“Amazing treat in the Highlands”

and 1 more site!
Airlie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Strathyre B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a truly beautiful bed and breakfast experience in wonderful countryside. For those walking the Rob Roy Way, or enjoying the Trossachs area, I cannot recommend this highly enough. A traditional stone building with high ceilings and beautifully refurbished to give large rooms. My Dad and I stayed here on our walk of the Rob Roy Way, and are hardened B&B travellers. Airlie House gets my vote of the best B&B in the UK from our last four walks (28 B&Bs we've visited). Everything is thought of, the bed was by far the most comfortable ever experienced in a B&B with crisp sheets and a wonderful mattress. Large baths with all treats you should want. Teapots and a range of teas, real milk and a wonderful view onto the hills. Breakfast was the most peaceful experience with beautiful crockery, presentation and a lovely morning welcome from the owners, plus a great range of choices to choose from. Overall a wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband, dog and I recently stayed in this very dog friendly B&B and had a fab stay. Jackie and Ray were very welcoming and really helpful throughout our stay. Our very large room was clean and modern and the guest lounge area was a nice place to relax in with a lovely log burning stove. Breakfasts were very tasty and a large and varied selection was offered each day. A minute down the road, The Inn Bistro is a very friendly pub where the locals made all of us feel welcome and served very tasty food. I couldn't recommend a nicer village to stay at, we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Highly recommended accommodation - high quality fittings and good log stove to relax by. Good attentitive service. A definite recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My partner and I stayed in Airlie house as it was well placed to explore the Trossachs and the pictures looked very nice. The pictures had not lied! We were immediately impresse with the room, the bathroom, and the house itself, all of which was modern and fresh but not in the way that can make a place lose it's charm.

Jackie was very friendly and helpful, giving us directions and walking route suggestions, and making us feel right at home, and what a place to come "home" to after an exhausting walk through the Trossachs! Breakfast was lovely too, we would definately stay again if we head back to the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I appeared one evening on the doorstep, slightly grubby after a day on the hills, unshaven, on my own and rather desperate for somewhere to stay, having been turned away at a number of B+Bs on the road from Loch Lomond. But at Airlie House, my faith in Scottish hospitality was restored...in full! What a welcome, and what a house. For a lot less than the going rate for luxury B+B, I was given a magnificent double room with every possible facility. My wife (who sadly was not with me to experience the pleasures of Airlie) awards points to B+Bs based solely on the quality of the tea and coffee provided in the room. She gives maximum points if the hosts provide fresh milk rather than these dreadful cartons of artificial cream. After a scorching hot day climbing the Cobbler at Loch Lomond, I was gasping for a cup of tea - and supplied with lashings of ice-cold milk, downed 4 cups in as many minutes. I don't normally rate bathroom experiences, but the luxury and attention to detail in the ensuite was a pleasure for a muscle-weary walker. But best of all (and here I am extremely fussy owing to a chronic back problem), the bed was perhaps the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Going down for breakfast the following morning, expectations were now extremely high - and they were met in full.
So in conclusion, Airlie House is certainly up there with the best B+B I've stayed in in Scotland. Friendly, extremely comfortable, quiet - the perfect place to refuel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent some time finding a good B&B from which to explore Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and chose Airlie because of it's central but quiet location and the size of the bedrooms.

When we arrived, our first impressions were good - there is ample parking, the room was large, bright and airy, and the bed was very comfy. However, we found the shower a little weak and the TV was initially tricky to operate.

Our hosts were polite and friendly but we felt our other guests received more help and advice, and a few too many of our belongings had been rearranged when we returned in the evening which we felt was a little unnecessary.

Also, compared to the quality of the bed, the breakfast was disappointing - there weren't many alternatives to a cooked breakfast, and the quality of the food was a little lacking.

All in all, it's an OK B&B - especially for the price - in a good location, but certain aspects could be better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClioChick7
Reviewed June 15, 2011

After a 10 mile hike I luxuriated in a beautiful deep, stylish bath. I loved the slate floor in the spacious bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the view to the front was lovely. The best B&B I stayed on during walking the Rob Roy Way. I would definitely stay there again. Jackie was very welcoming.

Room Tip: I think the room was named after Loch Doine