staff were very friendly, helpful, and charming in that typically Highland way, and are a credit to the owner.

Only downside was a particularly ropey sirloin on one of the nights, with both my fiancée and I leaving quite a chunk of it for being too fatty. That said our waitress informed the chef immediately after our feedback, and was very apologetic on his behalf, advising that chef had thought that they were two great pieces of steak. Fair comment given their size and the fact that nobody has x-ray vision to see what's under the surface. I appreciated her taking the time to feedback to both the chef and ourselves in a very polite and gracious manner, even knocking a wee bit off our bill as compensation (and as we weren't expecting it, a very gracious step indeed).

We would definitely visit again and I would recommend.

3  Thank DThompson367
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Lovely local feel. Good home baking. Friendly service.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This was our second visit to this restaurant and it didn't disappoint. This time it was even better in fact as it was early season and therefore a lot less crowded than the summer when we were last here.
Menu is quite varied, I had duck and my girlfriend had the scallops. Both were excellent and thoroughly enjoyed.
Hop we get to go back soon!

1  Thank Denis K