“Don't go threre”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Surrey, Canada
“Don't go threre”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

the room was so dirty you wouldn't let your dog stay there. i complained about it to the receptionist and they gave us another room . the bedsheets in that room were dirty too. I will never stay there again. don't go there.

Room Tip: no tips.sorry
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
waddlingdog, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that your experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites was unsatisfactory. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms and if this wasn’t the case it is not acceptable. I will be bringing your comments to the attention of the housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen again. With respect to the linen, we have recently outsourced our laundry cleaning as our equipment was not performing to the standard we expect.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to show you that your remarks were taken seriously and used constructively to build a better Comfort Inn & Suites.

Ross Borland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
edmonton
Reviewed September 13, 2011

i went to victoria with my husband and my friends.nice price offer(one night free with 2 nights stay).includes breakfast + laundry service.guides u abt attractions in nearby areas.staff very pleasant and calm.yummy breakfast...........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, BC & Edmonton, AB
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this marvelous, well priced hotel which includes a kitchenette, outdoor pool, "lake" view, with a great choice of breakfast of muffins, fruit, cereal, juices or tea and coffe, all complimentary. The different staff on different shifts were incredibly helpful on several occasions, especially Natalia (if I remember correctly). We will definately stay there again! TWO THUMBS UP :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the top floor- but there are cabins on the water front too.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Giltam
Hokitika, New Zealand
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were hanging out for a place to stay & saw this on the skyline as we came down Highway 17. The rates were OK considering the proximity to downtown Victoria and the Mayfair shopping mall. The king size room in the annexe was a little small but had all we needed. The best thing about this hotel was the amazing breakfast - one of the best we've had since we left home four weeks ago.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I had relatives visiting, spent the night with them at the Comfort Inn & Suite. Great spot !!! We had one of the waterfront cabins. Love the location and the free breakfast !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We decided to take a weekend trip to Victoria...this hotel was chosen because of other good experiences we have had at other hotels of this chain. What a disappointment...check in was okay, no stellar customer service here. Upon inspection of our room we found disgusting white, crusty stains and grease stains on the bedspread which were very visible to the naked eye...in the bathroom there was hair in the sink and the bathtub was very stained, not to mention the carpets...my kid's socks were a nice shade of charcoal grey after walking on them. I complained to the front desk and was told to toss the bedspread in the corner and use the blanket in the closet...we were not offered another room and no one arrived to clean up the filth. I was dismissed by the front desk because another couple came in asking for a room. Being a mom, I carry some sort of cleaning supplies with me so I cleaned the bathroom myself. I have since sent a complaint to the parent company but nothing has come of it yet.

There were 2 small positives to our stay. The pool was great...it was the cleanest part of the whole hotel. The continental breakfast was also quite nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank briniboo

Travelers are raving about these Esquimalt hotels

Montana
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The air conditioner was on the frits it squealed during the night due to all the dust clogging it from the road construction adjacent to the motel.. No buisness center we had to pay to get online. access was to the hotel was horriable a very busy intersection. My back hurt from the bed in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worest i have seen at a comfort inn to date... but my wife forgot her black hills gold braclet in the bathroom we called and they found it and after some paperwork will mail it to us...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fromnwmont
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
Arbutus Inn
#36 of 49 in Victoria
Comfort Inn & Suites
#39 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!