All reviews chez roux dining room lemon tart eggs benedict lovely hotel open fire scones lovely lunch spectacular views hotel grounds ribeye steak first class rooms are spacious without exception staff were attentive dining experience year after year
Reviewed September 6, 2018

This has a traditional decor but it smells of newness, nice, fresh decor, carpets and decor. It had a great view over loch. except the loch has some sort of refinery/port buildings to the left side which are not that picturesque. It has a lovely lobby where you can have a dram of whisky/gin before dinner. my husband and i sat here. dinner by chez roux is delicious indeed! I liked roux's dishes, his signature cheese souffle, I had ling fillet, yum. dinner was delicious cheeses and the lemon tart ) his speciality. we also had fish assiette starter (yum). It is not as quaint as some places eg tongue hotel had such a special feel. it is costly but once in awhile after a long drive its appreciated. sevice is exceptional however. the porters/receptionists/restaurant staff are exceptional!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2018

there's nothing really wrong with the hotel and if you're in the area it's a safe choice. but it's overpriced and dull and the Roux name is over hyped. a five star b and b would be a better option and better value

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

This is a gem of a hotel. It is situated above Lochinver with specyacular views over the harbour and town below. If you walk from the hotel a further 500 yards up the hill to the communication tower the view gets even better.

Don't be fooled by the hotel exterior, which would potentially put you off, once inside you will not be disappointed.

We booked a suite and it was well worth the additional expense. The open fire in the room was a complete bonus. The room was huge, with views directly across the harbour. Large bath, double shower and plentiful supplies of everything required was just as you would expect.

Dinner was good, with good protions and excellent food.

The key to all of the above - the staff. Compeltely focused on the guests and making sure you have everything you want/need. The service is outstanding!

Highly recommended - don't miss this if you get anywhere near Lochinver.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This hotel is gorgeous. It is expensive (over 300 pounds per night) and the most expensive place we stayed on our NC500 journey, but the rooms and the common areas (lounge, bar) are lovely.
The restaurant has a reputation for good food, but we were disappointed at the price (fixed 3 courses at 59 pounds per person) for fairly ordinary food (in comparison to everywhere and everything else we had eaten in NC500 hotels).
The room, which we were upgraded to, was lovely. A view out the window towards the loch and the mountains, a table and a lounge in our suite to sit and stare out the window (which would have been great if the weather wasn't lousy) and a very comfortable king size bed (first non polyester doona - yay!!). Best of all, the bathroom was fabulous. Lots of water in the shower, gorgeous toiletries and I could have stayed for a month.
This is the sort of place that you could and should really have a retreat at. I would love to come back.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018

My sister and I had booked in here for 1 night in late June as part of our driving tour around the North of Scotland and we really looked forward to staying in this particular hotel, and dining there. Unfortunately my sister's husband was rushed into hospital and we were unable to travel. This was one of six hotels that we had booked and, guess what? This was the ONLY one that refused to give us a refund, or even a credit against a future stay! Someone called Ryan quoted the Terms and Conditions etc etc, which I was already fully aware of, but I had thought that, under such extenuating circumstances, the hotel could have been more accommodating. Isn't it a pity that an establishment of this calibre offers such poor customer care. I was advised that if I wished to re-book at a future date I should contact the hotel direct and they would ensure that I received a good rate! Really? Would you? Happily we managed to re-book our holiday a few weeks later, and stayed at the hotels who had provided refunds. Needless to say, we gave Inverlodge a wide berth. Not impressed. This hotel may be excellent but I'll certainly never find out for myself!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family