“A convenient stop over.”

An Cala Cafe and Bunkhouse
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Lochinver
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Newly opened cafe and hostel.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Mission was formerly known as the National Mission to Deep Sea Fishermen before it closed in 2008 as the fishing declined.
It reopened about two years ago as a community project, supplying affordable fair to locals and visitors alike.
So what is the food like? We stopped at lunch time for a snack and where pleasantly surprised by both the quality and the price. In fairness we only visited the once but I see no reason to suppose that things would be different at any other time.
I believe that the place has a bunk house which walkers and the like could use, BUT please check.
The surroundings are clean, warm and welcoming so if you are passing it might well be worth a visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

been 3 times last may and cant say how good it was. Local-Fresh-meals .
Lochinver is well worth a visit

1  Thank scottydog1
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Was going to spend the night in the five star Inver Lodge Hotel, so thought I'd have a bit of a contrast with an evening meal at The Mission. I like contrasts.

Trouble is, there wasn't a huge contrast. The starter (Deep Fried Mushrooms stuffed with Black Pudding) was excellent and the main (Pizza, tho' I doubt it was very authentic to any passing Italians) was satisfying and very filling.

There seems to be a good atmosphere between the staff, tourists and the regulars. It's a community project, and I wish them well.

1  Thank Big-Iain
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Generous portions, helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere, tasty & unpretentious and good value food. One of the best places I ate on my trip, but also the cheapest.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We called in to the mission for a cup of tea before exploring a bit of the parkland behind it. It had a most convivial atmosphere and the the food being served to other tables made my wife and i wish we had not had such a late breakfast. We met some people on our travels who eat there once a week and really enjoy the place. I can see why.