“Good food, convenient location, tired decor.”

Inn and Bistro at Strathyre
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Strathyre
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
nottinghamshire
“Good food, convenient location, tired decor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Om main road through the village so very conevenient. Limited menu but well-cooked, tasty food and good service. Decor is a little tired although the exterior suggests there may be a rolling programme of renovation.

Visited May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a day of walking my mother and I decided to stop in for food..big mistake!! We ordered nachos and fish & chips. Very simple dishes to make or so you'd think! When our food finally arrived after a half hour wait we where disgusted at the slop put in front of us! The "nachos" was cheap cheese and ketchup with it spilling over the plate. It had clearly been thrown together! The fish was slimy & greasy! The fish has came straight out the fryer and had not been rested so all the oil from the fish, saturated the chips and salad! I went to the bar with the plates to ask for my money back as we'd payed up front, I was rudely told how I was wrong about the fish. I stopped the old barmaid to tell her I work in a restaurant and I know how it should be done! I was finally given my money back no apology was given at no point! Clearly these people don't care about standards and live off the tourist trade! They're are lots of better places to eat outside this village. we enjoyed a fish supper at the Tastey Fry in Callander after we walked back from Strathyre.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank FoodieSteffi
North Lanarkshire
“Wonderful Food shame about the decor but we will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have marked this as ‘very good’ solely on the food alone. When we arrived, we sat at a table outside as it was very busy inside, but as it was right next to the main road it was a bit noisy. The Bistro dinning room was not open but we eventually managed to get a table and ate in the pub. I wasn't impressed with the decor anywhere, and most of the seats were hard and didn't encourage you to linger. It may look better at night. We had Beer Battered Haddock with the trimmings and the small Brie Tartlette with Salad - which wasn't small - and a portion of Garlic Mushrooms. Drinks consisted of 250ml Rose wine and a pint of Stella. The bill came to a very reasonable £27.80. I can't emphasis enough that the food was wonderful and the staff very helpful, we will definitely be back. It will be a nice run out for some great food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Freddybaby
North Shields, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“saved our Lives.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Arriving after an 80 mile cycle ride with 9 other wet cyclists at around 8pm on the 5th of May 2013,to find to our horror a hotel we were booked into was closed and boarded up, seeing our plight the kind people of Strathyre made it their buisness to sort out accomdation for us. this was kindly supplied to us at a reduced rate, by the The Inn & Bistro which is situated in main street Strathyre, also, so we could have a hot meal they held the kitchen open, while we got showered and changed. After a good nights sleep and excellent cooked breakfast we were able to continue our Cycling, I cannot speak more highly of the people of Strathyre and The Inn & Bistro for their genuine concern and help and would not hesitate in recommending this establishment.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Stephen C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Friendly pub with great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped off for some pub grub on the way home having just walked a big hill near Loch Tay and being ravenous and chilly. What we got far exceeded our expectations - great real ale, a lovely warming soup (tomato and spicy green pepper) for my partner and West Coast mussels in a spicy tomato and herb sauce for me as starters. The mains were really tasty beer-battered fish and chips with a nicely put-together salad and, for me, perfectly cooked duck breast (in fact one and half breasts!) in a port and redcurrant sauce with a good variety of vegetables on the side - all al dente. The menu was varied, the service was great and the atmosphere of the pub warm and friendly, with locals bringing in their children and dogs and many chatting with newcomers. It was the perfect stop-off at the end of a long, enjoyable day - we'll definitely drop by again!

• Visited April 2013