“Simply Satisfying”

An Cala Cafe and Bunkhouse
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Lochinver
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Newly opened cafe and hostel.
Derby, East Midlands, UK
“Simply Satisfying”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Was going to spend the night in the five star Inver Lodge Hotel, so thought I'd have a bit of a contrast with an evening meal at The Mission. I like contrasts.

Trouble is, there wasn't a huge contrast. The starter (Deep Fried Mushrooms stuffed with Black Pudding) was excellent and the main (Pizza, tho' I doubt it was very authentic to any passing Italians) was satisfying and very filling.

There seems to be a good atmosphere between the staff, tourists and the regulars. It's a community project, and I wish them well.

1 Thank Big-Iain

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Perfect for hungry cyclists!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Generous portions, helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere, tasty & unpretentious and good value food. One of the best places I ate on my trip, but also the cheapest.

Visited September 2013
Wirral
“Pleasant Place to call in”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We called in to the mission for a cup of tea before exploring a bit of the parkland behind it. It had a most convivial atmosphere and the the food being served to other tables made my wife and i wish we had not had such a late breakfast. We met some people on our travels who eat there once a week and really enjoy the place. I can see why.

Renfrewshire
“A Big Thank You”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

12 of us ate at the Mission for a family celebration and I must thank the staff for putting on a Vegan meal for one of the party. With only a little notice they produced a delicious dish of stuffed peppers and potato and onion rosti. All meals were great and they allowed us to take over one side of the restaurant and put up decorations etc and also to bring in our own Fizz and Beer as there isn't a licence. I was a bit disappointed to discover that they are now closed on a Sunday. Eating in the Village can be difficult on Sundays and the Mission was always a safe bet.

3 Thank mikki2d
uk
“Great concept, badly executed”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We really wanted to like this place,the aims of the mission are good and it has a fantastic modern building. However the food was poor quality, the service non-existent and half the menu was off. With better quality ingredients and some passion from the staff, this place could be a reasonably priced gem.

• Visited August 2013